Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Version 1.7.2 has been submitted to Apple!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I imagine rants like this are why you have the ign banned; however I cannot say that I disagree with the rant (just wouldn't word it quite so...). I didn't know that the GoA had anything to do with the shield losing it stats, but I have been noticing that if enough people complain about something then it's just a matter of time before the devs try to please everyone with a compromise. Only bears ever had a "unique" SoG (both birds and mages had theirs moddled after the BS shields).

The change seems to be fair as the shield does offer no stat points so it's just for looks, so can you really be upset that you cannot wear it with your two handed weapon (other shields cannot be weilded with a two handed weapon). The change that allowed people who purchased 30 plat of more for the shield was sad, but it's a no stat shield that is just for show, so again shouldn't really bother anyone.
    Thought that joke was already played out, but I was obviously mistaken. Not very creative, are we? Maybe that over-consumption of intoxicants is affecting your imagination? Assuming that's why you call yourself Gluttony, of course.

Anyway, the amount of PL/Community shield holders in comparison to the non-PL/Community shield holders really doesn't seem like enough to warrant the complete overhaul of an item's function. (I don't really care about this)

I guess "bears ofc" wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I do believe I can be upset about being given a gift, and then prevented from using it, regardless of it's inability to affect my stats. SWAG.
    Last edited by Banned; 05-17-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

meh, I'm glad that they made all shields pure vanity, that way i can use it guilt free on top of other shields. tbh that really is all it should be, a vanity option to show your support in the game.
    while my issues lie not in the changes, but in the lack of changes for the bird and mage, that is another story...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    no more wack a mole shields? NOOOOoo....

ah well, can be understood, if not liked... it frankly was a glitch.
    You're right, but they could have, at the very least, modified it to show in SOME way that didn't appear unpolished(aka, Corpser) instead of completely eliminating it's usage.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Yes now I have more of a reason for doing 132 quests but I have a question if you do the quest before the update do you still get xp or no cuz if every new player gets it and older players don't that's not really fair. and how much xp per quest?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Thought that joke was already played out, but I was obviously mistaken. Not very creative, are we? Maybe that over-consumption of intoxicants is affecting your imagination? Assuming that's why you call yourself Gluttony, of course.

Yes, I do believe I can be upset about being given a gift, and then prevented from using it, regardless of it's inability to affect my stats. SWAG.
    Do ign jokes ever get played out; I mean do you think you're the first intelligent minded individual to make a Gluttony joke, or perhaps the fact that you coupled it with alcohol makes it double witty? Sorry for my lack of creativity, you on the other hand can always look to a life of stand-up comedy once you have the free time to do so. Judging from you lack of the ability to take a complement, you may not get very far.

You can be as upset as you want, but it's a bit hypocritical to do so. People complaining is what got it changed in the first place, so is this your solo attempt to force the devs hand to reverse their decision? The shield is an attempt at some fail system the devs have working, it's more like a shiny new toy to keep the people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    Yes now I have more of a reason for doing 132 quests but I have a question if you do the quest before the update do you still get xp or no cuz if every new player gets it and older players don't that's not really fair. and how much xp per quest?
    Seriously, are we starting the "cause that's not fair" game before the update even comes into play?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Original Zbo is ready for B* yeah buddy!
    Zbooo- Lvl 1x Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Do ign jokes ever get played out; I mean do you think you're the first intelligent minded individual to make a Gluttony joke, or perhaps the fact that you coupled it with alcohol makes it double witty? Sorry for my lack of creativity, you on the other hand can always look to a life of stand-up comedy once you have the free time to do so. Judging from you lack of the ability to take a complement, you may not get very far.

You can be as upset as you want, but it's a bit hypocritical to do so. People complaining is what got it changed in the first place, so is this your solo attempt to force the devs hand to reverse their decision? The shield is an attempt at some fail system the devs have working, it's more like a shiny new toy to keep the people happy.
    I guess you didn't catch my attempt at parodying your lame joke with another lame joke. Which is understandable, seeing as how it's difficult to perceive intent on the Internet.

I don't quite understand how I'm being hypocritical. I never said anything about reverting it back to it's unpolished state, but rather that I'd like to see it changed to something cooler then non-existent. Something along the lines of user Corpser's idea(shield on back).

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    I guess you didn't catch my attempt at parodying your lame joke with another lame joke. Which is understandable, seeing as how it's difficult to perceive intent on the Internet.

