Thread: This is a idea ive had for along time! not a bad idea or rant!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb This is a idea ive had for along time! not a bad idea or rant!!

First let me start by saying I'm not ranting or " flaming" I'm learning! ( high fives himself). I would think it would be nice to have something set up so that after we purchase a new face or " look" we get to keep it instead of paying 5 plat to go back to a old one we once had. Now I'm not expecting any compensation for wut I've purchased in the past. U have my word u won't see any rants or flame post if this happens. I just think it would go along great with vanity items. Like skull face goes good with shadow gear case it makes ears black but not with crown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol yea i know many people who have/had that issue

haha seems to me like u have a ref for flaming? XD
    55 dex Bird DEXMANN
    30 engineer DEXMANN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I like this idea, I have purchased... hmm IDK about 10-25 plat on faces alone and there is always one i want to go back to but it costs more money! We should go with this idea fellas
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I remember this being suggested when the new faces came out... But, no harm in repeating a great idea I guess

So with that out of the way, here's another point of view: Your 'face' is a bit like your identity, and that might get lost if faces would be changeable for free. Keeping faces for plat ensures (a little) that people will not change their faces all too many times, in turn making you a bit more 'identifiable' for your friends in the game. I'd like to see more customization though, so that not every 3 friends with the same class run around with exactly the same face.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I remember this being suggested when the new faces came out... But, no harm in repeating a great idea I guess

So with that out of the way, here's another point of view: Your 'face' is a bit like your identity, and that might get lost if faces would be changeable for free. Keeping faces for plat ensures (a little) that people will not change their faces all too many times, in turn making you a bit more 'identifiable' for your friends in the game. I'd like to see more customization though, so that not every 3 friends with the same class run around with exactly the same face.
    Okay how about not completely free, 2 plat for re-changing faces sounds quite reasonable
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

+1. I'd buy more faces if this happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    Okay how about not completely free, 2 plat for re-changing faces sounds quite reasonable
    Don't get me wrong, personally, I'm all for the possibility to swap your purchased faces for free. I would probably change my face every hour or so LOL I was just offering an alternative view on the matter

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

Thats not really true, because to buy the face you need to pay 5 plat, so most people will only change their face once.
    There are joining alot of new players lately which most of em (including me for the most time) try to live on tapjoy offers.
    So most people will change their face once, and buy more usefull thing like dungeons or inv slots.
    Haha btw that panda face you have now, fits your name better, lol
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Thats not really true, because to buy the face you need to pay 5 plat, so most people will only change their face once.
    There are joining alot of new players lately which most of em (including me for the most time) try to live on tapjoy offers.
    So most people will change their face once, and buy more usefull thing like dungeons or inv slots.
    Haha btw that panda face you have now, fits your name better, lol
    I have plenty of friends who change their faces fairly regularly. And I have certainly spent over 50plat already changing the faces of my different toons. You said the panda face matches my char better, but that was the face I bought first. That was the whole reason I renamed my bear to IKungFuPanda. But later I changed it briefly to another face where I don't remember the name of, to change it to the 'cyber' bear, and in the end change it back to a Panda face.

But anyway, thanks for saying the panda face suits me better, I agree on that

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Great idea!

PL-Mageulous, Fyscikal, Affluential, Lifetech, Foxtastic
    AL-Mageulous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm far from trying to start a debate...I just believe u should be able to keep a vanity "look" even after u buy another no diff from head phones to a cow boy hat! I get to keep thoughs after 5 plat and change when u want ....so why not faces? Plz don't argue. That would just make it harder for devs. just agree or disagree with orig post Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xantor View Post
    I'm far from trying to start a debate...I just believe u should be able to keep a vanity "look" even after u buy another no diff from head phones to a cow boy hat! I get to keep thoughs after 5 plat and change when u want ....so why not faces? Plz don't argue. That would just make it harder for devs. just agree or disagree with orig post Ty
    So you get to have faces as a vanity helm, I get it! Jk...This doesnt effect me, I have never changed faces :P If there was a face that matched my profile picture to the left......then I might :P
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

i have to say i have only ever changed my face (cyber face for my awesome lv 10 twink ) , but i have to say that if faces could be changed back it would be just like another vanity hat. i like faces because they are "different". They arent like everything else in the game. i personally think that faces are better as a face and not a "vanity mask" as many posts in this thread are making them out to be... just my .02$
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/