Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion to STS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Suggestion to STS

In my entire gaming life this is the FIRST game I experienced where dev/GM keep changing their game/event mechanics HALFWAY THRU EVENT.

Its unprofessional and making yr players lose faith & respect. It's not making the STS brand name good seriously.

*Time for reflection*

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bameely For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True, so true! Poor people would never reach 1-2m like the players with platinum.... ty sts for ruined the event. Nice .....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well..if they want 500..put 500 from start. Whatever game rules u set - follow it. Usually it's the case of gamers following Dev's game rules/mechanics.

But here at STS its different. Feels like they can be manipulated either by some "preferential" players, or by players' ranting - too often.

Fixing bugs and flip-flopping on game mechanics is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Supporting this, one intelligent person in the community. Let's see some more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

You have my support as well Finally someone who uses his brain properly instead of just plain ol' crying.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Clearly it was a bug and an exploit. Everyone knew it.

We changed it so that we could minimize the damage to the economy. It may not be the most popular solution, but it is the healthiest thing for the game in the long run.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

mesalin

I wasn't even online since like week or two but what they did... Omg.
    Its not fair
    Support

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

We changed it so that we could minimize the damage to the economy. It may not be the most popular solution, but it is the healthiest thing for the game in the long run.

we knew it couldn t stay that way and it was rightfully reverted before the economy is trashed once more. what i don t get is this: the pinata/shaman effigies mechanic is around for a while now and people were using it to collect orc tags since day one. how could this not be expected?

easter and lovecraft event already showed how to bring great loot and earnings for farmers and now the jewel loot is the right way to bring extra goodies imho.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I don't think it will be reverted but yes a short 1 hr notice would have been better. Integrity is important aspect of the game. I didn't have many meds but read a sad post of a guy who hadnt opened a single cake waiting for his friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I'm going to have to back STS on this one.
    They released the content with the original intent of partying with friends, having fun, celebrating AL's 3rd BDay,
    I'm guessing STS doesn't have any psychics who could predict that people would exploit this with multiple devices.

I'd say to STS, in the future, make sure to think of all possible exploits before you release content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

How is it clearly a bug if sts "clearly" said medium cakes gives "5000" in their announcement? Seems like a broken promise type of situation....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skvll For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

If this is a bug from start instead of an after-thought bug, so be it (though it's kinda hard to believe it). Like what Ruizhe said - think of all possible exploits, troubleshoot content before you release.

There were in past instances where content was changed halfway not becos of bug but other factors (players' rant, sts mind-changed etc).

This is a good game and I just want to find some faith back and not always wondering if things will change halfway each time something is release.

Thanks for reading dev.
    Last edited by Bameely; 11-16-2015 at 10:33 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bameely For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I'm going to have to back STS on this one.
    They released the content with the original intent of partying with friends, having fun, celebrating AL's 3rd BDay,
    I'm guessing STS doesn't have any psychics who could predict that people would exploit this with multiple devices.

I'd say to STS, in the future, make sure to think of all possible exploits before you release content
    just a question though .... what's the difference between opening yourself and open with friends ?
    I would argue it's even faster to open with friends then self.
    For example, if takes 1 hr to make 25 medium cake , so in the time it takes 1 person to make 25 cake, the group of 4 have 100 cake.

The group of 4 spend the same amount time farming and crafting as the person doing solo, but gained 375k each instead of 125k for the person doing it solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    just a question though .... what's the difference between opening yourself and open with friends ?
    For example, if takes 1 hr to make 25 medium cake , so in the time it takes 1 person to make 25 cake, the group of 4 have 100 cake.

The group of 4 spend the same amount time farming and crafting as the person doing solo, but gained 375k each instead of 125k for the person doing it solo.
    I agree with you, I thought we was suppose to open the medium cakes and recieve what sts told us we would recieve so how is this exploiting if we was doing what we was allowed to do?
    But to sts don't tell us things to later take it away from us...Happy 3rd birthday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I miss it already.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

If I'm not wrong it's because some players have many devices. They form their own toon party to open cakes. They get all the gold + small cakes. They then can craft again using the small cakes or sell for more gold. These people don't farm, they don't craft.

Zeus mentioned about some bots out there too. Basically bots just don't play the game. They don't farm, they don't craft. Just programmed to do something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bameely View Post
    If I'm not wrong it's because some players have many devices. They form their own toon party to open cakes. They get all the gold + small cakes. They then can craft again using the small cakes or sell for more gold. These people don't farm, they don't craft.

Zeus mentioned about some bots out there too. Basically bots just don't play the game. They don't farm, they don't craft. Just programmed to do something.
    but if you think about what i mentioned above, even for buying, i'm sure 4 people buying is faster than 1 person buying (multi device or not)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

but if you think about what i mentioned above, even for buying, i'm sure 4 people buying is faster than 1 person buying (multi device or not)
    seriously - idk. So far I've only done it the 'proper' way - farm, craft, open with friends.

I supposed some bots heavily exploited the medium cakes. These r the one who most probably are hoarders of good stuff. Cos these r the ones who are most probably the richest of the rich. And becos of these people, STS instead of banning these bots/exploiters - decides to pull a stint n everyone suffers. Including legit players who farm diligently, craft diligently and open the cakes with friends or guildies.

That's when everyone starts to rant. And won't be surprised that the 'exploiters' themselves requested or wants a stop to this after exploiting it from the start - they make enuff and wants a stop to prevent others from making same.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bameely For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bameely View Post
    seriously - idk. So far I've only done it the 'proper' way - farm, craft, open with friends.

I supposed some bots heavily exploited the medium cakes. These r the one who most probably are hoarders of good stuff. Cos these r the ones who are most probably the richest of the rich. And becos of these people, STS instead of banning these bots/exploiters - decides to pull a stint n everyone suffers. Including legit players who farm diligently, craft diligently and open the cakes with friends or guildies.

That's when everyone starts to rant. And won't be surprised that the 'exploiters' themselves requested or wants a stop to this after exploiting it from the start - they make enuff and wants a stop to prevent others from making same.
    Maybe i'm wrong, but i have a feeling the issue isnt just bots alone. i have friends who farm and buys cake, and they made a millions just by opening together (the "proper way")

Im guessing sts just didn't expect us to farm soo many cake and underestimated the community's farming ability... and now they realized that too much gold have been added into the game due to this
    Last edited by eugene9707; 11-16-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

From what I heard, people were using their many devices, and opening cakes while in a party with their other accounts, then transferring all the gold to their main account.
    Opening with friends states that you open with your friends, and each person gets something, and not all the gold/rewards go to only one person