+1 bring em back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

How about -

Change para gems to add +7.5 damage (not bonus damage, the actual stat) on the first gem and 2.5 for every subsequent gem. #YuGotTrolled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello,

I've made a thread like this before but I strongly feel that this should be revisited. Before I begin, I would like to say that I have a number of enchanted eye gems already stored should this idea not be implemented but I would prefer that the Paracelsus and enchanted eye gems be returned to the game.

Upon the release of the jewel system, not only did the highest level of jewels become incredibly expensive, especially when compared to their supergem counterpart but also, gems were discontinued. Thus, this leaves us with a lot of OP players whose stats simply far out do their peers.

I do realize that developer stance on this is that these gems will eventually fizzle out and be replaced when newer gear comes. However, my opinion is that is very theoretical and not very realistic. Hoarders will always be present and there will always be a new wave of gems being sold at even higher prices. (Although, money is not the issue for me). Additionally, the new mythic set will be set to last half a year or more if the life expectancy of previous mythic sets/imbued sets tells us anything. Quite simply, expecting players to wait so long is pure baloney!

So, I suggest that eye gems and paracelsus gems be returned in their respective events. They will not be detriment to the jewel system, as jewels are still great additions for twinks (L30s can get stats only typically available to a L46 supergemmed item). However, it is quite clear that jewels are not a viable replacement for gems at end game. The fatal flaw is the amount of cracked jewels it requires to make a noble gem as well as the lack of stats for completing such an arduous task. I feel that both systems should be allowed place in the game and we as players can pick which one benefits us more in which situation.
    I completely disagree. I would rather see that STS removes all gems that are not socketed into any gear and announces that one month in advance to keep the market crash in check. I can accept that eyes and paras will be in the 46 mythic gear since it is the first season of the jewel system, but I definitely do not want to see a single gem in lv51 gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Your logic is Flawed.

Let it end. The developer said they will phase it out. Let it phase out.

THE MAIN REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANTED BACK is BECAUSE you have enough gold to buy the majority of them 'IF' they come back and then YOU hoarded again. And guess what? Back to square one again where, Only the select Rich players have those gems and be OP like it was before.

Now if and once it DOES PHASE OUT, Guess what again? EVERYONE will be on the same level of the playing field.

Even if some of you will say, that the hoarder from the first time will be OP. Again, guess what? If they hoarders, THEY WILL NEVER GEM THEIR EQUIPMENTS.

And therefore, everyone WILL STILL be on the same level of playing field.

Now do you understand, the developers point?

So, Stop whining and let it PHASE OUT.
    He is not winning bro, and you are thinking he wants it back for money (realy fml, lol he got plenty of gold to last him a life time. He just is trying to help get the game back, to be fun.) I one thing to say to u, chill man, chill.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Ikr you can't remove them. People worked hard to obtain them. They truly need to fix the jewels... It's a good system with potential but not adequate as we still rely on old gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I have been wondering also. Its possible that he is hoping people may think that eye gems will come back, therefore the price becomes lower and he can hoard more? Or he may soon (before everyone else) know for sure if they will come back or not, that way he can sell all of his eye gem/para gem items and hoard gems when they come back. No one in this world tries to help anyone else without wanting something out of it. So either it is that hes attempting to manipulate the market by a well thought-out post, or he has some insider information, and is hoping that the point of "gems wont be brought back" sticks out, so prices are driven further up. As we know, sts is quick to change their mind. Who knows,para gems and eye gems might come back.
    i totally agree with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    I totally agree with you on this, yes the gems like para and eye will never die and there will be hoarders and the people who can afford them but either make this jewel system give atleast decent stats or introduce para or eye gems back into the game.
    These are kinds of gems which wont ever die so why not bring them back and make it available for many players.
    If its brought back, it will be 10X Worst in the near future. Thats how many more hoarders will be...You will get Old and now New people who will hoard them.

Just let it phase out like it was intended to. Just remember, once you craft it its stuck on that equipment forever. And if AL ever last that long, it eventually, be another equipment that no one will use as time goes by (especially for end games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Lets revisit this topic in 6 months from now, it seems...when people have stats others cannot possibly touch.
    It's better to review this when there's a new lvl cap. Because everything that comes out and if it stays at the same lvl. It really doesn't change anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

i find para to be highly destrucrive and op but of course i believe that is one of the reasons is why sts has discontinued it XD that still didnt stop ppl from using para lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I agree that para and eyes should come back. I disagree that they should be a reward from an event. Making them an event reward makes them an exclusive item, even if the event is recurring. Make them both tradeable and farmable (in a super hard to obtain way - I don't care) that way everybody has a chance to get them and nobody runs the risk of getting scammed from a guy "selling" his hoarded para from last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    I agree that para and eyes should come back. I disagree that they should be a reward from an event. Making them an event reward makes them an exclusive item, even if the event is recurring. Make them both tradeable and farmable (in a super hard to obtain way - I don't care) that way everybody has a chance to get them and nobody runs the risk of getting scammed from a guy "selling" his hoarded para from last year
    Or put those Paras in locks and make them tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wouldn't it be better to rework the current jewel system rather than bringing back old gems? Gems tied to events are bad for the game because they aren't obtainable normally. If a new player joins after the event and they realize they have to pay a premium or wait a year to obtain a powerful item, that just discourages them. Stopping the gems in game from scaling further and revamping the current jewel system would be much better for the game in the long run. Bringing back para/eye is only a bandaid on a problem that will have to be addressed at a later date anyways.
    Last edited by phaixe; 10-05-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: proofreading

