Thread: Which lvl 56 gear setup is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Default Which lvl 56 gear setup is better?

Hello everyone, my pure dex bird is lvl 56 and i just wanna ask u guys, which setup is better. Dex crown, bagman auto-bow and bagman leather with damage ring(Physiologic's setup) or Str crown, sewer scarab, sewer king leaher and damage ring. I have both str and dex crowns and damage/armor rings. So yeah, which setup is better? Thank you for advice.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Are you looking for pure damage? What are you looking to gain from the setup? Im not the person to answer but I am interested in the topic.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Not sure I understand the question, if you have both setups why not just equip them and make a choice (at least equip them and take screenshots)? Then perhaps tell us what you plan to get out of the char. Pure DPS, M/s to fire off skills, survivability (armor)... It's all going to come down to personal preference imo. People will have a difference in opinion unless one set is clearly superior to the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    Hello everyone, my pure dex bird is lvl 56 and i just wanna ask u guys, which setup is better. Dex crown, bagman auto-bow and bagman leather with damage ring(Physiologic's setup) or Str crown, sewer scarab, sewer king leaher and damage ring. I have both str and dex crowns and damage/armor rings. So yeah, which setup is better? Thank you for advice.
    Whatever the numbers might say, I'm speaking of timed runs I did myself. I never kept the timing results because I was never really planning to post it on the forum. Unfortunately some of the more senior members I tested this with went MIA. My experience is, that the best set to quickly kill bosses with (which is a very time consuming part of any sewer level) is a custom set. I know some people might disagree, but I know the results of my own testing, so I don't really care. If you have a room full of birds, custom is the fastest (not by much) way to clear a n entire level. Raid is not for behind.

As for the crown, I'll post a screenshot in a bit. I chose the fortified crown for my bird, which gives me comparable protection (just a little less) as with a talon, but is able to deal way more dmg. Now I know that these sets are expensive, but they're the absolute best. I know this was not exactly what you asked for, I'm just sharing info on gear I guess. See this as my personal opinion, nothing more

Screenshots coming up...

Custom set, without crown

Sewer king leather/scarab/fortified cop/ring 2%crit, 8 armor

Last edited by JaytB; 05-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Well..i'm looking for a balanced set, like death shotgun set, which is a bit of everything, good damage but also good enough defence, so far i've been using str crown sk leather and scarab plus damage ring, works pretty good for me. I just thought that someone know better what set works better, example Physiolgic says he uses dex crown and bagman auto bow and leather, there must be a reason for that, because i'm sure he can afford any set, like custom for example. So yeah i'm not sure if i should use what he uses, or maybe something else. As i said already i want a very balanced set, like death shotgun. Oh yeah also i always tank and stay ahead of the group. Thx for advices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Thx kungfu, i've had custom set, really good, but i've sold it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    so far i've been using str crown sk leather and scarab plus damage ring
    Hehehe, almost exactly as I posted in the screenshot earlier. Except for an armor ring

U rok, thanks!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Phys can afford plenty, but I think the weighs the pros and cons. I recall him suggesting that set because it was inexpensive and it does provide a pretty close alternative to the more expensive sets. I personally use plenty of sets based on what the situation calls for. I have a death (talon) set, that I use with pugs mostly because I don't know how balanced they are going to be and I need the armor boost; I have a raid (talon) set, that I honestly rarely ever use; I have a sewer king set, that I use for most runs because of the M/s I can spam skills without having to worry about running out of mana; I have a custom (recurve) set, that I use for bosses to make shot work of them the crit is ridiculous but the mana regen is low so I may have to use pots or switch to sewer set before the boss dies.

I have not worked with either of the sets that you suggested (in fact my crown of persistence has been in stash since I got it), but these work for me. I know they're the most expensive sets in the game, but why stockpile gold is my thought process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    but why stockpile gold is my thought process.
    I couldn't agree more... But why not stockpile gold AND buy these sets ;D

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Thank you very much for advice guys, i guess then i'm gonna stick to str crown sk scarab and leather with damage ring, very balanced set in my opinion. And when it comes to bosses i'll just switch to dex crown, and bagman recurve, for crit. Thx again guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Glad it helped

U rok, thanks!