Thread: How about...coloured names????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How about...coloured names????

It has been a while since i figured out that neither pve/pvp kills nor APs have a real impact on game,just grant tittles that are rarely used ( warmonger,paragon,infamous ) . Briefly, inspired from other mmo games , i came up with the idea of coloured names.The idea is pretty simple:each category (pve,pvp,APs) will grant a specific colour. For example over 100k pve kills u will be able to turn ur name green and above 17k APs u will be able to turn it black or yellow etc.This is the mean idea so that players will have a motivation to start hunting achievements or testing their pvp and pve skills in a funny way...Another plus of this idea will be that AL will have complete players who both pve,pve and do achievements, not only exclusive pvp or pve players.This is an idea that i want to share with u guys and i know that probably has a lot of flaws but it could be a good basis for something good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Green and red colored names are already reserved for moderators/community managers and developers. Adding colored names for regular players may cause some confusion. Consider someone who poses as a moderator (with green name) who only has the intention of stealing another player's account information. See where this idea might go wrong?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I believe this has been adressed by Remiem in the past, saying that it is very hard to do without upgrading everyones accounts to Mod-accounts.

Not sure though, and it's late at night so I won't bother searching.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah darren u r right..as i stated this idea may has a lot of flaws...Or sts can drop their colored names and adopt a new way of being distinguished from the crowd such as names including symbols (e.g. #remiem#) but can be a good modification to give a new fruitful perspective to game...Nvm it's just an idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Owwww i see...I am kinda new in this game aprox 9 months so i don't know if this issue have previously taken into acount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

These things do matter in the sense that if you manage to land on the leaderboard you can earn a very unique banner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    I believe this has been adressed by Remiem in the past, saying that it is very hard to do without upgrading everyones accounts to Mod-accounts.

Not sure though, and it's late at night so I won't bother searching.
    You are right. Us ambassadors went through the same discussion with devs to help identify us better to the community. Basically they said we would have to start new accounts with the names colored. So the comprise was we had to wear our guild titles all the time and an exclusive vanity (which was also dismissed)

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    These things do matter in the sense that if you manage to land on the leaderboard you can earn a very unique banner.
    This is the best solution.
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 10-20-2015 at 06:32 PM.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fara View Post
    Owwww i see...I am kinda new in this game aprox 9 months so i don't know if this issue have previously taken into acount
    If you're new, what does that make me? Lol.
    Anyway, I'm not sure this would work as an incentive to work on achievements. Titles are pretty much the same. Aside from the guild requirements and a few titles to show off (Sentinel, Midas Touch, etc), there really is no reason to hunt ap's. The gold payouts are terribly meager too, and the occasional pet quite useless tbh (who uses Konga?)
    It would be nice to get something meaningful for hard achievements (imagine getting the last pvp ones? I bet people who got those would love to have a reward for them.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Well tbh I don't know if the titles I mentioned were associated with an achievement, they might have not been. I obviously wasn't there when they were available... But I believe my point is clear enough.