Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enchanted Eye & Para Gems Dilemma

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Enchanted Eye & Para Gems Dilemma

Hello,

I've made a thread like this before but I strongly feel that this should be revisited. Before I begin, I would like to say that I have a number of enchanted eye gems already stored should this idea not be implemented but I would prefer that the Paracelsus and enchanted eye gems be returned to the game.

Upon the release of the jewel system, not only did the highest level of jewels become incredibly expensive, especially when compared to their supergem counterpart but also, gems were discontinued. Thus, this leaves us with a lot of OP players whose stats simply far out do their peers.

I do realize that developer stance on this is that these gems will eventually fizzle out and be replaced when newer gear comes. However, my opinion is that is very theoretical and not very realistic. Hoarders will always be present and there will always be a new wave of gems being sold at even higher prices. (Although, money is not the issue for me). Additionally, the new mythic set will be set to last half a year or more if the life expectancy of previous mythic sets/imbued sets tells us anything. Quite simply, expecting players to wait so long is pure baloney!

So, I suggest that eye gems and paracelsus gems be returned in their respective events. They will not be detriment to the jewel system, as jewels are still great additions for twinks (L30s can get stats only typically available to a L46 supergemmed item). However, it is quite clear that jewels are not a viable replacement for gems at end game. The fatal flaw is the amount of cracked jewels it requires to make a noble gem as well as the lack of stats for completing such an arduous task. I feel that both systems should be allowed place in the game and we as players can pick which one benefits us more in which situation.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-04-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Agreed. Bring back the gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

TL;DR - At endgame people with eyes/paras/gobs of cash will be OP for ages, jewels aren't viable as they don't give you bang for your buck. Everyone should be allowed to be equal, so bring back Eyes/Paras since hoarders still have them and only the richest will have them, making the whole phase out gems redundant.
    Personally, I wholeheartedly agree.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

+1
    I love this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    TL;DR - At endgame people with eyes/paras/gobs of cash will be OP for ages, jewels aren't viable as they don't give you bang for your buck. Everyone should be allowed to be equal, so bring back Eyes/Paras since hoarders still have them and only the richest will have them, making the whole phase out gems redundant.
    Personally, I wholeheartedly agree.
    Yet, I don't understand the first time I brought this suggestion people suggested I had some sort of market manipulation in mind. SMH! Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

As I suggested before, I think they should just make lightning jewels mimic eye gems. In addition to crit, they should add one stat point for each level (first main stat, then secondary, then other secondary, and so on).

They should also give the first chaos jewel a damage bonus, like para gems.

These two changes would make the gems less OP.

I really don't want to see gems come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I totally disagree. We should bring back para and eye gems. Zzz what's your problem Zeus LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Al is the best For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    As I suggested before, I think they should just make lightning jewels mimic eye gems. In addition to crit, they should add one stat point for each level (first main stat, then secondary, then other secondary, and so on).

They should also give the first chaos jewel a damage bonus, like para gems.

These two changes would make the gems less OP.

I really don't want to see gems come back.
    Why do you think gems shouldn't return?

And that would not work because jewels stop at L30. Gems scale to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Al is the best View Post
    I totally disagree. We should bring back para and eye gems. Zzz what's your problem Zeus LOL
    Here you go man, I found a helpful link for you that may later help you understand this thread: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-04-2015 at 06:47 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Why do you think gems shouldn't return?

And that would not work because jewels stop at L30. Gems scale to level.
    They stop at 30 now. I assume they will go up to 45 within this cap.

I just think gems will be unnecessary if these two simple changes get made. Eventually, then the para will be weaker than the chaos jewel. (I think the eye would too, but I'd have to think about it.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They stop at 30 now. I assume they will go up to 45 within this cap.

