Thread: Hello World!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello World!

I am a new to these boards and wanted to say hello. My main character is a full dex bird (level 46 glass cannon, health pot addict), and I am enjoying it tremendously. I am very excited to continue to learn the game and see new content.

I have enjoyed the upgrade in challenge for AO3, but one thing that does concern me is the poor quality of most groups in AO3. Most of the time these turn out to be one of the following 1) Incompetent or unbalanced group that has no chance of beating a boss. Actually getting to solo Gurgox is the only real benefit to this :P 2) Good group that breaks up after 1 level.

I'd love to find a solid group to clear the whole instance on a semi regular basis. I haven't even come close on Overlord with random groups. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I figure I can probably grind it out and get to 50 and the Sewers. Does it get better or will the next dungeons get worse?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share!

Raaoden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hi! Welcome to the forum I totally understand the thing about Ao3. Finally, powerleveling has gotten nerfed and many players don't know what to do with themselves there. You just need to find those who do know what they're doing and keep contact. Sewers should get better. There are a lot of pros that run in PUGs and let people in their own games I'm a pvp nerd, so I don't pve much, but I'm glad you found the forum!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Welcome man! good to see new faces. I see you already met Brooke. If you have Questions just ask, this is a helpful community.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Welcome! If you're in a group that is doing well say so in game and then add everyone. Tell the group "thanks for a great run! Hopefully we can group again!" Then next time you see them on invite them to your game or if they're hosting ask if they have room in their games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you all for the advice. There is quite a lot on these pages to read up on and I have learned a lot the last few days. I've been adding good people since I started, but the attrition rate of people who I played with in my 20's and 30's has been quite high, well at least they are never on when I am and haven't leveled much since. I keep an eye out for good players and try to be friendly within groups. Im slowly building up my 40's friends. I usually look to see what groups they are in first before going pure random.

I haven't played any PVP yet, I might just have to check that out. I am sure it would be fun. COuld be something to break up the frustration of AO3 groups when Im having trouble Feel free to ad me as a friend and say hello sometime in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Or if you are in a group and you like them (all or some) and you get to friend them. See if after your run, any of them wants to run it again or wants to run a level you want. Or go to the place you want to run and invite your friends. Generally if they were playing with you, like you, and are still in game, they'll continue to play with you.

There's a saying I've heard over and over: No one leaves a good group. Basically it just means people in a group they like stay until their fingers hurt (ouch) or they have to leave/take a break or their ipad/iphone/Android dies.

It also means, if you make a new game if the leader leaves, you can often pick up most of those members again to run some more. It's human nature to NOT want to leave when one is having fun. So give them good games and you'll find friends quickly.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

First, welcome to the forums!! More fun than the actual game itself in some respects.

If you need help with anything, msg me ingame and I'll probably come. My two mains are Otukura and Geotafan. When you hit 48/feel ready for sewers, my games are always open to low levels. Mystery Gear irks me, just is ugly, so I hope you don't wear that

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    or their Android dies.
    Nah... Impossible!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hello and welcome :-)

Feel free to ask any questions and add any of my chars :-)
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey there, welcome to the PL community!!
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming and the advice. I do appreciate the offers for help as well. I am 47 and counting!

Otukura - I do have all my mystery gear waiting and ready to go for when I hit 50. When i get there I'll use a vanity cap just for you :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

add my sigs. saulaocapary can try to kill OL, I can also bring in a few birds I know that can. you will want VL unlocked once you hit 50 and start to take cyber quests. I can sell you full void bow set if you want. it's much better than mystery (or so i've heard. never compared stats). the price will be based off of market price. do AO3 until you hit 50, do cyber, then go to BS (you should be 51/52 by then) and, if needed, replace with yellow and green BS gear. don't get pinks or purples, those cost a fortune at that level. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

on behalf of the might of the Scorn empire...... Goodbye to your World

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just registered here and posting my first post to say hello to all existing members. I'm Nick Berg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the last few days were eventful, Finally took down the Overlord, made it to 51 just playing in random groups. Haven't gotten far on the cyber totems quests, should I bother with those or start at sewers? Does Cyb er gear get replaced quickly? My DPS is listed at 333 in Mystery gear in case that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Welcome to Moth's Lair. Make yourself at home...while you can JK Welcome!