Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to the never-ending influx of Para Gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Solution to the never-ending influx of Para Gems.

I'm sure there are still several para gems out there with players waiting until no one else has para gems so they can put them in their gear, some who are waiting to (illegally) merch them, or others that are sitting on dormant accounts only to be reintroduced when the player comes back (could be a year from now). I'm beginning to doubt the possibility that para gems are going to be obsolete anytime soon.

I want to put forth a solution that many of these people would not like, but would be best for the future balance of the game. It seems as though the only way to prevent these gems from further offsetting the future gear standings would be to take them away altogether. Of course I don't mean to confiscate them all willy-nilly, that's just silly. Give players a certain amount of time to spend it or forget it. An ultimatum for the greater good.

Meanwhile, I believe we can all agree that Chaos jewels need a slight buff. And don't even get me started on Lighting jewels (ee-gad).

I realize this suggestion may get negative feedback from such players, but please keep it civil. I'll be sure and leave out a box of Kleenex and an extra nappy for those of you who will cry and say this is unfair and that i'm "stupid".

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Zylx; 10-16-2015 at 10:25 AM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I like the idea +1

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuorsyra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Those cryers are just the 'rich' players with alts stocked up with para's hehe but i don't blame them,if i knew more about the game back then i would have farmed more para's than 1 aswell. But i like it!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

+1

Sts said they want gems to fade out but lets be honest. That wont happen at endgame as people have paras hoarded.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

+1
    Here's my thought on it replace all the para gems with Noble chaos jewels? Just my suggestion

Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kydrian View Post
    +1
    Here's my thought on it replace all the para gems with Noble chaos jewels? Just my suggestion

Y
    That's a Good Idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Thank you!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kydrian View Post
    +1

Y
    Thats actually not bad

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

So if some1 farm hard for them when the others just afk at town why lose his/her para?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greekAL View Post
    So if some1 farm hard for them when the others just afk at town why lose his/her para?
    I'm 100% sure STS never intended for these gems to still be apparent this long. They're trying to dilute the para supply with everything they release, yet we'll never be able to move forward when people have hoarded them. Not only that, but people are illegally trading them, which leads to scamming. Overall, the existing para gems will only prove to be a bigger headache in the progression of gear balancing.

The remaining paras need to disappear so we can finally move on. And the only way to get rid of them would be to either take them away forcing players to socket them, or replace them with chaos jewels. The only ones who oppose the idea are those that have them hoarded - those that like to control the economy.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

So also replace eyes/reinforced/old gems? U cant get rid of ppls hard work to farm them! How would u feel if u open sns egg and sts replace it with hj?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

So also replace eyes/reinforced/old gems? U cant get rid of ppls hard work to farm them! How would u feel if u open sns egg and sts replace it with hj?
    Eyes should eventually go as well, and the regular gems an reinforced gems are already closely replaced with jewels. SnS is different because it's still available and people aren't hoarding them to socket in new gears to give them advantage over everyone else for more than a year.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

U cant ask for nerf or replace something cause just u dont hv thts my opinion i was afk at last halloween and i lost kalizza contest but i dont want ppl lose their special vanity or their paras cause they work for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

U cant ask for nerf or replace something cause just u dont hv thts my opinion i was afk at last halloween and i lost kalizza contest but i dont want ppl lose their special vanity or their paras cause they work for it!
    I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. So are you saying it's fair for the newer players to never be able to obtain such a game-changing item and never be able to catch up? Think about the magnitude these gems have over the economy. . Players would still be able to use these gems, but hoarding them for this long is just abusing them.

And vanities don't affect gameplay
    Last edited by Zylx; 10-17-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Arcane Legends Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I don't think you understand what I'm talking about. So are you saying it's fair for the newer players to never be able to obtain such a game-changing item and never be able to catch up? Think about the magnitude these gems have over the economy. . Players would still be able to use these gems, but hoarding them for this long is just abusing them.

