Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sugestion for Veterans Back Vanity!

  1. #1
    Forum Adept mondeng006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    336
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default Sugestion for Veterans Back Vanity!

    REMIEM : " Last, but not least, for all of you players who have been around with us from the very beginning--THANK YOU. An extra special gold veteran back vanity will be automatically granted to your account if your account was created before 1/1/13 and you have logged in within the last 90 days. Each veteran player will receive one for each class in their stash. Show the world that you're one of the ORIGINAL Arlorians! "

    OK Veterans are Veterans.

    But why not gave the SILVER BACK VANITIES to those who created their account 90 days after 1/1/13. Then plus 90 days Again for the BRONZE BACK VANITY. Rather than making those SILVER and BRONZE BACK VANITIES Purchaseable by Tokens. Atleast on that way the 2 Back Vanities are more Valuable Than they are.

    GOLD BACK VANITY - the account should be created before 1/1/13.
    SILVER BACK VANITY - the account should be created (Let's say 30 days a month) 4/1/13.
    BRONZE BACK VANITY - the account should be created (Let's say 30 days a month) 7/1/13.

    Then what will happen for those guys who bought SILVER and BRONZE BACK VANITY? A Replacement Back Vanity. But dont recolor the looks of the 3 Back Vanity.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ClumsyCactus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    My bed, Sweden
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    914
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    442
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

    Default

    -1 that would be rude to the ones who bought the vanities and the timeframe you set is not that good IMO
    I'd support making sparkly versions, with gold for the ones who already have gold, silver for lets say the rest of the year, bronze for the next year or something.

  3. #3
    Luminary Poster Zylx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    5,719
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    500
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,219
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

    Default

    Imho, instead of an account date, they should go with account age. If your account turns 3 years old tomorrow, you get the vanity tomorrow. If your account turns 3 next month, you should get it next month

    IGN: Łʊƈɨɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    mesalin
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Imho, instead of an account date, they should go with account age. If your account turns 3 years old tomorrow, you get the vanity tomorrow. If your account turns 3 next month, you should get it next month
    I totally agreed. Even my account don't have 1 year lol i find this idea nice that if account turns 3 years then player should get gold veteran shield as an birthday surprise


    <Forgiveness>

  6. #5
    Guardian of Alterra Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    25,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,630
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,851
    Thanked in
    2,937 Posts

    Default

    These vanities have come in other games. Either you met the requirement or you did not. They, in no way, hinder your ability to play the game as they are just vanities.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Luminary Poster Zylx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    5,719
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    500
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,219
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    These vanities have come in other games. Either you met the requirement or you did not. They, in no way, hinder your ability to play the game as they are just vanities.
    Why January 1st 2013? What happened on January 1st 2013 that makes a player sooooo different than one created on January 2nd, 2013? The fact that such a thing could happen is why people rage over favoritism and selective marketing. To make it fair, if youre going to determine something, you might as well make it practical. Why should a PL player who played PL since 2010 and just began playing AL a week ago be given an AL veteran item? That's a kick in the gut for the loyal players who've been around for a while.

    IGN: Łʊƈɨɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    77
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Why January 1st 2013? What happened on January 1st 2013 that makes a player sooooo different than one created on January 2nd, 2013? The fact that such a thing could happen is why people rage over favoritism and selective marketing. To make it fair, if youre going to determine something, you might as well make it practical. Why should a PL player who played PL since 2010 and just began playing AL a week ago be given an AL veteran item? That's a kick in the gut for the loyal players who've been around for a while.
    Why you crying over a game? Guess what, there's real life too - go find your shield...no one gives a fudge.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    3,097
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    330
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,069
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Why January 1st 2013? What happened on January 1st 2013 that makes a player sooooo different than one created on January 2nd, 2013? The fact that such a thing could happen is why people rage over favoritism and selective marketing. To make it fair, if youre going to determine something, you might as well make it practical. Why should a PL player who played PL since 2010 and just began playing AL a week ago be given an AL veteran item? That's a kick in the gut for the loyal players who've been around for a while.
    I hope you realize that every new year start at January 1st, so veterans are the ones who created account in 2012. What favoritism you talking about?

  11. #9
    Luminary Poster Zylx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    5,719
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    500
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,219
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

    Default

    Due to the fact that these "veterans" already have sentinel titles and tabard sets and cap banners and arlor vanities and founders epics, they really didn't need anything. I've always been against this kind of crap, but whatever I've retired anyways. So congrats to the week-long PL->AL players that got the shield.

    IGN: Łʊƈɨɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

  12. #10
    Senior Member Sariita's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,738
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Due to the fact that these "veterans" already have sentinel titles and tabard sets and cap banners and arlor vanities and founders epics, they really didn't need anything. I've always been against this kind of crap, but whatever I've retired anyways. So congrats to the week-long PL->AL players that got the shield.
    I'm a veteran myself and I don't have sentinel title (so I don't have tabard), sold my heraldics soooo long time ago, same as my arlor (So yes, a poor noob here! )

    It'll be the same with or without the veteran vanity since it's just that - A vanity! I haven't played PL even. I don't know why some people are mad at it. It's not game changer, you can still play without it. It's just a thank you to those who played since the very beginning. (Even though it's a unfair that those people who used to play PL and made an account in AL like a week ago are getting the vanities)

    My account date is 11-24-2012. So yes, I got the vanity. Sorry my English btw
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sariita For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,061
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,191
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

    Default

    i don t see a lot of players running around with the new vanities, so i think the number of pl players who migrated last week can t be too high. on the other hand there s a very high probability that every pl player checked out al at least for a short time, so you could never filter that.
    every season has unique vanities to get on lb or events. compared to them the slightly different coloured back shield is not soo special and fair game.
    everyone can buy arlors or founder epics now, if you were here at start there s a high probability you would have sold these already.

  15. #12
    Luminary Poster Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on the interwebs
    Posts
    6,075
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,220
    Thanked in
    768 Posts

    Default

    Alright y'all, stop attacking each other.
    Also what is this "sentinel" title everyone is talking about? where can I get it?

    btw, STS, perhaps there could be a compromise for veteran rewards. Similar to the Legionaire sets back from PL.
    3months = helmet
    6months = armor
    12months = shield
    (I think it was something like that)

    so for AL, just repace helmet/armor/shield
    with bronze, silver, gold back vanities
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    .

  16. #13
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,061
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,191
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

    Default Sugestion for Veterans Back Vanity!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Alright y'all, stop attacking each other.
    Also what is this "sentinel" title everyone is talking about? where can I get it?

    btw, STS, perhaps there could be a compromise for veteran rewards. Similar to the Legionaire sets back from PL.
    3months = helmet
    6months = armor
    12months = shield
    (I think it was something like that)

    so for AL, just repace helmet/armor/shield
    with bronze, silver, gold back vanities
    i think a similar scheme was done for the star legends vanities if i remember right.
    sentinel is the discontinued title that was granted for purchasing a premium character (basically extra slots and tabard set) at the start of the game.

Similar Threads

  1. Need sugestion
    By adhyss in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
  2. Sugestion
    By andy666 in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 06:23 AM
  3. Improve Veterans Vanity!
    By nmyxspaceship in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
  4. to devs: 1,3,6 months veterans vanity
    By blurryeyes in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 02:41 AM
  5. Suggestion make new vanity slot? ( vanity back )
    By Kinect in forum SL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •