Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Hotfix | November 16, 2015

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well... STS successfully made their 3rd Birthday bash EVENTFUL. Now everyone will remember their 3rd Birthday lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When will be the price of arcane pet eggs return to their normal price like it was before the event?Would it take several months?
    Or perhaps in the next event which is winter event where more and more people would open locked chests and there will be increase in arcane pets in the consignment shop?
    AL - Kanyakumari (Rogue), Tantrika (Sorcerer), Vajrabahu (Warrior) DL - Pishacha PL - Vayavya (Archer) SL - Nakshatra (Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeisg View Post
    It's like you've got a big problem, then do what they do. LOL. And ofc as I said, it depends on the players wether they'll sell it for cheap price or high price. And that's the original price last time right? When it's just released. And what did we do? Farm , merch and work hard for it. And it's a good did. At least you know how to get what you want on your own way without asking someone to give you some gold. Many players doesn't need to buy ALL, they're buying what they need. So, it'll still depends on us.
    TBH
    I dont have any problem with that, i have items in my stash that will cost 2x times if this exploit keep continue, if i sell that + gold that i hve now, i will have 100m+ gold, even i do nothing. Who gonna sell arcane/mythic that they got from locked if they already have 500+m in their stash for CHEAP ?. So the original price that u mentioned is like 100m ring, 60m nekro, 25m weapon ?. Player buy what they need, are u really need paragem to play ? If no why many ppl want to bring it back ?. this is mmorpg, ppl want the best item to improve their character, not a real life when u can swap a car to a bike for transportation needs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The Event Let us down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

still waiting for a reply from STS on this situation. Will they do something about it? Or let the heavy plat buyers get away with it as usual, because they can practically shut a good portion of STS down if they all stop buying? I think we all know the truth here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awe..... it was fun when it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, glad the way I went about making money from the event was legit farming and using multiple toons to craft or stash but they're all on the same email account. Not separate or spread out so even if I tried to log onto them simultaneously it'd log me out on the other device! Learned that on PL years ago! So now my AL conscious is clear :-) lol
    Even still, in order to compete with the heavy influence of the plat buying cheaters, one would have to constantly farm and still wouldnt make enough as a cheater would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkluciferx View Post
    Is unfair i have bought 1000 medium cakes, spent 13m and now its 500 gold each med.
    i lost all -.-
    Unfair? Unfair for whom? You? Let me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnnamedGuy View Post
    Unfair? Unfair for whom? You? Let me laugh.
    dont laugh buddy , this is not funny at all that like sts already steal one zero from our golds , do you think this is a joke? well , tell me wat your reason why he cant bought medium cake , tell me who make da medium cake tradeable and tell me again who make da medium cake can drop 5k golds , thats not player fault , are you understand this kid??
    i bet you will cant laugh if someday sts remove you golds from 50m being 5m... pls use your brain before you judge other people !!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Even still, in order to compete with the heavy influence of the plat buying cheaters, one would have to constantly farm and still wouldnt make enough as a cheater would
    I am a very small plat buyer but you have something wrong. Plat Buyers are not cheating if they are playing the game the way STS released it. Plat Farmers are a different animal and they are Cheating, if that exploit still exists. If STS does not programmatically limit you from doing something then they can't say "I know this is possible but don't do it" while wagging their finger at you. Putting out easily obtained "cakes" with 20k (That small cake was worth 5k) inside was bound to get taken advantage of. Game developers in general can't expect players to play nice, they have to expect them to take advantage of any opportunity to get ahead in the game because that is what they want.

Loot has to be carefully thought through in all games, I think it is safe to say STS did not think through all the permutations of how Medium cakes would affect the game. I have questioned STS's thoroughness in testing for a long time but this isn't a testing issue. It worked as coded (which is always the case btw "glitches" or "bugs" don't mysteriously happen they can always be traced back to coding). This was not a coding problem, it was an implementation problem. Implementation problems occur when all potential permutations of how a system can be used are not taken into account.

I don't put this problem on players or any sub-group of players. This one is on STS plain and simple.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    I am a very small plat buyer but you have something wrong. Plat Buyers are not cheating if they are playing the game the way STS released it. Plat Farmers are a different animal and they are Cheating, if that exploit still exists. If STS does not programmatically limit you from doing something then they can't say "I know this is possible but don't do it" while wagging their finger at you. Putting out easily obtained "cakes" with 20k (That small cake was worth 5k) inside was bound to get taken advantage of. Game developers in general can't expect players to play nice, they have to expect them to take advantage of any opportunity to get ahead in the game because that is what they want.

Loot has to be carefully thought through in all games, I think it is safe to say STS did not think through all the permutations of how Medium cakes would affect the game. I have questioned STS's thoroughness in testing for a long time but this isn't a testing issue. It worked as coded (which is always the case btw "glitches" or "bugs" don't mysteriously happen they can always be traced back to coding). This was not a coding problem, it was an implementation problem. Implementation problems occur when all potential permutations of how a system can be used are not taken into account.

I don't put this problem on players or any sub-group of players. This one is on STS plain and simple.

Exactly, STG cannot be put to blame for this...really, how were they supposed to predict the listing prices of medium cakes in AH?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #232
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

At this point I think everyone has made their point. Please remember to keep the posts friendly and civil. There is no need to be insulting each other. Thanks for your understanding!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com