And vanities don't affect gameplay
    Although this is a good idea but im against of forcing someone to use up their assests for all the hard up and effort they put in to get them in the first place. Its none of their fault for what Sts is doing, the real one to blame is Sts not them.
    Your just trying to punishing them for what Sts.
    Just for the record no i dont have a single para gem, However i did farm one and in that time the struggle you had to go through to get it. Sadly I was a bit new and I lost my para gem because i didnt know back then that when you upgrade the mythic Uller helm you lose the gems socketed. After that i never saw it back again..

I know how OP that gem is and how it can be a game changer. Even Though its not our fault that people didnt farm for it back then or weren't there.

The main reason Para gem is seen around is because outdated mythics and arcanes are still used which were socketed with para gems long ago. Everybodys using Old Level Items. So if Sts can introduce actually good items for Level 46 Cap then these outdated stuff will be seen less. The numbers of para right now is less, it only seems to be seen around is because the old items are still being used. If new items become worth using then these old items would be used less and resulting in less para's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Vanities don't affect your gameplay. Para gems do.
    What if stg suddenly discontinued the new glinstone mythic bows and guns in the 2nd day of releasing it?? The best weapon would be no longer lootable and your only option would be either buy from the people who looted them on the first day or just play with your old mythics against them.
    Would it be fair? Naah.
    Best items should always be farmable.
    And currently the best gem in the game is para.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    What if stg suddenly discontinued the new glinstone mythic bows and guns in the 2nd day of releasing it?? The best weapon would be no longer lootable and your only option would be either buy from the people who looted them on the first day or just play with your old mythics against them.
    Would it be fair? Naah.
    The best gear has never been farmable in this game except nekro, imbued and planar amulet. And that is only recently. Before you had to open locked or buy in auction the best gear. The second best gear used to drop in elites.

Mythic weapons have always come from locked crates during events. They are only available during an event and once event is finished you have to buy it from auction. Not sure what best gear you think is always farmable but it's never been this way except event gear for twinks.

The para gems will run out especially if they release a few more mythic weapons this season. Eventually para gear will only be for twinks.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Would it be fair? Naah.
    The best item should be hard to obtained, Heck thats why its called the best item.
    Also why wouldn't that be fair?
    The mythic weapons would still be available however it is your own fault that you cant afford it. Example like your buying the best car and its limited but you rant about being expensive just because you, yourself cant afford it.
    Just because you cant struggle enough or afford to get something it doesn't mean its unfair.

People only tend to think about themselves, ever imagined what heights people have gone to get that thing but their so lazy and want to see it cheap or back again. This is the biggest problem in this game.
    Last edited by Transfordark; 10-17-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    The best item should be hard to obtained, Heck thats why its called the best item.
    Also why wouldn't that be fair?
    The mythic weapons would still be available however it is your own fault that you cant afford it. Example like your buying the best car and its limited but you rant about being expensive just because you, yourself cant afford it.
    Just because you cant struggle or afford to get something it doesn't mean its unfair.

People only tend to think about themselves, ever imagined what heights people have gone to get that thing but their so lazy and want to see it cheap or back again. This is the biggest problem in this game.
    Hard to obtain. I agree. But there is no way to obtain para gems. They are discontinued. so try again.
    People are not lazy. Read again! No one asked for free para gems. All are ready to farm their *** to get para gems.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hard to obtain. I agree. But there is no way to obtain para gems. They are discontinued. so try again.
    People are not lazy. Read again! No one asked for free para gems. All are ready to farm their *** to get para gems.
    I was talking about your example there. For Para gems yes i agree they should be brought back however not easily obtainable but difficult. Hell not from Locks but then again Sts would choose this if they decide to bring it back, Just to make more money out of it like SnS.
    I say either update the jewel system or bring back Para. If they decide to bring it back then it should never be discontinued again.
    I opt for a recipe to craft Para's which would be obtained from I dunno where. Now to craft Para you will need a noble chaos jewel and somebody else dunno.

My Idea is just that Para should be brought back but with in a hard way to obtain. If Para is gonna brought back then it should be available forever so that in the near future people dont complain again.