Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Misleading Glintstone Blunderbuss Proc Effect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Lightbulb Misleading Glintstone Blunderbuss Proc Effect

I'm loving the proc itself (+7.0 dmg and increased movement speed) and I love the crystalline pylon portion of the effect, but the greenish shield effect is just confusing.

Firstly the shield proc is visually misleading because isn't protective - it doesn't reduce or avoid incoming damage in any way, it increases outgoing damage . And, during gameplay, because a player's attention is focused on multiple points on the screen, a sorcerer may mistakenly believe their shield is up when it is not and die because of the mistake. This may or may not have happened to me.

Secondly, the proc interferes with sorcerers who have Nekro and who are attempting to properly time the shield skill with the Nekro aa. I often end up triple-stacking shields in an attempt to ensure I have some kind of shield up. The triple-stacked shields make my character look like an energized, seizure-inducing orb of light.

May I suggest a greenish electric effect similar to the Talon aa? It would be an easy recolor and would make the gun proc more visually appealing as well as more visually accurate.
    Last edited by Niixed; 11-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I'm loving the proc itself (+7.0 dmg and increased movement speed) and I love the crystalline pylon portion of the effect, but the greenish shield effect is just confusing.

Firstly the shield proc is visually misleading because isn't protective - it doesn't reduce or avoid incoming damage in any way, it increases outgoing damage . And, during gameplay, because a player's attention is focused on multiple points on the screen, a sorcerer may mistakenly believe their shield is up when it is not and die because of the mistake. This may or may not have happened to me.

Secondly, the proc interferes with sorcerers who have Nekro and who are attempting to properly time the shield skill with the Nekro aa. I often end up triple-stacking shields in an attempt to ensure I have some kind of shield up. The triple-stacked shields make my character look like an energized, seizure-inducing orb of light.

May I suggest a greenish electric effect similar to the Talon aa? It would be an easy recolor and would make the gun proc more visually appealing as well as more visually accurate.
    Nice suggestion, I'll take a look thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yeah, that shield effect is a major mislead! I found out it wasn't a shield and just confuses the team! I wish that the rogue bombs had a bigger indicator or exploded green though. Right now those are sniper mode xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!