Thread: Barrels in the Swamps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Barrels in the Swamps

Before when we had to blow up the barrels for the McCrocs in the Scalefield area we were able to just click on the barrel if we had a torch in our inventory and light the barrel.

Now, you have to have the torch equipped in order to light the barrel which is very inconvenient.

If this isn't a conscious change by the devs than it's a kinda annoying bug.
    Last edited by NeoQueen; 06-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I played through the swamps months ago I had to equip the torch to burn the barrels. So if they did change it it was a while back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jjesus86 View Post
    When I played through the swamps months ago I had to equip the torch to burn the barrels. So if they did change it it was a while back.
    I'm just now trying to do the quests on a newer character. I wonder what the change was for? It's much easier to just click on the barrels than equip the torch and possibly die.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Yeah, I noticed this too a week ago and was pretty sure that it used to be easier in the past. I ran with a group and we had to make a designated torch holder who would just blow the barrels and we would protect them. It is quite annoying to have to do solo, and I cannot imagine why it would be changed on purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Probably to make it more realistic. You can't light something on fire if the thing you need is still in your backpack or whatever. Just clear the area and then blow up the barrel.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Torches in FH can be lit without a torch, why make one quest more "realistic" while leaving another very similar task untouched?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 06-04-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dunno. I was just trying to make an assumption as to why it was changed. The torches in FH don't have a specific item required to light them.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Agreed, but the torch is a level 1 item and it wouldn't be necessary until FH4 so they could drop before then. Just saying, it's something to light and it doesn't require a tool, the swamp barrels is just a bit much the way it currently is.