Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 51 cap decryption

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Default Level 51 cap decryption

So, although there wasn't so much in the producer's letter and we haven't been getting many sneak peaks of stuff, etc. (I literally live for those) I felt it would be fun to share my decryption of the narrative.

Name:  top_secret_expansion_DO_NOT_LEAK.png
Views: 905
Size:  36.3 KB

So, first I decided to slit it into textual blocks which are easier to read

The players have found

boon to all of arlor

boon1
    bo͞on/Submit
    noun
    a thing that is helpful or beneficial.
    "the navigation system will be a boon to both civilian and military users"
    synonyms: blessing, godsend, bonus, plus, benefit, advantage, help, aid, asset; More
    antonyms: curse
    archaic
    a favor or request.
    "may I have the inestimable boon of a few minutes' conversation?"

[U]The feeling that ____ king[/U]

_____ looks to be a one word adjective (6-7 letters) assume awoken

a rabble-rouser known to have strong opionions, but also enough charisma to garner a following. Upon their return... seperated themselves from the general population, retreating.

Two of the

Technology that would allow

Probably tech cap, or crafting

Under the guidance of

New NPC

syphoning

si·phon
    ˈsīfən/Submit
    verb
    gerund or present participle: syphoning
    draw off or convey (liquid) by means of a siphon.
    draw off or transfer over a period of time, especially illegally or unfairly.
    "he's been siphoning money off the firm"

Most likely using NPC to transfer power.

New inventions

Power had unanticipated side effects, however.

OK.

Downright crazy... -sized monsters

Most likely driving creatures of land insane + massive size

Heretic

her·e·tic
    ˈherəˌtik/
    noun
    a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
    synonyms: dissenter, nonconformist, apostate, freethinker, iconoclast; More
    antonyms: conformist, believer
    a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.

join their cause

New class? Or next form of gnome?

previously banished them... mercenaries without a cause

Most likely large genetically messed up creatures are similar to giant orc mob, and these are smaller mob (also most likely controlling bigger). I would guess that these are bosses in the earlier levels, but as they lose control, bosses turn to being the controlled.

boxes of shiny objects

Farmable item. New crate? Crafting?

Bidding... the muscle... and assume rule

Previous statement about mercenaries losing control most likely incorrect. Other way around (mercenaries take control).

Fortunately... was not oblivious to... antics

his spies

assault by both

Both creatures and mercenaries?

Turn to the Arlorians... for help

different land, one we haven't been introduced to yet, however not too far away as earlier king was mentioned so they most likely know of nothal.

eliminate... carrying out his maniacal plan to

My interpretation

The players have found a new, wonderful land. However, the king of this land is threatened to be overthrown by a "rabble-rouser" who soon garners a strong

following, which seperates itself from the general population, when they cannot overthrow the king. They decide to overthrow the king using force, and soon create a

technology which would allow the powers of objects and beings to be transfered. However, this invention has unwanted side effects which soon turn the isolated

community into beasts, and drives them insane. Soon, a group of mercenaries comes, in search of shiny boxes, and end up taking control over the community of

beasts. Thankfully, the king was not blind to what was happening, thanks to his spies. However, he soon falls under attack by both of these peoples. He turns to the

Arlorians to stop (nameless mercenary lord's) conquest.
    Last edited by Befs; 10-26-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    Ign - Coolguymage

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

love this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice idea! What if u r right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

sounds like a plan in the makings! King of the North?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Ooooh, expert story crafting there! I guess we'll just have to see how close you are when the new expansion drops, eh?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    sounds like a plan in the makings! King of the North?
    No way King Erik will appear in this expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Ooooh, expert story crafting there! I guess we'll just have to see how close you are when the new expansion drops, eh?
    So,shall i guess that Dr. Befs is close to the actual storyline?
    I hope that we will continue the Ren'gol storyline,and we will have to rescue the gnomes...poor gnomes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    We shall see

The first part I'm really unsure about
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I hope this glintstone set will be still good enough for next expansion. If I'm still around I hope next expansion is everything rengol isn't XD

Imma get this glintstone set, but use arc ring and planar pendant. Get the mythic bow, go pew pew pew for a while and then head of onto the trails and sunset. That's my plan
    Last edited by Xorrior; 10-27-2015 at 05:22 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Actually decyphering would be a more accurate word to use here.

