Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Official Duel Arena Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

You're welcome. Thanks for all the suggestions. We know it's not perfect right off the bat and we'll continue evaluating and refining the system. This is just the start!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Dont click accept until AFTER the packs have gone

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone!

To help the devs see all of your feedback, I have moved and merged several threads that were popping up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Staking option (once everything is polished up of course)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Default Please Rethink the 1 vs 1 Arena

Aside from the obvious shortcomings of gear difference and class imbalance that affects (determines really) a 1 vs 1 match, there are some serious issues with the 1 vs 1 arena. These are enumerated below-]

1) Players of any level can duel each other. A solution would be to apply the same level restrictions as ctf and tdm to duels
    2) Rogue packs and planar pendant procs of all classes remain in the map even after the duel is over.
    3) There is no countdown before the match starts after the players spawn. There should be a 3 second countdown, or ideally the game starts 3 seconds after both players charge their first skills
    4) The 10% damage nerf to rogues has not been applied to the map
    5) We need some obstacles to hide behind. Even a mini boss like Trulle in tdm would do. As it is right now, it is just spamming skills till your enemy dies, especially with rogues.

From the overall design and method of dueling, it feels like barely any thought has been put into this map. The spawn area for the planar arena has been used as the map, and there are several fatal shortcomings in this arena. For the sake of equality and a true test of skill (or ping, whichever readers prefer), I would also like to suggest that every player be given the same gear (class respective) when they duel. If this is to be implemented, there should continue to be to banners or achievement points of any reward other than a few numbers on the character avatar screen.

PS: Feel free to add to the list if you have any other issues with the arena.

Edit (1): Get rid of the 3-4 seconds after you or your opponent dies. All rogues use it for is to strategically place packs where the opponent will spawn. Alternatively, randomize spawn locations so the pack stack isn't as effective.

Edit (2):
    1) Get rid of team chat in duel arena. Its pointless and just wastes our time by making us type /a.

2) If you receive a duel invitation, make the player duel in the gear which he had equipped when he received the invitation. Make it such that players can't equip weak gear for the purpose of getting duel invitations and then showing up in maxed out gear.
    *Note - (2) is in case my original suggestion of giving everyone equal gear is not implemented.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 10-12-2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Added issue

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yeah rouge will always win beacuse their pack still remain there....and no gap level for duel....sts should make zone level for that
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

The damage nerf not being applied is ridiculous, it just seems like anyone will get shot by a crit rogue even with full armor and nek shield buff.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    The damage nerf not being applied is ridiculous, it just seems like anyone will get shot by a crit rogue even with full armor and nek shield buff.
    IKR! So far all my rogue vs with players of my gear level have been like this
    1) Close eyes
    2) Tap nekro AA
    3) Spam skills and pray for crit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree with all of these suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    1) Close eyes
    2) Tap nekro AA
    And still, many of those rog players still want more crits on their items or add additional crits to the jewels.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    And still, many of those rog players still want more crits on their items or add additional crits to the jewels.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    All class can reach a descent amount of crit rate. I saw Mages with 50% crit while sacrificing some damage. Of course a rogue can have more if crit will be focused by sacrificing damage as well. Rogue have 10 - 15%(Full Level) more crit because of dex while mages have unlimited mana pool because of int and warrior have 2-3x HP because of str. Gear wise all class should have equal crit bonus, dodge, primary and secondary stats. Why? Because we have primary stats that makes the classes unique, are you suggesting that because rogue have 10-15% more crit than other class because of dex as primary attr means that they should have lesser crit in their set than any class? It's like removing crit as a primary attribute of rogue and like removing infinite mana of mages. Do you like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Soon we will see a character with 10k kills and 0 death.

Garria

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

1) Close eyes
    2) Tap nekro AA
    1.) Used all classes and need my eyes to tap. In my PC it is possible though except warrior class. All of the class is the same except warrior though it is not that hard to spam 4 keys in the keyboard as if almost all skills are auto target.
    2) All class will tap in Nekro if they have.
    3) All classes spam skills and pray for crit.
    Bottom line is. It is easy to spam skills except for warrior because of range. They need to get close before they hit while mage and rogue will always hit and just spam offensive skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    1.) Used all classes and need my eyes to tap. In my PC it is possible though except warrior class. All of the class is the same except warrior though it is not that hard to spam 4 keys in the keyboard as if almost all skills are auto target.
    2) All class will tap in
    Nekro if they have.

Bottom line is. It is easy to spam skills except for warrior because of range. They need to get close before they hit while mage and rogue will always hit and just spam offensive skills.
    lol #3 thats me (suxs and hurts)poor warr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Unhappy

lol num 3 thats me #poorandsadwarrior tryin to get hits in duels

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Aside from the obvious shortcomings of gear difference and class imbalance that affects (determines really) a 1 vs 1 match, there are some serious issues with the 1 vs 1 arena. These are enumerated below-]

1) Players of any level can duel each other. A solution would be to apply the same level restrictions as ctf and tdm to duels
    2) Rogue packs and planar pendant procs of all classes remain in the map even after the duel is over.
    3) There is no countdown before the match starts after the players spawn. There should be a 3 second countdown, or ideally the game starts 3 seconds after both players charge their first skills
    4) The 10% damage nerf to rogues has not been applied to the map
    5) We need some obstacles to hide behind. Even a mini boss like Trulle in tdm would do. As it is right now, it is just spamming skills till your enemy dies, especially with rogues.

From the overall design and method of dueling, it feels like barely any thought has been put into this map. The spawn area for the planar arena has been used as the map, and there are several fatal shortcomings in this arena. For the sake of equality and a true test of skill (or ping, whichever readers prefer), I would also like to suggest that every player be given the same gear (class respective) when they duel. If this is to be implemented, there should continue to be to banners or achievement points of any reward other than a few numbers on the character avatar screen.

PS: Feel free to add to the list if you have any other issues with the arena.

Edit (1): Get rid of the 3-4 seconds after you or your opponent dies. All rogues use it for is to strategically place packs where the opponent will spawn. Alternatively, randomize spawn locations so the pack stack isn't as effective.

Edit (2):
    1) Get rid of team chat in duel arena. Its pointless and just wastes our time by making us type /a.

2) If you receive a duel invitation, make the player duel in the gear which he had equipped when he received the invitation. Make it such that players can't equip weak gear for the purpose of getting duel invitations and then showing up in maxed out gear.
    *Note - (2) is in case my original suggestion of giving everyone equal gear is not implemented.
    did a test with my lvl 17 rogue vs a friends lvl 46, he crit me for 19,700 lmaoo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Lol they released what every1 wanted and now you all gonna complain? If you don't like it don't play the new duels!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to diimitrii For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    Lol they released what every1 wanted and now you all gonna complain? If you don't like it don't play the new duels!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk
    If it has been released, IMO it should be done properly. Shoddy work like this just raises our hopes only to crush them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

This wasn't meant to be taken literally. But if I wanted to I am sure I could figure out how long I had to wait before starting to spam skills, assuming both players were walking in the same direction. Once I do that I would not need my eyes to vs other rogues, just fast fingers or typing speed.