Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warrior - Mythic weapon armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25
    this is a big point. especially with a weapon with very limited range where you get a lot more hits than you deliver. is this confirmed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Tank has to strike an opponent/object for a single armor buff of 25. Each armor buff lasts 15 seconds. The auto attack hits a maximum of 3 opponents/objects. So you pretty much have 15 seconds to have 10 armor stacks before stack one goes away. In pvp, this can be hard to do since everyone is constantly running, spread out, weapon has small attack range and rogues are constantly dodging. Most likely the stacks start decrementing by this time. In addition to the suggestions above, increase the range of the tapped auto attack.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Imo, its baffling that STS went down the 46 Bulwark route. Keep 2 of the Glintstone shields, remove the other 2 and add 2 'Glintstone Glaive of Tactics/Will' - a 46 version of the bonesaw, 1 cheaper than the other, we really don't need 4 shields, one of them even has less armor than the Elondrian bulwark ffs! If the goal was for everyone to be able to afford them, they pretty much can, no need for 4 of the damn things.

PVE wise Tanks just aren't needed anymore, let us play a Warrior damage based class and move away from tanking, or at least give us another option. Maybe something like sacrificing armor and health for damage and dps so we aren't op. I feel like mages have moved away from the once 'just a support class' and rogues are rogues, yet warriors have stagnated and are still using skills and a system which just has no place in the game anymore. All the mmo's where tanks are successful, there exists no pot spam or ankhs. If the 'tank' dies, the group dies. No instant respawns, maybe 1 health potion per fight, not this spamming of pots we see in AL. Nekro killed our shield, a nicely timed Horn shield was a welcome asset once upon a time, now, and rightly so, rogues would rather ditch the tanks for a few nekro's, they get the shield, pot spam takes care of the hp and the run is a hell of a lot faster.

Surely STS you can see the amount of threads on this? Surely you can't actually think the game is balanced? It's all very well ignoring us and people can joke about 'Rogue Legends' but is that really what people want? It sure is heading that way.
    Last edited by Arkiouj; 10-25-2015 at 10:57 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arkiouj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

3 maxed rogues party still the fastest yes, i cant deny that.
    But now, Aegis tank > Average geared rogue/mage, so there is a space to tank to be invited inside..
    Not all dps class no matter what.
    Tank still cant kill boss yes, thats true, but wasnt it tank, who do the job keeping the entire party alive ? (Planar tombs lv3 as example). For pvp i cant make any comment because what i belive is warrior class asking for pve buff so badly .sts have given warrior class such a "wow" weapon but still alot of complain . On duel i already made my post long time ago, at duel all benefit will goes to rogue...so yeah in equally geared, tanks have a very low chance wining vs rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

It is like 50% of the people commenting in this thread have neither tried out the weapon themselves, nor have they actually ran any map with someone who has it (and wasn't afk during 90% of the run). The problem is that when someone asks for a change based on information which just hearsay and not based on facts, there is no grounds to actually expect a change.

This being said I do agree that making a class useful solely via an item is not really a solution to the problems. This weapon's proc should have been made a warrior's skill lol. Because now we have the situation where all warriors who have the new weapon are useful/ efficient in PvE, whereas all the others are just not. It is not really about affordability, as the weapon (its lower damage version) is already 700k, which one can farm in a week of doing km3 1 hour a day. It is about not having choices and being pigeon-holed into using a single item in order to be useful, whilst there are many choices, which sadly are no real choices at all.

P.S. I cannot comment how useful this weapon is in PvP. I could imagine how it is not that good. However in PvE it is extremely good.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 10-26-2015 at 03:30 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    It is like 50% of the people commenting in this thread have neither tried out the weapon themselves, nor have they actually ran any map with someone who has it (and wasn't afk during 90% of the run). The problem is that when someone asks for a change based on information which just hearsay and not based on facts, there is no grounds to actually expect a change.

This being said I do agree that making a class useful solely via an item is not really a solution to the problems. This weapon's proc should have been made a warrior's skill lol. Because now we have the situation where all warriors who have the new weapon are useful/ efficient in PvE, whereas all the others are just not. It is not really about affordability, as the weapon (its lower damage version) is already 700k, which one can farm in a week of doing km3 1 hour a day. It is about not having choices and being pigeon-holed into using a single item in order to be useful, whilst there are many choices, which sadly are no real choices at all.

P.S. I cannot comment how useful this weapon is in PvP. I could imagine how it is not that good. However in PvE it is extremely good.
    I agree this weapon is great for PVE. But why are we warriors pigeoned held to just play pve now? It use to be we were useless in PVE and can only play pvp. Now we are somewhat useful in PVE cuz of the great proc but the base stats are bad enough where we can't PVP. Why is it that rogues and mages have a versatile weapon that can pvp and pve with. All I ask is to increase the base stats of the new warrior mythic weapon beyond that of the old 41 bulwark by increasing the HP and armor. So that it can be semi-competitive in PVP as well. Increasing the base stats I mentioned won't hurt anything but instead will help balance PVP on top of the great pve proc.

And yes I do have this new mythic weapon and have tested it extensively. I still stand by the fact that this weapon is not good at bosses. Great for mobs. And yes we warriors are more desired now in Rengol maps because of this trend to farm orc fangs by just defeating mobs and skipping bosses.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 10-26-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So I've been playing since March. I started out with a couple of legendary weapons and then got lucky and got a mythic glaive. I just got lucky again and got the new 46 mythic sword, my first impressions is that I love it.

There are a few problems:

1. I go through pots at a much faster rate. This isn't a huge problem but the weapon proc means I'm getting hit, the aggro draws them in. It's awesome for the party and I like leveling mobs but if they're all going to come after me. Solution: 1. I spam pots. 2. Damage reduction elixir.

2. I can solo through a mob heavy map, then I get to boss. This turns into a marathon evolution at the boss. Solution: 1. I could carry two weapons. 2. I use damage elixir. 3. I grind it out for an excessive amount of time.

3. I still get "one hit" when trying to avoid certain situations. Solution: 1. Kill all mobs. 2. Extend heal shield for a few seconds more.

I agree with taking a look at the warrior skills. I think the real solution lies within our abilities. Each class should have the other class thinking, "I wish I could do that." This is why we have classes, each one is special in their own way. I think there's some great ideas in the new sword but they may be better suited for a skill vice attaching it to a weapon.

I love to farm and think it's fun, it's what we do in end game. I'm getting fangs, runes, legions at a much faster rate, I'm looting items to make money to buy new gear or better jewels.

I think we all enjoy being known as OP, or Pro. I know many warriors who have that status. These people know how to strategically approach a map, work with character skill sets within a party, and are genuinely known as good people.

Tanks really have a choice to make: 1. Jewels out all gear with Fury. 2. Throw a couple of Chaos in gear for damage. For me this is a personal choice. This game is about choices, that's what makes it fun, in my opinion. If you don't like how your character plays, then make different choices.
    Last edited by Ucamaeben; 10-26-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Being a warrior is hard now days. It's even worse for players that don't have time to work on more than one toon.
    I mean we can stay alive it seems but being the only one alive doesn't help if you dont do lots of dmg and/or give good buffs to your team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

At first i was like it should have a 25 str buff to the warrior weap but after using it a bit ill have to agree that its a pretty darn good pve weap especially in the mob heavy elites (almost all) but i think it should have a chance for a aoe stun in it not talking op like maul but something to wet the finger tips and stun should work on boss too i think this would be a nice add on and its not so big