So I took a look at the picture myself and there are very few mistakes in blacking out the text (but I found them; surprising, right?). This is what we can be certain about:

• line 4 - [...]boon to all Arlor. -> in blacked out following part, two pi's(p);
    • line 6 - Upon their return[...] -> in blacked out following part, a comma, one gamma(g), one pi(p), one cue(q), one upsilon(y);
    • line 25(last) - [...]carrying out his maniacal plan to[...]. -> before the period, the last letter is epsilon(e).

And as one might wonder "But but, how did you differentiate between p and q in line 6, oh great and skilful decypherer Madnex?". To which I respond: "Do not doubt me infidels! The pixels have talked to me!".

By combining previous lore knowledge, nearby words' context and roughly calculating how many letters and then words can fit in each blacked out space the estimations would achieve very high accuracy. If we had more of those "mistakes" in the blacking out, it would help separating it down to words and maybe it would be realistic enough for someone to attempt cracking the whole thing.
    How did u know I don't believe in religion! *carefully checks rooms*
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Default Decyphering L51 Blacked Out Narrative (Attempt).

Inspired from Befs, yours truly decided to attempt a more in-depth analysis and deciphering. Focusing on logical links, bringing together small bits until we have something to grasp on and make further assumptions, we'll see how far this goes!

Note: Any words in bold mean that they're estimations for what's below the veil of Remi's oversized permanent black marker!

Here's what we're working with (efficiently cropped):

So I took a look at the picture myself and there are very few mistakes in blacking out the text (but I found them; surprising, right?). This is what we can be certain about:

• line 4 - [...]boon to all Arlor. -> in blacked out following part, two pi's(p);
    • line 6 - Upon their return[...] -> in blacked out following part, a comma, one gamma(g), one pi(p), one cue(q), one upsilon(y);
    • line 25(last) - [...]carrying out his maniacal plan to[...]. -> before the period, the last letter is epsilon(e).

And as one might wonder "But but, how did you differentiate between p and q in line 6, oh great and skilful decipherer Madnex?". To which I respond: "Do not doubt me infidels! The pixels have talked to me!".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First off, in line 6 we can deduce with high probability that the last word inside the black text is "quickly" - it fits letter width-wise, it has both cue and upsilon that are certain to be underneath and it does not disrupt the sentence's logical meaning.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scroll down to line 18-19 and observe how the sentence ends with "bidding". Now the full expression is "do someone's bidding" or in this case, "make [someone] do someone's bidding" => "make [someone, probably plural] do their bidding". What does that tell us about the first part of the sentence? That it most likely looks like this: "Promising them feasts and boxes of shiny objects, [...]got the [unknown group, plural] to do his bidding."
    Also, from these lines we can deduce that this heretic usurper mentioned in line 16 is the leader of this group of "mercenaries without a cause". His name is likely found in the beginning of line 16 (eg. Dreinor, a heretic[...]).
    NOW. What kind of creatures would be lured in by boxes of shiny objects? Given how simplistically treasure chests have been phrased, it is very likely it means a low-intelligence species. Given our devs' love for the LOTR universe, I believe that this group could be Trolls or something of similar nature.
    This not-so-smart group is definitely bulky and that's why he (heretic leader) is planning to use them as "the muscle", placing them in front of his mercenaries in order cripple the opposing army's infantry to achieve victory and take the throne. It's highly possible that these large monsters ("[...]tree/boulder-sized monsters", line 15) are the result of the side-effects from the power-siphoning tech.
    Lastly, the final paragraph doesn't leave much to our imagination. The king the Arlorian heroes will be aiding catches wind of the imminent danger (with the help of his spies) from the combined assault forces of the rogue mercenary group with the addition of the other large monsters (maybe Trolls)'s group.
    The only question here is whether the maniac mentioned in line 25 is one of the two original leaders that were involved in the discovery of the power-enhancing tech or the heretic leader. In other words, it's not clear who is the main villain yet.
    Last edited by Madnex; 10-27-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Final edit until new info.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

can't wait till expansion to see how close each of us comes.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    NOW. What kind of creatures would be lured in by boxes of shiny objects? Given how simplistically treasure chests have been phrased, it is possible it means a low-intelligence species or that this said species has some sort of weakness to gold and gems.
    I think this would simply be the creatures / townsfolk who were altered by these "side effects"
    Ign - Coolguymage

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

...where is everyone getting these

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Decipher*?

