Based from my observations in comparisons between PL and other games in terms of buffs, it seemed pretty clear that,

In PL, the buffs the character can use (Iron Blood/Evade/Rage for bears, Shield/BoM/BoV for mages, Focus/Evade for birds) actually make or break a character, especially in pvp.

Stemming from that, I was thinking that the self-cast buffs that each class has, buffs that only a class can get and are not from someone else (like Revive buff, small BoM/BoV buff), should not be a deciding factor between a win or a lose. Unfortunately, in PL, that is the case I've noticed. Whoever has buffs on will win a fight or mass pvp fight even if the opponent doesn't really do much.

IMO, the biggest buffs characters should be able to obtain are from the support class/type of characters, in our mmorpg terms, the healer/Mage. Although classes should have individual buffs, I don't think they should be that extreme, and should only act as a bonus. Furthermore, the strength of self-buffs shouldn't be what makes a character a tank, a DPS, or anything for the fact - that's what character builds are for.

This would do two things, IMO.

Make the healer/mage class all the more sought after. If the best buffs came from them, who wouldn't want them in a group?

It'd balance out pvp by removing that almost inevitable alternate killing due to the also alternating buffs that each character has.

Although I agree that buff rotation and buff timing are extremely important in defining player skill, at the moment I feel that buffs do more than what the actual player can do. Well, in PL at least.

What do you think should happen in SL?