Thread: Tips for a Pocket Legends Player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Tips for a Pocket Legends Player

Hello ppl

I am trying to start playing AL and so far it's been a lot better than I remember. The event is pretty fun and the amount of depth in the event is mind-blowing compared Pocket Legends. Anyway...just need a few pointers, keep in mind that right now I'm level 14 or so. My IGN is "Fightastical"

1) Where do bows drop? Do they drop at a certain level on each map, or is it totally random?
    2) Are there any up to date or still currently useful rogue guides? I'm having trouble deciding which 4 skills to rank up and passives.
    3) What is the best bang for my buck when using platinum starting off the game? I'm not interested in the level to 41 instantly crap though. That's a horrible implementation imo.
    4) Are there any little tips that you find useful in making the game more fun? Right now I love playing the event but I can't hardly stay in PvE for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. I feel like that's mostly because I have no idea what I'm doing atm. Where should I be farming as a low level, or grinding xp so I can farm in the future?
    5) Are there any little things I should be taking advantage of to make the game easier?
    6) I'm collecting the "treasure chests" from my allies but they're not appearing in the chest section in my inventory. What's going on there?
    7) Is charging your auto attacks and skills the optimal way to deal DPS (disregarding mana)?

That's about it for now, hopefully I get some decent help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Hey bro its Vowed/Allcritnohit add me here in AL Giftfromhell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Smith For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache:2307908
    Hello ppl

Hello!

I am trying to start playing AL and so far it's been a lot better than I remember. The event is pretty fun and the amount of depth in the event is mind-blowing compared Pocket Legends. Anyway...just need a few pointers, keep in mind that right now I'm level 14 or so. My IGN is "Fightastical"

Welcome Back!

1) Where do bows drop? Do they drop at a certain level on each map, or is it totally random?

Bows generally drop from locked crates and are available at practically any level. They can also be looted from an item chest found in the Store.

2) Are there any up to date or still currently useful rogue guides? I'm having trouble deciding which 4 skills to rank up and passives.

There should be something in the Rogue Discussion section. But generally the 3 most widely used skills are Shadow Piercer, Noxious Bolt, and Aimed Shot, while the fourth slot is used for either Entangled Traps (for mob control), Shadow Veil (for group buff/mob debuff), or Razor Shield (for hightened dodge chance). Once you reach cap, you should be able to fully spec each skill I mentioned. For the passives, stay with the INT/DEX/STR passives. Dont waste any points in the % passives like damage or speed, because they are usually overridden by pet happiness bonuses (and they don't stack).

3) What is the best bang for my buck when using platinum starting off the game? I'm not interested in the level to 41 instantly crap though. That's a horrible implementation imo.

I completely agree. Anyways, usually people use the plat toward XP elixirs (when they cant afford the kits with gold) for leveling and Luck elixirs for farming. If you have a lot of plat, buy a leprechaun pendant, which is an essential item to wear for farming. If you want to convert it to gold, many people buy ankh kits and resell them in the cs.

4) Are there any little tips that you find useful in making the game more fun? Right now I love playing the event but I can't hardly stay in PvE for more than 30-45 minutes at a time. I feel like that's mostly because I have no idea what I'm doing atm. Where should I be farming as a low level, or grinding xp so I can farm in the future?

The best place to farm XP would be either Watcher's Tomb 4 (In traveler's outpost) or Kraag Tombs 4. Farming for gold becomes a lot more effective at endgame. Many people farm locked ren'gol crates in Kraken Mines 3 (Available after completing the Kraken Campaign and the Power of Gleipnir quest.

5) Are there any little things I should be taking advantage of to make the game easier?

I mentioned most everything above. But try not to spend a fortune on gear until you reach the cap. And also, the bigger your party, the larger your xp gain.

6) I'm collecting the "treasure chests" from my allies but they're not appearing in the chest section in my inventory. What's going on there?
    Their chests are automatically opened. If it's an elixir, you should be given the effect of it. If its an ankh, it gets added to your satchel. Etc etc.
    7) Is charging your auto attacks and skills the optimal way to deal DPS (disregarding mana)?
    The only skills you should charge are the buffing skills. You wanna spam the auto attack, aimed shot, nox (unless attacking a large group of mobs), and shadow piercer.

That's about it for now, hopefully I get some decent help.
    Responses in bold

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Responses in bold
    Thank you! I appreciate it a lot!

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Have fun in AL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

thx...how do I beat drakeula? is there any specific strategy? this guy wipes my team every time and I can't progress in the event any further lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    thx...how do I beat drakeula? is there any specific strategy? this guy wipes my team every time and I can't progress in the event any further lol
    Simply avoid red zones.

And if u think he's tough wait till u get to paracelsus...

(bosses in al are tougher than pl)
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Simply avoid red zones.

And if u think he's tough wait till u get to paracelsus...

(bosses in al are tougher than pl)

I don't get hit by any red zones. My team always wipes and whenever I'm the last one left each one of his ranged autos will deal 30% of my health. Impossible for me to defeat unless I use 200+ potions lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I don't get hit by any red zones. My team always wipes and whenever I'm the last one left each one of his ranged autos will deal 30% of my health. Impossible for me to defeat unless I use 200+ potions lol
    Yeah, that's always rough.

Tough to avoid, I tend to try to back off and pot (make sure not to reset)
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

i dint think ill be beating drakeula anytime soon with a PUG lol it just is too stronk 4 me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

i dint think ill be beating drakeula anytime soon with a PUG lol it just is too stronk 4 me
    Can't wait to hear how u feel about paracelsus.

The pug destroyer.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

FINALLY BEAT HIM. It was actually really easy...I was just getting the wrong team composition for the runs. Got a mage n tank last time and never went below half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I know, I should have invested more into him. I found him but I only bought around 25 ankhs expecting him to be there forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nothing good lasts forever.

Don't forget to do the daily story quest. There are many useful things u can get with the tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well yea just focus on leveling fight you wont get very far with noob gear and a L17 rogue :/ ill help you lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

You'll enjoy the game much more once you've hit the cap level and made friends and joined a decent guild