I've never seen the word 'decypher' before o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    So, although there wasn't so much in the producer's letter and we haven't been getting many sneak peaks of stuff, etc. (I literally live for those) I felt it would be fun to share my decryption of the narrative.

Name:  top_secret_expansion_DO_NOT_LEAK.png
Views: 905
Size:  36.3 KB

So, first I decided to slit it into textual blocks which are easier to read

The players have found

boon to all of arlor

boon1
    bo͞on/Submit
    noun
    a thing that is helpful or beneficial.
    "the navigation system will be a boon to both civilian and military users"
    synonyms: blessing, godsend, bonus, plus, benefit, advantage, help, aid, asset; More
    antonyms: curse
    archaic
    a favor or request.
    "may I have the inestimable boon of a few minutes' conversation?"

[U]The feeling that ____ king[/U]

_____ looks to be a one word adjective (6-7 letters) assume awoken

a rabble-rouser known to have strong opionions, but also enough charisma to garner a following. Upon their return... seperated themselves from the general population, retreating.

Two of the

Technology that would allow

Probably tech cap, or crafting

Under the guidance of

New NPC

syphoning

si·phon
    ˈsīfən/Submit
    verb
    gerund or present participle: syphoning
    draw off or convey (liquid) by means of a siphon.
    draw off or transfer over a period of time, especially illegally or unfairly.
    "he's been siphoning money off the firm"

Most likely using NPC to transfer power.

New inventions

Power had unanticipated side effects, however.

OK.

Downright crazy... -sized monsters

Most likely driving creatures of land insane + massive size

Heretic

her·e·tic
    ˈherəˌtik/
    noun
    a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
    synonyms: dissenter, nonconformist, apostate, freethinker, iconoclast; More
    antonyms: conformist, believer
    a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.

join their cause

New class? Or next form of gnome?

previously banished them... mercenaries without a cause

Most likely large genetically messed up creatures are similar to giant orc mob, and these are smaller mob (also most likely controlling bigger). I would guess that these are bosses in the earlier levels, but as they lose control, bosses turn to being the controlled.

boxes of shiny objects

Farmable item. New crate? Crafting?

Bidding... the muscle... and assume rule

Previous statement about mercenaries losing control most likely incorrect. Other way around (mercenaries take control).

Fortunately... was not oblivious to... antics

his spies

assault by both

Both creatures and mercenaries?

Turn to the Arlorians... for help

different land, one we haven't been introduced to yet, however not too far away as earlier king was mentioned so they most likely know of nothal.

eliminate... carrying out his maniacal plan to

My interpretation

The players have found a new, wonderful land. However, the king of this land is threatened to be overthrown by a "rabble-rouser" who soon garners a strong

following, which seperates itself from the general population, when they cannot overthrow the king. They decide to overthrow the king using force, and soon create a

technology which would allow the powers of objects and beings to be transfered. However, this invention has unwanted side effects which soon turn the isolated

community into beasts, and drives them insane. Soon, a group of mercenaries comes, in search of shiny boxes, and end up taking control over the community of

beasts. Thankfully, the king was not blind to what was happening, thanks to his spies. However, he soon falls under attack by both of these peoples. He turns to the

Arlorians to stop (nameless mercenary lord's) conquest.
    Lols.. you too many spare time )
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    Lols.. you too many spare time )
    You have no idea... No such thing as spare time.

I simply procrastinate by doing this as opposed to tediously being gradually torn apart by school work. Instead, I wait until the last minute, and blow through it.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

so expansion will be new cap or opening new maps?

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts