Thread: Shadow tips and secrets, with screenies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Shadow tips and secrets, with screenies

SECTION A): tips on valuable loot

Apparently there is still some confusion about new maps and sets. As others said in their posts, it's only fair that everyone shares the same knowledge so here we go.

Sorry for screenshot types, for some reason tapatalk isn't letting me uploading pics so i had to host on an image hosting site, just follow the links.

1) Helms and rare weapons: Me and some other mindless pvers have talked to Cinco since we immediately realized that something was wrong with the loot table. See the screenshots first:

url immagine

This is just a little extract of the convo. Basically, to resume everything,cinco had wanted it so that:

1) helms are the most rare drop, obtainable only through maps 3 to 5, from either shadows or bosses. Problem: the drop rate is bugged, as only khafra and mynas are dropping. We made him aware, i have no idea when and if it will be solved.

2) the better weapons and armors were supposed to drop only in maps 3 to 5. This seems to be true for elite str and int weapons, but i suppose there must be some mistake in the algorythm as maps 1 and 2 are still dropping some valuable items, especially dex type, which wasn't intended apparently.

The new items were also supposed to make full sets. Hopefully, if cinco can fix the drop rate, we will be able to make them.

As for the other screenshot about shadow essence: The essence costs 3 plat in guild hall. It spawns 2 shadow bosses in map 4 and 3 in map 5.The shadow bosses are completely random, with narel and the archer dropping the most. It is sufficient that only one member in party has essence active in order to activate the spawn.Their droprate is extremely low but they can drop valuable elites, int wands and str axes included.
    Notice: if you get a shadow essence, you can't use the 3x daily.This made some assume the daily thing was intended. Nobody knows.

Notice: the shamrock 100% reroll also appears not to work properly,at least with shadows. Me and others had it active but missed some rerolls.Probably some bug with the loot algorythm.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loganayr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

SECTION B) In progress

EDIT: being a noob at foruming i pasted on another post rather than editing here, sorry.

Last edited by Loganayr; 10-23-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Nice work!!!!
    Wrathfulbeast, Sentreb, Flistra, Aype, Beasttony, Fraxt, Imtony, Tonyisaboss, Blurt, Megahax, Vaype, Studtony, Falpra, Kisjsisjs, Supportmage, Wrathfulfire, Wrathfultony, Zyoof, Studzo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

SECTION B) Sets and general info

As for sets, apparently there is some confusion here too,but this is mainly a post for newer players as pvpers and oldies obviously have it right already.

Basically for newer players, the easiest way to get an idea of set types is to look at level 50 sets, since the new elites are basically a revamp of them. So as an example, if you look at dex and want to know what the new sunblessed bow goes with, just remember how the 50 sunblessed void set went with wraith armor. Supposedly than, if Cinco fixes helms, we should have a bonus (following this example) making a set with sunblessed bow, wraith armor and the appropriate helm.

Currently the new sets seem very pvp oriented, with loads of hp and dodge, but have generally lower base damage and way way lower crit rate, that, in addition to missing set bonus, makes the newer sets a bit slower in pve, where lust (dex especially) still rules. This isn't actually so dramatically evident in str and int items: if you compare the new keeper elite staff with lust staff, their damage output is very similar (but full lust set gives bonus too), but if you look at dex set, compared to the new elites, the missing damage is more evident. Of course if helms are fixed and bonus is decent, they may rule pve too.
    The attached screenshots are just an example about the test i made in pve on a standard low armor punching ball with lust set and new elites using a non armor breaking skill on a bird. As you notice there is a neat damage difference, especially if you consider it was made with no elix (the red one you see is the bugged mom bouquet one).

When it comes to mindless pve farmers like myself and others here, having a full lust party made us down overlord in under 30 seconds, especially thanks to the higher crit on our party's lust staff mages and birds.

Boss tips:

Not much to say here as they are all quite easy, but there is a couple bugs to report:
    1) tpax still ends up over the map when stomped or repulsed in some places. It happens really rarely and if you put him in corner it doesn't happen

2) gurgox sometimes kills you even if you take the orb at the right time. Remember that the right time is not when he starts enraging but right when the red aura gets a bit bigger. I believe that the orb kills happen due to server lag, and are very rare anyway.

