Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Buying A Mythic Weapon? Look here to decide!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

^^^^terrible, disappointed, disgusted, mad, deflated. Can't think of anymore right now.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Sorry, but -30 dmg compared to what? Maybe you should put raw stats instead of a comparison, because when I looked at them in auction, all mythic guns gave me a decent dmg buff. (I use jord of brut. no gems)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imsofancy View Post
    Sorry, but -30 dmg compared to what? Maybe you should put raw stats instead of a comparison, because when I looked at them in auction, all mythic guns gave me a decent dmg buff. (I use jord of brut. no gems)
    He compares them to other versions of the weapons. Not a specific item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signature credits to Bellaelda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shackler View Post
    He compares them to other versions of the weapons. Not a specific item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ooooooooooh I see.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    Maybe you could add stun or taunt lock when the shield explodes, I dont normally play tank but if they could aggro more in party runs while mages and rogues dish out dmg, they would be extremely more useful. just my 22 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thanks guys!
    Cara,

Thanks for the reply on this. Us warriors are freaking out because, prior to the 46 mythics, we were already having a hard time surviving. Rogues would easily break our jug, which never used to happen in season 7. Now it will be even more difficult to survive because the other 2 classes received much better weapons, while warriors have fallen further behind.

I believe the complaints that you've been hearing are with regards to tanking, and not damage output. We understand that a sword and shield is a tanking weapon but it's inferior at tanking so it doesn't make any sense.

It's agreed I think that the Aegis of Grit is the best tanking weapon so let's compare that to my perfect blood 41bulwark. My 46 Grit has a superb and 2 excellent fury gems (+6 +6 & +7.

The Elondrian bulwark has only 36 less HP and only 17 less Armor (keep in mind one of my jewels now is +7 and not +6 so it's going to be a little less). I spent so far 5m to jewel it up and you tell me if 5m is worth 36 hp and 17 armor? Meanwhile, I ask you to consider how much harder the other classes will be hitting me. It's certainly way more than 36 hp and 17 armor worth.

Edit: also keep in mind the elondrian weapon HEALS you and your team when it procs. Armor doesn't help your team if they're almost dead. That spirit proc has saved many many lives.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pompous For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Hey zeus, long time no see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

We shouldn't have to depend on a proc to maybe survive....

Rogues proc is just an extra bonus on top...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thx Zeus for clearing that up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thanks guys!
    Can we get that stack buff taking damage instead of us hitting them , since we are tank taking massive amount of damage.

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Good thread man!

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hey Time, long Zeus no see.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks guys!
    Mythic Frost Bulwark and Bonesaw also give armor bonus and i think thats even more than this new one. Bonesaw buffs the player and Frost Bulwark deals offensive damage.
    Now what is this? 250 Armor for a mere seconds and then it explodes and would deal 500 dmg only right? And then taunt. Pretty much useless.
    Armor doesnt help since anything with the highest armor will still die with ONE SHOT in this game.
    And taunt? Really? You give other classes rooting and stunning procs.
    Why not add a stun with it to when the shield explodes and then taunt.

In PVP I dont see any use of this weapon. +250 Armor wont protect you from ONE SHOT Kill from Rogues and that AoE wont do much damage either which is 500 Dmg i think or even low. And taunt? Nothing.

Every other class gets an increase in their Skill Damage and what do we get?
    Decrease in Skill Damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Lol...just have new sword n shield give 500more hp and 200 more armour, and have clock taunt proc stacks up and heal when Shields explode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Thanks guys!
    You see,the problem with the tanking weapon is that it is a tanking weapon.And nobody needs tanks.Now,to finish a dungeon quick,you need rogues,because rogues have medium armor,high damage, dps and crit.That makes them mini-tanks.That is why rogues outnumber other classes 2-1.
    Another problem with this weapon is its stats.It is level 46,but it has its stats a liiiittle better than a 41 bulwark.

So please consider buffing this weapon ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just a thought, but it seems that this is a PvE weapon mostly and not a PvP weapon. I know many warriors, especially Maarkus, have been complaining for a long time that warriors are not viable in elite runs anymore because they cannot hold aggro. It seems that this taunt proc is to address those concerns. Perhaps Maarkus is out there and can comment on this??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just a thought, but it seems that this is a PvE weapon mostly and not a PvP weapon. I know many warriors, especially Maarkus, have been complaining for a long time that warriors are not viable in elite runs anymore because they cannot hold aggro. It seems that this taunt proc is to address those concerns. Perhaps Maarkus is out there and can comment on this??
    Hi Ener,

Based on my experience the Taunt system is sombroken that no matter how much a Warrior taunts it is immediately overitten by the DPS classes when they crit or release a damage ouput greater that the warrior (which is the case all the time) meaning we may be taunting but this is less than a second or two in the end we cannot hold aggro. If STS aplies a 'hold' period for 3-4sec per taunt then maybe we can hold aggro and that a bit complicated to code in i think ... I may be wrong.

Idealy when the war myth procs and taunts if it can stun as well that will help assuming that the threat meter of the mob will start after the stun period then that means the proc will actually help the war maintain aggro for 2-3secs atleast giving the dps class free reign to deal their damage.

This is just a suggestion and i may be wrong.

I still see the main issue of warriors being alientated in the pve runs as:
    1. Why taunt when other classes can kill the mobs much faster thus 3rogue and mage parties are currently the best combi
    2. It is inevitable to get one hit in the runs so maximise the damage output to lessen the chances of mobs to release thier special attacks
    3. The game has reached a point where offense is the best defense thus the warrior class being a defensive class is left behind.

Thanks for reading and if it doesnt make sense apologies and pls ignore.

Thanks

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Buying A Mythic Weapon? Look here to decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Hi Ener,

Based on my experience the Taunt system is sombroken that no matter how much a Warrior taunts it is immediately overitten by the DPS classes when they crit or release a damage ouput greater that the warrior (which is the case all the time) meaning we may be taunting but this is less than a second or two in the end we cannot hold aggro. If STS aplies a 'hold' period for 3-4sec per taunt then maybe we can hold aggro and that a bit complicated to code in i think ... I may be wrong.

Idealy when the war myth procs and taunts if it can stun as well that will help assuming that the threat meter of the mob will start after the stun period then that means the proc will actually help the war maintain aggro for 2-3secs atleast giving the dps class free reign to deal their damage.

This is just a suggestion and i may be wrong.

I still see the main issue of warriors being alientated in the pve runs as:
    1. Why taunt when other classes can kill the mobs much faster thus 3rogue and mage parties are currently the best combi
    2. It is inevitable to get one hit in the runs so maximise the damage output to lessen the chances of mobs to release thier special attacks
    3. The game has reached a point where offense is the best defense thus the warrior class being a defensive class is left behind.

Thanks for reading and if it doesnt make sense apologies and pls ignore.

Thanks
    this is also my observation. for the reasons above, in my opinion tank buffs need to make the party faster and reduce the one hit risk.
    at earlier seasons with high mob density, lower dps class armor and crit, pve class balance worked very well. now we have rouges and mages critting like crazy with a dmg amount no taunt can compete.
    but class balance can t be resolved with one weapon, a deeper look at the skills is needed.
    now to the aegis: it desperately needs a buff, it just feels like a minor upgrade as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

After reading some information, the new mythic weapons for warrior are PvE based to hold aggro. After the proc explodes, the enemies all taunt to the tank. I believe people are upset because us warriors get a sword and shield weapon even though we die really fast with/without one.