Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Hotfix | November 16, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's the game reality situation ... Why not reported in the first day on the event ... Well everybody knows what happen....the rich got more richer.... And after the poor save medium cake and ready to open wow .... Expect the un expected.... Sadness really exist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I must say that this event was enjoyable. I appreciated the imagination, creativity and hard-work that developers must have put into releasing this event. The City of Windmoore looks just beautiful, such clean crisp graphics, it just blew me away. The new design of the back vanities are very original and I like the bits of humour the makers always add like the sign in Brackenridge about Jarl being on vacation.
    A great energy and spirit was created among guild members during this event. Parties running WT4 and KM3, spontaneous cake openings in guildhall, lots of sharing, saving and dreams of finally affording the items we wanted. Unfortunately the celebrations had to end due to a few players that exploited the gold drops from the medium cakes. I think it's fair to ask, for the players who do actually enjoy farming, crafting and working together; What are the consequences going to be for those few players that exploited the game, forcing STS to make this decision which has caused such a heated debate.
    The actions of these few players set off the chain of events leading up to this moment and they should be held accountable. What was such a joyful celebration has turned into much less.
    On a positive note: thank you STS for your many years of providing such a great gaming experience. Happy 3rd Birthday

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amoonguss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

We want the gold back! A lot of players lost millions of gold cuz of it!!! Wasnt nice sts!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet Tuncay View Post
    l want shadyand surge please remiem yesterday 150 massive open but no shady and surge l need shady and surge please remiem l love you l love arcanelegend
    lmfao. Opening locks=gambling. Your not garented it. In addition, this is off topic o.o
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Grain of salt reply here:

Since my AL departure I am only monitoring guild activities on LINE. Seems like the extra influx of gold was fun over the weekend for everyone, and the hotfix came at the right time before it got too out of control. I see many people who were able to gear up by farming these so called golden cakes. I haven't seen a single, and I mean SINGLE person complain over this and Enigmatic is pretty up there as far as active players in AL. Mates have been able to gear up and seems like the majority of people took advantage of this. I do know of two people in the guild who were able to farm upwards of 40M+ (yes confirmed, they are buying/bought SNS) on this sweet weekend. The majority sat around an extra 6-10M of gold which IMHO isn't going to tear up the economy. StS in no means made any sort of malicious intent with this and by swooping in Monday to break off this adventure was the right thing to do. From what I can tell, the event has been a huge success and there is truly no reason to fret everyone. Check out Enigmatic's Happy Birthday AL Party for what our guild took this event as and I feel best represents what StS designed it to be. Economy fluctuations are normal in video games, and there is zero reason to compare a handful of days extra gold to the months of plat farming that happened in the past. Enjoy everyone and HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I have to ask now, Since mediums dont drop 5k, what is the point of crafting cakes now? Just saying this because no one really likes the event now.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That being said I have nothing else to say than:

Please look at the economy before making horrendous decisions, if anything people posting about the exploit of opening 3 chars to collect cakes should be handed a forums ban for making situations like this public. Nott saying they should be but it is still a better decision than nerfing drop rates.
    While this sounds good I think there are a couple issues.

1. How do you know that one person owns all the accounts? IP addresses only eliminate possible exploiters but it does not confirm them. You could have 4 members of the same family playing individual accounts farming and opening together but all the IP addresses will be the same. Or you could have college friends all playing together in their dorm, same problem.

2. Many players panicked when they saw what was happening with the economy and in a vain attempt to keep up tried using multiple accounts, probably less efficiently. I wouldn't blame those folks, things were going to hell all weekend and their survival instincts kicked in.

3. I suppose you could look at changes in gold accrued over the weekend and see who the top 5-10% earners were but where is the cut off? 300m? 100m? 50m? 10m?.

4. I really don't see how anyone can be punished for STS's lack of foresight. The only punishment I can see is if folks were Plat farming in some way so they could speed crafting. If Plat farming was involved that is a known bannable offense.

I played as much as I could over the weekend but I had kid shuttling duties and leaf raking duties that kept me from playing a ton. I did what I could but while my account says I am 1-2 million richer I feel like it is worth 75% less then what I had last Thursday Morning.

I feel your frustration I just don't think there is a good way to punish anyone other than what I suggested about plat farming and I am not even saying that happened, I have no idea. We are just going to have to deal with another messed up economy until things settle. It's too bad because the economy was just finding its level.

Players need to realize that if you have 1m gold and everyone else has 250k then your rich but if you have 10m gold and a ton of players have 250m gold you are poor. It isn't about the number of 0's in your bank account, it is about how that number compares relative to all the other players. This is simple economics, I suppose if you never took an Economics 101 class in college/university you might not get this but the same applies to real life economics as well. Unfortunately, these cakes tipped the scale unfairly to a few and made the rest of our accounts a lot less valuable in the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xdumbx View Post
    I have to ask now, Since mediums dont drop 5k, what is the point of crafting cakes now? Just saying this because no one really likes the event now.
    Well I'm crafting Large Crates like crazy. The return is more variable and less certain and it requires more work selling jewels you are not interested in but it will be profitable, plus it doesn't hurt the economy because gold is changing hands not being printed out of thin air like Medium Cakes did.

