Thread: AOE Mage Skill Point Allocation by Platycow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default AOE Mage Skill Point Allocation by Platycow

My only character right now that I use is my Enchantress that I decided to make into a AOE battle mage.
    The very first skill i maxed out was Firestorm because it was quick kills to low hp enemies. Next came putting Ice storm at rank 2 so I can COMBO them. Now i wish i had only put it at 1 because the damage is very weak..
    The next skill that I chose to rank up was Magic Shield. Most people think that this skill is useless but when soloing any map without 9000 armor point, you will need this. Magic shield lets you run into a room and spazz out on those aliens with your skills!
    Ill skip the rest because that is up to you and what skills you think you need right away. Skills that should definitely be maxed are the blessing that gives you crit, magic shield, firestorm, lightning, and any others of your choice. Dont pick spells such as Drain Life unless you are really not keeping track of when your Magic Shield will dissipate so you can't kite the mob before you die. Spells that only target one enemy are not as good but are helpful to have at say rank 1 so you don't have to use AOE spells and wait for them to recharge though it's not hard to wait.
    With the Blessing of Vitality, it is possible to achieve the highest crit value in the game-94%. You can get this by asking me in game or looking around in the forums some more!!
    So, that's it for my guide for right now but as a figure out more and possibly better ways to AOE kill, I will share them with you
    Oh and wouldnt it be sweet if there was an Earthquake spell?
    It would leave a crack in the ground like Ursan's Stomp but would have an armor break ability that temporarily lowers the armor of the enemy!

Thanks for reading,
    Platycow
    Last edited by Register; 05-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Others don't max out magic shield because the 10 extra armor for 12 sec doesn't do anything to be worth the skill points. You're sacrificing 5 skill points that could be used for other skills. Timing of the shield and BOV will ensure you're protected for most of the time.

Drain life is actually good for the damage it does. It's your strongest spell and is useful against bosses. Proper timing will allow you to use it to heal yourself.

Spells that target just a single person isn't necessarily bad. Bosses are one such instance where single target spells are good. Frost Bite is a better offensive skill that ice storm. I only use a lv1 ice storm to set up a combo.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yeah..its a work in progress!!! Dont criticize my words of wisdom!!!!!
    lol ya i didnt say anything about the skills to keep at one but i said to put magic shield at 6 because its not like other skills would be as beneficial as firestorm to an AOE mage. Because you have 55 points to spend, you might end up just maxing it out to use up the points because it will help save your mana and no other skills would be ranked in particular.
    I didnt say Drain Life was bad;i said to use it if you feel like you are losing extra hp after a mob and you are fighting only one enemy away from a mob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

lol does that work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

it does!
    You can type in (semi colon) banana (semicolon)!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Putting the shield at 6 wastes those points you could add to spells that actually make a difference. When your mana shield is up you don't need a few extra armor points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I GET IT I KNOW IT WAS A WASTE LOL READ THE EARLIER COMMENTS please...