15. The Following User Says Thank You to phaixe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree 100% w Zeus paras n eyes must come back in Halloween & Winter. It will be a change tht will benifit all players from the twinks to the endgames.
    Gl Zeus!
    In:Sented

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

IMO, I think he's whining... ( I believed he has a second agenda, which is below this sentence)

With that much he has, picture him buying the majority and hoards it...then your back to the same thing again.... (like post #61)

The OP, will ALWAYS be OP...now and in the future, but with his way, it be constantly. If you let the Parastone phase out...it will eventually be on the same lvl playing field for all later on.

Don't get me wrong, for the people who said they have tons of those parastone save...it doesn't mean anything, until you craft them. And if it's not crafted, that means, parastone is useless in their inventory.

Again, let it Phase Out. For those selective few people who still have them will eventually use them up if and when they see better items coming. And if not, it's still useless in their inventory collecting dust.

And if STS catered to people like this, then this game will be a lost cause sooner than later.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If its brought back, it will be 10X Worst in the near future. Thats how many more hoarders will be...You will get Old and now New people who will hoard them.

Just let it phase out like it was intended to. Just remember, once you craft it its stuck on that equipment forever. And if AL ever last that long, it eventually, be another equipment that no one will use as time goes by (especially for end games).
    PL was their longest lasting game and it lasted approximately 3 years. AL is on its second year and expansions take approximately 8 months.

Again, let's have this conversation 6 months from now and see who is on the winning side of this argument.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phaixe View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to rework the current jewel system rather than bringing back old gems? Gems tied to events are bad for the game because they aren't obtainable normally. If a new player joins after the event and they realize they have to pay a premium or wait a year to obtain a powerful item, that just discourages them. Stopping the gems in game from scaling further and revamping the current jewel system would be much better for the game in the long run. Bringing back para/eye is only a bandaid on a problem that will have to be addressed at a later date anyways.

The damage is already done. Had STG made eye and para gems non-gemmable for L46 gear, we would not be having this conversation.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

IMO, I think he's whining... ( I believed he has a second agenda, which is below this sentence)

With that much he has, picture him buying the majority and hoards it...then your back to the same thing again.... (like post #61)

The OP, will ALWAYS be OP...now and in the future, but with his way, it be constantly. If you let the Parastone phase out...it will eventually be on the same lvl playing field for all later on.

Don't get me wrong, for the people who said they have tons of those parastone save...it doesn't mean anything, until you craft them. And if it's not crafted, that means, parastone is useless in their inventory.

Again, let it Phase Out. For those selective few people who still have them will eventually use them up if and when they see better items coming. And if not, it's still useless in their inventory collecting dust.

And if STS catered to people like this, then this game will be a lost cause sooner than later.
    Have you seen the recent gear coming out???
    Heck if 3 noble jewels are placed in the new mythic ring, the arcane ring is still better.....
    Only the new mythic armor is an update only if these jewels are spent..... And I would dare say most people will use eye gems into these sockets, not para stones....

Also, let us assume that their are 5000-7000 players that play this game.
    Of that group only about 300-600 will achieve max gear. (let us go with 450)

If 450 people have to max out 18 slots with these high end gems, then 8100 of these high end gems will be used... BUT, considering these people will not have to re-gem their arcane ring, their planar pendant, and their weapon, only 9 high end gems are required..... Meaning only 4050 gems need to be used.

With the way sts is releasing gear, it will be about a year before all the high end players completely abandon their own gear sets, in which case most of these layers have already hoarded all the gems they need to be OP for another year....

I would say at least 2 more years before all these gems are cycled out...Tell me if you would like to wait that long.....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sorry, I don't think you understand. I ALREADY have the gems to be OP. I have them slotted in the new mythic helm (10M value) and I have enough for the new mythic armor. Given that life expectancy for sets is approximately 6-8 months, my safety is already written in stone. Your protests will change nothing regarding this. The game runs on money & im fortunate to have endless amounts of it.

And if you think people like me do not prepare in advance, boy...you are wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Have you seen the recent gear coming out???
    Heck if 3 noble jewels are placed in the new mythic ring, the arcane ring is still better.....
    Only the new mythic armor is an update only if these jewels are spent..... And I would dare say most people will use eye gems into these sockets, not para stones....

Also, let us assume that their are 5000-7000 players that play this game.
    Of that group only about 300-600 will achieve max gear. (let us go with 450)

If 450 people have to max out 18 slots with these high end gems, then 8100 of these high end gems will be used... BUT, considering these people will not have to re-gem their arcane ring, their planar pendant, and their weapon, only 9 high end gems are required..... Meaning only 4050 gems need to be used.

With the way sts is releasing gear, it will be about a year before all the high end players completely abandon their own gear sets, in which case most of these layers have already hoarded all the gems they need to be OP for another year....

I would say at least 2 more years before all these gems are cycled out...Tell me if you would like to wait that long.....

Thank you for bringing numbers into this. Ipoopsy seems to embody his name. (: