Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Big Idea for a more Colourful Arcane Legends - Item Customisation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    blaze5786

Thumbs up Big Idea for a more Colourful Arcane Legends - Item Customisation

I have been holding onto this thought for a looooong long time.

Arcane Legends is a constantly evolving game with new items of better stats and new looks being released every now and then.
    I've been wondering what is the 2% that's missing from the already available functions of this game
    Out of all, I believe legendary rarity items are utilized the most in this game - due to the overwhelming number of twinks and variety of nice stat gear for those who cannot afford or wear higher shelf items.
    As a player whos been through a lot of seasons, I know the great deal of items that are floating around with no use due to lack of stats (A heap of items released from s1 - s7).
    Many of these items (targetting weapons, armoury) have great designs and are gone to waste as there are better, like devourer bows and new eloia/galen/jord staves and all.

Finally, I thought of the idea of infusing the stats of the mainstream, top tier equipment to another item to change looks? Adding on, merely the cosmetic transformation would be empty. All legendary weapons and selected equipment have special procs, so as you combine the two items the final product will carry the stats of the higher stat gear, the gems of the previous high stat gear but the proc of the item you wish to keep and its looks?
    (This will only apply to legendary-legendary item combinations, cross-mixing or mixing the stats of a ghoulish to a rusty dagger will sound silly (maybe possible) as there is a reduction of gem slots and rusty dagger sadly doesn't have a proc or a special ability. Maybe the consequence of inter-rarity mixing would be the diminishing of gems?)
    Elaborating: 1) The mixing of a bow with a dagger would be illegal. Only items of the same class can mix. 2) The level of both items have to match to prevent many problems.

I think this would be a great update going into festive season and the new thrill of combining new procs and looks of the many deserted encyclopaedia of items of Arcane Legends with the mainstream forager/supreme/devourer bow etc. gear with the highest stats will lead to a more colourful and fun/experimental game and will be a nice add-on or upgrade to normal vanities.

Examples of these deserted items (I am a rogue and only know rogue items but I'm sure the same number of even more items are available for other classes): Flintlocks, frostbite blades, villainous blades, devils tail bows, polar bows, heartseekers, lifethiefs, steel commando blades, witch nails, dimensional daggers, incandescent daggers, eagle talon bows, fleshroasters, biter blades, buccaneer blades etc. (these are on the spot out of my head, many more items exist).
    Winter wonderland, stormrunner, deep sea, poseidon, shipmaster, red beard, beguiler, sealord, bloodhammer, iron envoy, founder gear, forerunner, shade knight, architect etc. the list is never ending.

Thank you and please make this happen, in my opinion this is essential to a game with flooding items with great design, bring back those forgotten items and procs from the past!
    Last edited by blaze5786; 11-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.