Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
The "cap" I was referring to is that both Raid Auto-Bow and Custom Recurve give an actual critical rate of more than 100% with Blessing of Might, but cannot actually do so. The Raid set nets a 103% Crit, while the Custom Recurve nets 109%. Obviously, you can't Critical more than 100% of the time, so the extra % is wasted.

But yes, you can land 100% Criticals if your Critical % is that high. At least I'm almost sure I read that (Physiological). If I am wrong, and it's capped at something less than 100%, then the edge shifts more in favor of Enchanted.
Yes, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic
VIII. The Search for a Crit Cap

Much thanks to WhoIsThis for testing this with me.

In this section, we try to establish if a possible cap to crit exists; our main reason to test this out is simply because a hit% cap exists. At the moment, the highest possible crit value can only be achieved by a mage due to their powerful +60% crit buff. As such, we used WhoIsThis' pure INT mage to test this out. This was tested in Alien Oasis III: Close Encounters. Attacks were ONLY recorded while the mage was buffed for 94% crit.

Pure INT mage stats: Lv 56, 1/2/330 stat distribution
Pure INT mage equips: Mastermind Wand/Bracer combo
Crit: 34% unbuffed, 94% buffed

cccccccccc
dcccccddcc
cdccccdccc
cccccccccc
cddccccccd
cccccdcccc
cccccccccc
hccccdcdhd
cccccccchc
cccccccccc
cdcdccc

Total attempted hits in Close Encounters: 107
Dodge: 14
Successful hits: 93

Non-criticals landed: 3 (3.2%)
Criticals landed: 90 (96.8%)

So far, no evidence of a crit cap less than 94% crit exists. If a crit cap does exist, it will be much higher than the hit% cap.

Since the sample number was small compared to the hit% data sample numbers, we will probably have to record more values down in the future.