Thread: The problem with golden pets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default The problem with golden pets

I have to say I'm a little dissapointed when I saw the new golden pet that will be a leader board prize for the halloween event. If you haven't checked the stable, take a look at "golden slobber" and you will see what I mean. When golden toor was first put out into the game, I thought it was ok because it looked liked a vanity pet that people might want to pay for (it actually looked gold). Next came gold tyrannica and again, I felt ok because the gold version actually looked shiny and kinda gold and might be worth paying for. Then came stampy and thats when things started getting bad. There is nothing "gold" about gold stampy, in my eyes its not an attractive pet at all. Now, golded slobber is released and the only difference is a hat and a slight recolor. If I asked someone who didn't know already which one was the golden slobber, they wouldn't be able to tell me. I feel like this whole "golden pet" trend has to stop for various reasons. The pets have no difference in stats and AA, making them no different then the normal version other then a color. I can only imagine what a pet collector must feel everytime sts releases a new golden pet. Lets be honest, I could argue that a tankton is a golded guapo, a nekro is a golden singe, a malison is a golden cinder. Pets are just getting recolored and called "golden" as opposed to the good ol' days where pets ould get recolored an get their own stats. I would much rather have that pet have its own unique stats and skills, instead of a flashy title. Unless there's another reward worth running for, I can't imagine why people would want to run the lb for a golden legendary pet that doesn't even look golden. I feel that sts should either make these pets more "golden" so people can actually tell they're goldenand might want them for a vanity, or sts should stop these golden pets all together.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woundedwarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I thought golden pets will always have that gold sparkly effect, sucks slobber and stampy missed it.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Agreed, highly annoying and it wastes everybody's time.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I agree with the part "Make the golden pets more golden" but I don't think they should "stop the golde pet altogether".
    Golden pets are actually preferable than the "LB pets only". If you remember theres only 3 people who have Nightshade before, since nightshade isn't arcane it was sort of ok.
    But comes Shady and Surge, it was flooded with lots of threads about it in forum (rants, nerfs, buffs, etc. etc.). It all boils down to the reason that it was limited and was the best pet at that time. Whats the point of playing an RPG if you got no way of obtaining the best item/pet? The golden pet system corrects this. Everyone have a chance for the best pet, and those who want it to be special can obtain the golden version from LB. If we go back to the same "unique stat" or "unique ability" then its the arcane SnS madness all-over-again.

>Yes to make the golden version more golden
    >No to unique (stat or AA) and limited LB-only pets

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    I agree with the part "Make the golden pets more golden" but I don't think they should "stop the golde pet altogether".
    Golden pets are actually preferable than the "LB pets only". If you remember theres only 3 people who have Nightshade before, since nightshade isn't arcane it was sort of ok.
    But comes Shady and Surge, it was flooded with lots of threads about it in forum (rants, nerfs, buffs, etc. etc.). It all boils down to the reason that it was limited and was the best pet at that time. Whats the point of playing an RPG if you got no way of obtaining the best item/pet? The golden pet system corrects this. Everyone have a chance for the best pet, and those who want it to be special can obtain the golden version from LB. If we go back to the same "unique stat" or "unique ability" then its the arcane SnS madness all-over-again.

>Yes to make the golden version more golden
    >No to unique (stat or AA) and limited LB-only pets
    I would honestly like to see sts go back to vanity helms and armors instead as lb prizes. Vanity armors you can sell and actually use them in combat without effecting your performance. Golden pets, specifically pets like golden slobber, can't be resold after being opened and would slow down pve runs and would serve no purpose in pvp (unless the AA is insanely good, but slobber would have the same AA). In other words, golden pets have no value aside from being a "show off" in towns.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedwarrior View Post
    I would honestly like to see sts go back to vanity helms and armors instead as lb prizes. Vanity armors you can sell and actually use them in combat without effecting your performance. Golden pets, specifically pets like golden slobber, can't be resold after being opened and would slow down pve runs and would serve no purpose in pvp (unless the AA is insanely good, but slobber would have the same AA). In other words, golden pets have no value aside from being a "show off" in towns.
    Its been solved.
    The prize for LB now are Gold pet, a vanity, a noble chaos and some refunds on ankhs and plats.