3) i doubt that anyone ignores that overlord's mshield gets pierced by cruel blast. What's interesting though, if you have a no bird party, is that esb bombs kill the barrier too. I tried this purposedly esbing him, but bombs only about half the time did the trick.I believe it may be due to him dodging but im not too sure, if you try too let me know.

Note: more info incoming. If you know something pve related (lootwise especially) that may be of interest share it with the community please. I've pmed cinco again on forums too asking what are his plans with the loot algorythm, i'll post here if he replies.

Last edited by Loganayr; 10-23-2015 at 01:29 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loganayr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loganayr View Post
    SECTION A): tips on valuable loot

Apparently there is still some confusion about new maps and sets. As others said in their posts, it's only fair that everyone shares the same knowledge so here we go.

Sorry for screenshot types, for some reason tapatalk isn't letting me uploading pics so i had to host on an image hosting site, just follow the links.

1) Helms and rare weapons: Me and some other mindless pvers have talked to Cinco since we immediately realized that something was wrong with the loot table. See the screenshots first:

url immagine

This is just a little extract of the convo. Basically, to resume everything,cinco had wanted it so that:

1) helms are the most rare drop, obtainable only through maps 3 to 5, from either shadows or bosses. Problem: the drop rate is bugged, as only khafra and mynas are dropping. We made him aware, i have no idea when and if it will be solved.

2) the better weapons and armors were supposed to drop only in maps 3 to 5. This seems to be true for elite str and int weapons, but i suppose there must be some mistake in the algorythm as maps 1 and 2 are still dropping some valuable items, especially dex type, which wasn't intended apparently.

The new items were also supposed to make full sets. Hopefully, if cinco can fix the drop rate, we will be able to make them.

As for the other screenshot about shadow essence: The essence costs 3 plat in guild hall. It spawns 2 shadow bosses in map 4 and 3 in map 5.The shadow bosses are completely random, with narel and the archer dropping the most. It is sufficient that only one member in party has essence active in order to activate the spawn.Their droprate is extremely low but they can drop valuable elites, int wands and str axes included.
    Notice: if you get a shadow essence, you can't use the 3x daily.This made some assume the daily thing was intended. Nobody knows.

Notice: the shamrock 100% reroll also appears not to work properly,at least with shadows. Me and others had it active but missed some rerolls.Probably some bug with the loot algorythm.

Nice. Btw I love how you said "I hope you are right" when he's the one who created the content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah. There was a reason though, i had farmed overlord all night with no luck. When we had the convo i linked he still was not aware that helms weren't dropping as intended. On the other hand lord dropped elite wand and axe, which are still very valuable, but our hope was to find the helms since being mindless pve tards we need that set bonus to dump lust and embrace the new stuff :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazing info, thanks!

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loganayr View Post
    Yeah. There was a reason though, i had farmed overlord all night with no luck. When we had the convo i linked he still was not aware that helms weren't dropping as intended. On the other hand lord dropped elite wand and axe, which are still very valuable, but our hope was to find the helms since being mindless pve tards we need that set bonus to dump lust and embrace the new stuff :P

I've only dropped a pink glow Stick at overlord :, (
    But great info!

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

[QUOTE=Loganayr;2304593]SECTION A): tips on valuable loot

url immagine

They can be dropped by REHK at second map because I dropped elite helm STR and Int

Sent From My Apple SmartWatch Using Tapatalk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yes, he dropped me more than one helm, but they are khafra/mynas only, the trash version basically, that doesnt make set. The set helms are still bugged, gotta wait for after halloween and see if cinco keeps the word.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Adding a piece of info that i've used for a while and may be of interest for platinum expers.
    The fastest way to exp in overlord maps is doing pyramid starship,with shadow essence active (yes, while exping). With the basic 3x the shadows grant 50 to 100 exp per shadow (average, varies depending on shadow type). This means that an average run on 3x in starship with essence active will yeld you 600 to 650 exp average rather than the standard 500.

With platinum abuse, i capped my chars getting 1300 to 1400 exp per single run (using 3x blessing+ 2x week + 5x elix. If you use the 4x playa elix for stacking exp you will earn 1200 average instead. Without shadow elix you only earn 900 to 1000 with that setup).

So yes,a faster way to cap,made more interesting by the additional chance of getting elites as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescind View Post
    I've only dropped a pink glow Stick at overlord :, (

But great info!

I haven't drop anything!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received