I don't quite understand how I'm being hypocritical. I never said anything about reverting it back to it's unpolished state, but rather that I'd like to see it changed to something cooler then non-existent. Something along the lines of user Corpser's idea(shield on back).
    I see what you did there, quite creative indeed! Are you sure I was using your ign to make a witty joke, or rather complementing you on how well you know yourself (choosing banned with the type of on the edge comments you make does indeed prove that you know where actions like this are leading you). I chose gluttony for similar reasons, but to the point.

Complaining about people complaining is indeed hypocritical, I'll point it out for you since you seem to be missing the point. You directly blamed the GoA's complaints for the change in the shield of gratitude, you then state how the shield lost it's exclusiveness in a step by step analysis. You finally complain that it's losing yet some more uniqueness and you're very upset over the fact. I imagine this plays out very similar to how the shield became vanity/statless in the first place. Asking to have the shield reverted back to it's unpolished state would actually be the opposite.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-18-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Whilst the chat Gluttony and Banned are having is interesting (come on folks, get a room :-p), I'm gonna comment on the OP.

I'm loving all (but one of) the updates, especially the CS improvements, here's hoping our stash gets an overhaul next. It's much needed. Sadly, I don't like the vanity shield fix. I guess running maps with my keepers staff and GoA shield isn't gonna be happening for much longer..... :-(

Gluttony & Banned, you both raise, really great points, many of which I agree with, but look how quickly text talking can degenerate into tit 4 tat. (sorry bickering, arguing).. I think you almost agreed with each other at one point. Oh, and the bit about a room was a jk, just in case. I was just trying to lighten the mood, hopefully succeeded, crawling back under my stone else. Enjoy.... Lol
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I see all good things in the update, love the work devs
    Especially I'm happy for the experience given by quests. While waiting for devs to say if completed quests will add experience to our current amount, I wanna ask if also daily quests will give exp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

iam annoing but i hope that i can finally craft the mystery wepon at least with this version :/
    ty for bearing me
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do u guys mean by submitted to apple? I cant find the update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

thats a cool update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Johnaudi View Post
    What do u guys mean by submitted to apple? I cant find the update!
    It just means that STS has sent it to Apple and Apple still has to approve it. When the content becomes available, the devs will let us know. It usually takes about a week or week and a half for it to be approved.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Love it! Even more reason to run the daily quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when can we have the update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Wooohooo, updates

Quote Originally Posted by Trav19ktm View Post
    when can we have the update?
    When Apple approves it Usually takes a week or two...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default XP to previously completed quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusofire View Post
    will we get xp for all the quests we completed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    Both of these are questions/concerns of mine as well. I'm really not the type of player to gripe about things being unfair. Changes are always being made and often times some will benefit while others do not.

That being said, this is a situation in which I have some concern. I would really like to see players who previously took the time to complete quests, which is what the developers truly intended for us to do, to be given the XP for the completed quests. Seeing as each character has a log of their completed quests I don't see this as being something difficult to accomplish from the STS side.

My reasoning is that STS put the quests in for a reason. They add to the story and in a perfect world I'm sure they would have liked to see everyone do them. With the monumental grind from 55-56, if 55 players who sped through levels and skipped quests can now go back and complete (very easily by soloing low levels) the quests they never did for XP they will have a pretty big time/grind savings, and even a money savings if you take into account this is XP for which they don't have to spend gold for XP elixers in order to benefit from. The only ones who would be hurt if XP isn't retroactively awarded are those who took the time to go through and complete the quests, which is exactly the group of players I don't think should be penalized.

I'm open to hearing any comments both for and against this retroactive XP. However, if high levels can go back through and solo very low level quests they previously skipped for easy/fast XP while those who took the time to complete them earlier reap no benefit then I am very disappointed in the implementation of this. I know STS always works to make improvements and changes while doing so as smoothly and fairly as possible. I am very interested to know how they plan to handle this.
    Last edited by Bobloblaw; 05-18-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: grammar
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great patch, pocket legends is getting better and better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I don't see what the big deal is regarding XP for quests. You'll likely get 1-2 XP which leads to about 200-400 XP if you do ALL of the quests. You can easily get this amount in 1-2 Hideout runs for a fraction of the time. It's not really that unfair. No point in complaining about something when all he facts about it aren't known yet.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.