Thread: Relic Weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Relic Weapons

This is by no means my idea and taken from a mmo but i would love to see this implemented.

Basicaly a relic weapon is ment to be the ultimate weapon in its class you start off with a weapon that is say lvl 1 and has a speed of 99.9 with no stats what ever, this you have to farm for and should be untradable. Once you get tour weapon you take it to a npc in the town and trade it to him he will give you some gumph about how it is a weapon from ancient times and used to be umbelivably powerful but the energy has faded. Now he says that he can fix the weapon but he will need some things to reapair it.

example of how this works

crossbow of dispair
    lvl 1 speed 99.9
    You trade 1 low lvl pink crossbow+crossbow of dispair plus 1 million gold and have to wait 1 day
    you get back
    Dispair Bringer
    lvl 10 req 20 dex speed 20.9
    You trade Despair Bringer + 1 low lvl pink auto crossbow plus 3 million gold and have to wait 3 days
    you get back
    Harbinger of Dispair
    lvl20 req 40 dex speed 2.0 5 dex, 3h/s, 3/ms, 3% crit, 5% Dodge
    You trade Harbinger of Dispair+1 Swamp pink bow plus 10 million gold and have to wait one weekyou get back
    Gandiva (This should have a completely dif skin to anything in the game you worked hard for it you want ppl to see you have it)
    LvL 35 112 dex speed 0.5 10 dex, 6 h/s, 6m/s 10% crit, 5% dodge attacks will occ cause Nature strke (this is a combo if you didnt already know)

The idea is you have to work for these weapons and they would need to be scaled up with expansions the ones in the game I used to play I never managed to get the final upgrade but was close to it and it took me 2 years to get to that. I dont expect this to take aslong but would like to see a weapon that I have to work for and is extreamly rare in game these should be untradable aswell.
    ProudLEGENDSmember
    Bodhii Enchantress LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiia Archer LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiib Warrior LVL 35 Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

So kinda a quest type of thing? That's what I am seeing in it, but a little different. Obviously if the gold amount was that much thelonearcher would be the only to get it to despair bringer, lol. This idea, in a way, has been suggested already. I like your way though, but in the end can you trade the weapon? Can you sell it to the the "fixer" for gold? As the level cap raises will the item be raised and can be tweaked to go to the higher level? How hard are these items to get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"lvl 1 speed 99.9"
    What.
    Proud Legends member!
    Level 30 chicken "Chronical"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

these weapons r ment to be realy hard to get so you have to work for them the only weapon that is ment to be anygood is the last upgrade and personaly i wouldnt have them tradable and who would want to sell a weapon that took 14mil and months to get.
    ProudLEGENDSmember
    Bodhii Enchantress LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiia Archer LVL 35 Alterra
    Bodhiib Warrior LVL 35 Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That... is a pretty interesting idea. More questy-ish, I like it!

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're paying gold to get it, people will purchase gold through iTunes. Everyone that worked hard in game by farming gold will feel it is less of an accomplishment to own this weapon. Not saying this is a bad idea, but I think the bow should be 'ranked up' a different way.