Thread: 27 Mage -Jewbie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default 27 Mage -Jewbie

The community at 25-27 is booming all of a sudden, so I would like to help aspiring 27 mages! If you do not know I am Jewbie, I am going to be giving my build, gear, and tactics/tips. Keep in mind this is for fbow mages.

Build:
    1heal for full nuke, used to basically get rid of ice or heal off HS.
    6light, ALWAYS in my opinion
    1frostbite, always unless you're ignorant
    3drain, used for counter drain, most likely going to be one of the later skills used in your combo.
    1icestorm, this is debatable, most mages don't use this, I let them heal off frost then use ice fire.
    6 buffs, always 6 bom, 6 bov for that maximum armor to let you stay alive enough to nuke.
    1ms, should always be used in my opinion for any Mage build, time it right and you can do a lot more in a small time frame. Make sure you try to fit a combo while in ms or drain/light. Heal isn't priority while in ms.
    1fire, if used well this can kite bears, vs Mage nothing above 1 is needed, it's nukey enough.

Combo:

Vs Mage- frostbite,light,heal,drain,fire,icestorm, OR frostbite,light,heal,drain,icestorm,fire.
    Vs Bear- (this really depends on the bear) frostbite,light,fire,run,heal off HS,drain,icestorm,wait for cool downs and ms when appropriate.
    Vs other- frostbite,light,fire,heal,drain,icestorm ms when needed.

Gear:

Pink forgotten Bow 25-27 stats aren't much different, ex. You can be a 27 Mage with a 25 fbow and that's ok. Hallow helm (dex) level 25 and hallow mantle level 25 (dex). Rings, I like Fine Platinum Ring of Bravery, which is 1% crit 11 damage. I also have a hit armor ring just incase they dish out more damage then me faster, really just depends on the Mage/bear.

Tactics:

You'll learn from experiance, 27 is a great level and I encourage everyone to try Mage. It is incredibly fun and so many builds to tryout. This is just my personal set up and if you have any questions you can always pm me at Jewbie. Thanks for reading my guide and I hope you enjoyed.
    Characters
    Vumpkin
    Jewbie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

oooh, ur Vumpkin and Jewbie; had no idea. Nice guide, pictures make everything better GL if you choose to expand it.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Probably will add pictures later, kinda threw a rough draft out there. Thank you for the comment! Always looking to get better at "blogging"? Haha.
    Last edited by omgteenwolf; 01-02-2016 at 02:00 AM.
    Characters
    Vumpkin
    Jewbie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice guide. I will join 27 pvp probably.

Wysłane z mojego HTC Desire 500 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    AL:
    61 Azeffi, 61 Labelizer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Damn haven't been on this forums acc in a while. Also, I'd like to comment firstly by saying great guide. However, if you believe you're a skilled 27 mage use 5 fire 2 drain 6 light 1 heal 1 MS 4 Bov, u know the rest. Use int helm and dex body, and forg with champions dmg ring AND FULL DEX THIS IS IMPORTANT. You can normally use crystalline bow set for welfare gear if you aren't rich. And this will enable you to beat nearly all bears, int cryst mages and even some newer forg mages. Paw mages, unless they have low BoV are a no-go when using crystallinetho unfortunately due to the DPS of a weapon being massive reduced if it has high speed and low dmg vs high armor, whereas high dmg, low speed still does immense dmg to tanks. I found over my years of pvping that any half decent nuke at this level could outplay tanks. I'd happily show anyone who opposed my theory, but I've been retired for quite a while and I can no longer play on MY account. Take the hint, if you don't understand, don't bother asking.

~> Invert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bruisey,gombos,pvpexpert View Post
    Damn haven't been on this forums acc in a while. Also, I'd like to comment firstly by saying great guide. However, if you believe you're a skilled 27 mage use 5 fire 2 drain 6 light 1 heal 1 MS 4 Bov, u know the rest. Use int helm and dex body, and forg with champions dmg ring AND FULL DEX THIS IS IMPORTANT. You can normally use crystalline bow set for welfare gear if you aren't rich. And this will enable you to beat nearly all bears, int cryst mages and even some newer forg mages. Paw mages, unless they have low BoV are a no-go when using crystallinetho unfortunately due to the DPS of a weapon being massive reduced if it has high speed and low dmg vs high armor, whereas high dmg, low speed still does immense dmg to tanks. I found over my years of pvping that any half decent nuke at this level could outplay tanks. I'd happily show anyone who opposed my theory, but I've been retired for quite a while and I can no longer play on MY account. Take the hint, if you don't understand, don't bother asking.

~> Invert
    last bit made me laugh, always saw you prancing around w/ cryst set didn't know that was you, pm me (if you have steam)
    nothing lasts forever