Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Toor is nerfed?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Default Toor is nerfed?!?!

hello,

as you might already have realized, toor's fissure duration has been reduced from around 20s (i remember i only need to wait 5 seconds to resummon the fissure)
    to a mere 10s, the ratio was about 20s++ for duration, and 28s of cooldown, but now, it is far nerfed to become 10/28... which is ridiculously crazy, considering it is able to be removed by stampy right now

i'd like to request some explanation about this uninformed nerfs,

thank you

P.S. i don't mind if you also reduce the cooldown to 20s or lesser :P
    Last edited by extrapayah; 10-08-2015 at 07:14 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

If this is indeed true, I would be pretty angry. I mean this pet was nerfed without any complaints about it being OP except in twink levels, and their SNS(legendary) Bug was not fixed....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Better not have been....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yes true,we try toor and duration fissure is 10s now

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    If this is indeed true, I would be pretty angry. I mean this pet was nerfed without any complaints about it being OP except in twink levels, and their SNS(legendary) Bug was not fixed....
    It was nerfed for good reason before. The dmg was kinda ridiculous at low lvls. As for why it was nerfed again I dont really know, most likely its just a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

It's most likely just a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

while we are at it, why don't you also change the cooldown to 22s and duration to 15s? the ratio is lower than previous one (20s/28s, before pre-halloween update), but lower cooldown will make it very versatile in pve, especially when moving between mobs group to group.

and 22s has been proved as a well worthed cooldown, like samael and maridos, not too long, but not too quick for an arcane level aa. and it's not like toor aa is broken op to begin with, in pve

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yea they did.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Fissures have always had a duration of 10s since Toor was added to the game at the beginning of the Rage of the Ren'gol expansion. I did a thorough check of his files to confirm. We did, however, have a bug very early in the expansion where the cooldown of Toor's Arcane Ability was incorrectly set too low. That was fixed very shortly after the expansion's release. Perhaps that is why you are remembering such a short window between cast time and fissure duration?

We never intend to "stealth nerf" anything in AL. We do our best to always tell players about changes to the game.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Once the price for SNS (arcane) drops to an affordable rate I can garuntee that toor will be a thing of the past. Who need a much weaker, less useful, "meh" version when you can get the original "pool" pet?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

been using toor for all the time for pvp....and yeah noticed slightly changes about its fissure....duration not as good as before....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i am sorry all, i was under impression that toor has been somehow weakened when i ran planar tomb 2 yesterday,

but it seems like i had a complain before about toor's aa cooldown and i counted both of the duration and the cooldown there before posting toor stats in pet guide section in this forum, and yes, the fissure was only 10s, at least when i wrote the post here

thank you and sorry

p.s. toor really needs a buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    We do our best to always tell players about changes to the game.
    I strongly disagree with your statement here, Fibus. One of my biggest gripes about SpaceTime Studios, both on and off the forums, is the lack of communication of change to the game mechanics to customers (your players) until they catch a change themselves and bring it up, which you, carapace, or G-M quickly remove the comment saying it's not productive feedback, or give us players the old "nothing changed, you're all crazy" spiel many of us know all too well.

The biggest, most recent, event that I'll use as an example, is the "buff" to planar tombs - mobs and boss difficulty increasing. From an end-user's perspective, it seems all too convenient that this increase in difficulty happened at the same time planar fragments became a viable farming option again (egg-shells for stampy). The change to mobs was VERY noticeable to anybody who had run tombs this season, especially to someone who had run the tombs maps 200+ times just that week for a guild contest (me). There was a distinct change in mob and boss difficulty and nothing at all was said about it from the developers to the players. When people started saying something on the forums, carapace said

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    There was no scaling or change to the current levels, however we did pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions.
    Which confirmed a change to mob difficulty without ever notifying players until after players complained about it.

This loses the company and its representatives credibility. With arcane legends, I've seen this happen far too many times. This sort of thing is why everybody is so jumpy about "hidden nerfs" or "changed drop rates" after every update - you've made us jumpy, and with good reason.

You say you're doing your best, but I do believe that there is still a lot of room for improvement. I would personally like to see a closer knit relationship between the players and the developers, and not the just the 10% of people who have signed up on the forums. The closer the relationship between your customers and you, the happier your customers will be and the more willing we will be to not only play the game, but to pay more for it in the long run. You have a lot of resources available to you and a lot of great ideas, don't let it go to waste just because we aren't salaried employees.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Either SnS should have the description properly reflect the correct stats or have the stats correctly reflect the description. STS needs to chose one or the other and fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree with Darren here
    Another example I can think of is the loot bug of the king when he first woke up... Players mentioned that there was a bug which the devs flatly rejected saying there is no such thing and everything was in order... Next thing we know they quietly fix it and when king awakens the next time loot gets distributed as it should have been in the first place... This goes to prove how good the communication is between the devs and their customers...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thorasaur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sts always makes a secret nerf, is there something new? Time to quit this is getting no where.