I think Medium Cakes could have worked if the gold drop varied. Say 500, 1k, 2.5k, and 5k. This would have introduced risk which limits exploits. Guaranteed returns can always be exploited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetkitty View Post
    Duh...they didn't report first day because they were not done "exploiting" it themselves.
    I might be a little amused watching the sts golden boy getting put on blast but let's not forget that sts made this event that allowed this to happen. Maybe they will like us to blame each other but it's their own lack of foresight that led to this drama.
    Guess their solution was to cut this off after the rich got richer and after the poor liquidate all their items for medium cakes but just before they open them. Yes...good plan. The poor got poorer and the rich got richer.
    STS intended for people to open intowns gh etc. But as always some greedy people exploited it. To get rich like this you have to be rich in real life,either have 4 devices or fast internet that can keep up with 4 tabs of AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    STS intended for people to open intowns gh etc. But as always some greedy people exploited it. To get rich like this you have to be rich in real life,either have 4 devices or fast internet that can keep up with 4 tabs of AL
    Just a heads up for those who were using the chrome/multiple device/alt account method. I got confirmation that it's considered an exploit and not allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Just a heads up for those who were using the chrome/multiple device/alt account method. I got confirmation that it's considered an exploit and not allowed.
    Quick question, I only play on Tablets and phones. I do log on in Chrome occasionally to check CS etc. but don't actually "play".

Does Chrome support multiple instances of the game in separate tabs? Is that the "exploit" for Chrome? If so I would think STS could somehow check the MAC address of the device and only allow one instance of the game. If the Chrome exploit is something else I just wonder what it is because I find playing on Chrome to be difficult and cumbersome (personal preference I guess).

Additional Thought:

If Multiple devices are considered an exploit and not allowed then PVP kill farmers have been "exploiting" the game for a long time...
    Last edited by Thrindal; 11-17-2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Additional Thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    Quick question, I only play on Tablets and phones. I do log on in Chrome occasionally to check CS etc. but don't actually "play".

Does Chrome support multiple instances of the game in separate tabs? Is that the "exploit" for Chrome? If so I would think STS could somehow check the MAC address of the device and only allow one instance of the game. If the Chrome exploit is something else I just wonder what it is because I find playing on Chrome to be difficult and cumbersome (personal preference I guess).

Additional Thought:

If Multiple devices are considered an exploit and not allowed then PVP kill farmers have been "exploiting" the game for a long time...
    I'm assuming it's extremely difficult to police. I've never heard of anyone getting banned for it, and I'd be surprised if it ever happened. That said, it is considered an exploit and isn't allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post

Additional Thought:

yes some game companies check address of device and actually log you out of every account except the account ur logged into if its on the same device. It's hard to monitor diff devices in same area because it could be you and a friend, family member etc. so its wrong to ban accidently someone who does like that, i know some people in game that are family members and use diff gadgets to play the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    We understand that there is some frustration with today's update. However, we do ask that you keep the discussion civil and constructive at all times. If you haven't seen so already, Remiem made a post explaining this change:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-Medium-Cakes
    Yes sir :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, glad the way I went about making money from the event was legit farming and using multiple toons to craft or stash but they're all on the same email account. Not separate or spread out so even if I tried to log onto them simultaneously it'd log me out on the other device! Learned that on PL years ago! So now my AL conscious is clear :-) lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Yes just a week, average ppl in a week got 7-14m.
    "Smart" ppl in a week got 70-500m.
    So the only way to get gold is from this event ? Before this event everything already cheap and stable..IF they really want something they should be able to buy it by farming (elite/km3 for locks etc) coz the best item in game wasnt worth more than 5million gold, IF this happen longer the previous "5million" worth item becomes 20 million gold, what would u say ? Wait it until it gets cheaper ? Wait till next expasion ? Wait till it becomes outdated? Farming more hard ?
    It's like you've got a big problem, then do what they do. LOL. And ofc as I said, it depends on the players wether they'll sell it for cheap price or high price. And that's the original price last time right? When it's just released. And what did we do? Farm , merch and work hard for it. And it's a good did. At least you know how to get what you want on your own way without asking someone to give you some gold. Many players doesn't need to buy ALL, they're buying what they need. So, it'll still depends on us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

There are players who openly admitted on forums that they exploited it, i personally feel they should receive consequences, but they wont. This is because most of them are heavy plat buyers/influential players. Any response to this post, STS? Or will you just delete

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

They wont answer u like smbdy take love name and transre sns toon.....lol
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This event was decent. I considered it to be above average until this hotfix. This makes farming cakes much harder, I think everybody gave up on this event right after the hotfix.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    There are players who openly admitted on forums that they exploited it, i personally feel they should receive consequences, but they wont. This is because most of them are heavy plat buyers/influential players. Any response to this post, STS? Or will you just delete
    Eh, I think it was tolerated for too long to punish anyone for it. There was a post showing how to do it in a long time ago. I really think stg should be clearer about exploits (with a sticky in the the general section), but they seem to be of the opinion that exploits will be used less if they are kept under the radar.

The players wouldn't have admitted doing it if they knew it wasn't allowed.