I just think gems will be unnecessary if these two simple changes get made. Eventually, then the para will be weaker than the chaos jewel. (I think the eye would too, but I'd have to think about it.)
    I believe a developer quoted that the jewel system will not go past L30 (another huge flaw of the jewel system). In my opinion, they should go to whatever the present cap is or they'll never outdo gems. Additionally, the effort to obtain a noble gem...oi vey!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I believe a developer quoted that the jewel system will not go past L30 (another huge flaw of the jewel system). In my opinion, they should go to whatever the present cap is or they'll never outdo gems. Additionally, the effort to obtain a noble gem...oi vey!
    If they really don't intend to go past L30 in this cap, the jewel system is even worse than I thought. I'd like to see stats on the current use of lightning jewels. How many players actually use them? Any?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

If they really don't intend to go past L30 in this cap, the jewel system is even worse than I thought. I'd like to see stats on the current use of lightning jewels. How many players actually use them? Any?
    I had one or two, then I realized I was a moron...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Ya they are horrid. We helped someone in the guild make a noble. It was not good, I'll see if I can get him to post some ss with it.

I would actually get behind them fixing the jewels so we don't have to be dependent on these old gems and not bring them back. 100%

But, I feel that's a lost cause and waaaaayyyy too expensive anyways so sure. Bring back the Para for Halloween. Mine as well. It's truly the only way to fix it easily. Also make them tradeable and they will be so cheap too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This new jewel system is a complete letdown.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuorsyra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I agree! Bring back Para Gem and Eye of whatever it's called XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Nope nope nope.....do not bring back para gems deal with it ,..I guess it was just a mistake that STS made it stackable. Learn to be content what we have right now which is the new jewels��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I don't know the reason behind making para gem untradeable.
    Did it stop people selling it? NO. Did it stop people from stacking para gems?NO

Instead of that it led to scam. Many people got scammed because the para gem wasn't tradeable.

Anyways I expect to farm para gem or jewel this halloween.

Please STS release para gem/jewel. It will make most of the players happy.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Don't bring para or enchanted back to the game

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hello,

I've made a thread like this before but I strongly feel that this should be revisited. Before I begin, I would like to say that I have a number of enchanted eye gems already stored should this idea not be implemented but I would prefer that the Paracelsus and enchanted eye gems be returned to the game.

Upon the release of the jewel system, not only did the highest level of jewels become incredibly expensive, especially when compared to their supergem counterpart but also, gems were discontinued. Thus, this leaves us with a lot of OP players whose stats simply far out do their peers.

I do realize that developer stance on this is that these gems will eventually fizzle out and be replaced when newer gear comes. However, my opinion is that is very theoretical and not very realistic. Hoarders will always be present and there will always be a new wave of gems being sold at even higher prices. (Although, money is not the issue for me). Additionally, the new mythic set will be set to last half a year or more if the life expectancy of previous mythic sets/imbued sets tells us anything. Quite simply, expecting players to wait so long is pure baloney!

So, I suggest that eye gems and paracelsus gems be returned in their respective events. They will not be detriment to the jewel system, as jewels are still great additions for twinks (L30s can get stats only typically available to a L46 supergemmed item). However, it is quite clear that jewels are not a viable replacement for gems at end game. The fatal flaw is the amount of cracked jewels it requires to make a noble gem as well as the lack of stats for completing such an arduous task. I feel that both systems should be allowed place in the game and we as players can pick which one benefits us more in which situation.
    Your logic is Flawed.

Let it end. The developer said they will phase it out. Let it phase out.

THE MAIN REASON WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANTED BACK is BECAUSE you have enough gold to buy the majority of them 'IF' they come back and then YOU hoarded again. And guess what? Back to square one again where, Only the select Rich players have those gems and be OP like it was before.

Now if and once it DOES PHASE OUT, Guess what again? EVERYONE will be on the same level of the playing field.

Even if some of you will say, that the hoarder from the first time will be OP. Again, guess what? If they hoarders, THEY WILL NEVER GEM THEIR EQUIPMENTS.

And therefore, everyone WILL STILL be on the same level of playing field.

Now do you understand, the developers point?

So, Stop whining and let it PHASE OUT.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Novyaj Zeanreh View Post
    Nope nope nope.....do not bring back para gems deal with it ,..I guess it was just a mistake that STS made it stackable. Learn to be content what we have right now which is the new jewels��
    Hehe .. how many noble chaos jewel did u farm?