Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Major respawn issues

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default Major respawn issues

Ok so I posted a thread about this issue and stated it was minor and confined to just map enemies, now it has become apparent that this issue is much more widespread than I initially thought. You can check out my first post HERE.

So now not only do enemies not respawn in FH 1-4 and Wyldwood (probably any other map that has an infinite amount of enemies and no remining counter), but bosses that have respawning items to preserve themselves (Gold Fever, Cockroach, Goblin King). These items also don't respawn making them quite a bit harder. Initially I thought it would be awesome that they couldn't replenish their health, but it seems that even though these items are not visible they're still in play.

GF still can cause fever, and has his green rings. This seems to make him a bit more resilient to attacks:

GK still stands in his regen stance surrounded by green aura, and gains his health even though the totem isn't available for attack:

I have yet to see Cockroach just gain life without the cans, but I'm not sure that if he isn't killing in a timely fashion that he may just rage out and fully gain his health like GK.

This could also be the reason that firetraps are not working too (though I like that one), I don't know the inner workings of the game but firetraps could just be respawned bursts of AoE damage in a certain areas. There are not traps that are visible at the start of any map, but it's possible they all go off at once during start up and without respawn they cannot go off again.

I hope that this is just a small issue that can be fixed server side, and not require an update to be sent to Apple. If anyone else has confirmed pics of Cockroach gaining health after the cans have been destroyed please post them, it's the only one that I couldn't actually confirm.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-20-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

yep - I agree.

FH4 not re-spawning... testing others...
    Balefort Castle - Hidden Passage 4... Cleared map with no respawns, until on the way back to the start Zyla Doom and 2 green trolls (Green Beasts I think) spawned about a 1/4 of the way from the start.... but no further respawns despite walking the empty map twice again.
    FH1... zombies and chests failing to respawn.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 05-20-2011 at 05:15 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No, it's not just you. Group I was with last night did Goldfever. As you said, no chest respawn, but his health orbs appeared regularly and it took us forever to finally finish him off. Cockroach was similar--no can respawn.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Balefort Castle - Hidden Passage 4... Cleared map with no respawns, until on the way back to the start Zyla Doom and 2 green trolls (Green Beasts I think) spawned about a 1/4 of the way from the start.... but no further respawns despite walking the empty map twice again.
    Thank you for the information, I also tested it and as I did see what you saw I'm not sure I would refer to this as a "re"spawn since Zyla Doom and the trolls were not there the first time I entered that hall. It is a just a spawn (I know it's just slight wordplay), but I don't know if the mechanics that allow this are in any way related to respawns. It's possible that after Zyla is killed she spawns there (I'm not familiar enough with the dungeon to know if that is true or not). So while this is progress, I'm not sure the two are related.

First pass:

Return pass:

Last edited by Gluttony; 05-20-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

have sent the url for this thread to STS via email... hoping they'll get in sorted quick.....

And yep, again, I agree with you. Not technically a re-spawn. I think this second spawn of Zyla Doom is a new instance as it doesn't happen again after re-walking the level...

There's clearly something wrong with the in game mechanics though
    Last edited by Redbridge; 05-20-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,896 Posts

The respawning issues should be fixed with today's upcoming update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just left a game of Shadow Caves 3 where the boss did not spawn. It said 4 enemies left, but we walked the whole map several times and there was nothing but 3 barrels in the boss room that kept respawning.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raulur View Post
    Just left a game of Shadow Caves 3 where the boss did not spawn. It said 4 enemies left, but we walked the whole map several times and there was nothing but 3 barrels in the boss room that kept respawning.
    The same happend to me as well..
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"