Thread: Worth getting back into?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Worth getting back into?

I used to be a big fan of this game when it first released, but didn't like the direction STS took by focusing on gambling with real money for the best gear, especially when they originally said platinum was only going to be for elixirs and vanity. Anyway, I'm kind of interested in returning, but I don't want to waste my time if real money gambling is still the only way to get ahead. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bastok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastok View Post
    I used to be a big fan of this game when it first released, but didn't like the direction STS took by focusing on gambling with real money for the best gear, especially when they originally said platinum was only going to be for elixirs and vanity. Anyway, I'm kind of interested in returning, but I don't want to waste my time if real money gambling is still the only way to get ahead. Thanks.

It actually changed a lot. There are plenty of farming opportunities and prices for endgame gear are moderate. It takes continues farming, but over time u will definitely end up with good gear.

I giv u a big YES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You don't need to buy platinum to have good gear, you just need to farm for you gold as arcanes are cheap now and easy to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Nop if you are a warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

To be honest, if you're starting from square one you'll find that gold is still hard to make. While the prices of BiS items for endgame have come down a whole lot, without investing a decent chunk-o-plat in the game for gold (converting plat-items to gold) and/or XP boost it's going to be a strenuous experience to cap in PUGs and then gear up. Also, unfortunately RoM is no longer around (but that was my first guild too!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    To be honest, if you're starting from square one you'll find that gold is still hard to make. While the prices of BiS items for endgame have come down a whole lot, without investing a decent chunk-o-plat in the game for gold (converting plat-items to gold) and/or XP boost it's going to be a strenuous experience to cap in PUGs and then gear up. Also, unfortunately RoM is no longer around (but that was my first guild too!).
    BiS?
    Ign - Coolguymage

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

It isn't very gambling focused now, you won't make very much gold opening crates; farming is viable atm but as Mad said, you're gonna find it hard to start from 0g and work your way up. Locked farming is a good, quick way to make gold, although it gets monotonous.

(Why did JustG thank your post? )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

like in real life u have to work to have the things u want in life. same applies to arcane legends how can u get the pets and gears u want if u don't work or farm. wat I'm trying to say is gears and pets are so cheap now how can u not get one? all u have to do is farm never bought plat in my time in AL having zero gold is never an excuse if u work hard. plat is like the icing on the cake if u can afford it life would be easy ofcourse. u have to keep in mind sts also need the plat purchase to maintain the game. wat I'm trying to say is hard work always pays off u don't need plats. no bad blood intented

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

It's more farming based now which is good and bad.
    It's good that you don't have to open locks to gamble.
    It's bad it's hard to play for people who can't grind daliy for hours. Gold is still hard to make but yes, it's not the worst.

Just don't play warrior. Then you will have fun.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

At end game (level 46) the mythic set (helm, armor, ring, amulet) is all acquired by farming for the ingredients to craft, and none of those ingredients can be purchased with plat or come in locked crates. The new mythic weapons do come in locked crates, but there are plenty of opportunities to earn gold without spending plat, and then buy those items from other players. Also the best Arcane pet, Nekro, is crafted from items that can all be farmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Worth getting back into?

Ok guys, thanks for the input! I'm glad to hear Arcane is back to grinding and not focused on gambling anymore.

I don't mind spending plat, I enjoyed buying all the vanity sets and special stuff while I played. It's the gambling that really ruined it for me. I like to spend my money on stuff I want to "own" and not on dreams.

I guess I'll be leveling my rogue since warrior seems to have finally drowned in it's uselessness. Even back then I felt my warrior was a poor tank since it could never hold hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I've been playing since the end of April this year, and managed to get an Arcane ring, a Planar pendant, a lvl 46 mythic weapon and an arcane pet without using plat... If you make the Adventurer's pack an exception . From what people told me, it was much harder in previous years. Although I could barely reach 417 dmg petless on a Rogue at lvl41, now I've got 806 dmg petless as a Sorcerer!
    Items are more affordable than ever, and the same amount of gold you could use to buy an arcane pet or a mythic weapon a few months ago, you can now spend to become a well above average endgamer (not maxed out, but above average x) )
    Plus who knows, you might have some discontinued items from the very beginning, that are worth a little fortune now