Thread: Hey, Is it worth to start playing AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Hey, Is it worth to start playing AL?

I havent played since the level 16 cap, i go my warrior at 16 and my question is:

Should I start playing Al again?
    Is it very hard to new players to become something on this game, like become rich.
    Is it very hard to get gold on this game? I see things on Auction that its cost is more than 10m, I only have 3k now xDDD and only made like 70k when 16 cap, all from farming so many hours/days and only a 80k drop. I guess the only way to get gold are drops, are they really hard? Like u only get them by buying elixirs? Thx for help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's not really "so" hard to get gold. Lvl to 46 and farm events, i earn about 1m+ in events. By the way you missed an event , the birthday event lol that was making good gold... i made 4.5m

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

mesalin

Well if you wanna make money faster, play with mage or rogue. Warriors are not so powerful in endgame now cause somebody don't care about them
    Like sellings said.
    Its not so hard to make gold. Save for leprechaun pendant and try farm rengol crates which are 8-16k ( depends on time. In events they are high)
    Join guild where you can get tips and people will help you with map if its just too hard. If you really warrior lover then continue play, i just suggest to get rogue or mage. Get leprechaun, farm locked crates for good gear. Best place is Kraken mines 3. For low lvl it's ydra forest. ( jarl don't drop lockeds anymore) idk if lvl cap16 had locks but just for let you know haha.
    If you need more info about game or tips where to best lvl up. Skill builds etc just check forum, pm me here or catch in game ( ign mesachuu) , Or ask below
    Our best community will help you for sure! Good luck !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Careful with some of the gear that you have left. You may have a few 'classics' that are now worth tons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Very difficult to level up having hard time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If u are lvl16 u should have some "old stuff " heraldic or crier.. enough to get start to merch.. if not.. ur ***** **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Hey Nae,

Welcome back and your best bet is cap a rogue or Mage and join a endgame guild such as enigmatic / Deviant misfits / Elite runners and farm endgame and especially events too. If you are a plat buyer you can probably make 4-4.5 mil per 1.7k plat but theirs more efficient ways than that but none the less. Get someone 'trusted' to check what items you have left over from when you last played you never know you might have something worth about now in your inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

if u have crier for rouge ill make u rich right now
    Line ID: Amborion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amborion View Post
    if u have crier for rouge ill make u rich right now
    You wanna cry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Hi and welcome back
    May I suggest you don't absolutely delete anything from your invent, list what you have (level, rarity and all) and post to this thread so we can help you out? Or as Ssneaky suggested you could ask someone to check out your stuff.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Hey Nae,

Welcome back and your best bet is cap a rogue or Mage and join a endgame guild such as enigmatic / Deviant misfits / Elite runners and farm endgame and especially events too. If you are a plat buyer you can probably make 4-4.5 mil per 1.7k plat but theirs more efficient ways than that but none the less. Get someone 'trusted' to check what items you have left over from when you last played you never know you might have something worth about now in your inventory.
    Luckily for me I made 7mill from 75plat !!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The game has changed radically since you've played, mostly for the better. Read the Player's Guide section in the forums, that'll help you get started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

If you have green and or red arlor sets, you are set to get a ton of gear.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If you dont have any collectible items from S1 or if you are not a P2W player or if you think you will have the best gear with hard farming, don't waste your time.

Sorry if i'm mean. But this is the truth. AL is in the worst season EVER atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signature credits to Bellaelda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Yes worst season ever with locks at 11-12k where last season they were at 7-8k before winter LAWL

yes worst season EVER with 4-5 alternative farming methods (albeit not a lot of choice), still better than just km3 and AR and Arcane pet prices beyond the pocket of any f2p player. Yes SnS has been added to massive rengols with a minute chance to loot one but still better than no SnS whatsoever.

The developers are trying their best to make AL more fun and laid back, stress on the word trying think cutting them some slack for glintstone sets for underpowered classes and providing new mythics available to anyone with an exorbitant amount of gold or a ridiculous amount of time in their hands is just what most of Arlor wanted.
    Do you think its better than previous seasons just before there are 4-5 areas to farm? Did you know that there are players that doesn't like pve farm so they make money by merching and even this is very hard because this is a better season so all mythic/arcane items are holded by newbies selling their items just for 2-3k cheaper than auction price? Did you know how hard it is to be a warrior in this season? Did you know it would cost about 60-70m that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to farm in an expansion that you can make only 30k from the MOST EXPENSIVE LOOT which is extremly rare... for each class(maybe a bit less for warrior) to reach "The BEST Gear".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Yes(since I think you mean because not before), having a choice to farm different areas is a plus point in my book.

Those people who " merch" can still merch just now farming pays off better, having more people online and farming means good things for the developers. Hopefully they realise the expansion has made servers laggy due to so many people logging in(burden on servers is evident on this side of the globe).

People who are selling items for 2-3kk cheaper are newbies? So newbies should wait for you to sell your items before undercutting you by 3-4k which BTW is still better than 1g undercutting.

Did you know how hard it was to be a mage/rogue/warrior who is trying to play f2p for the past 2 seasons? Especially when you are just starting off and people are sitting on 50-100m from the earlier seasons and you have to spend 10x(just an estimate I'm betting this is exponentially high) the time farming locked crates at 5k?

60-70m for what!? Nothing is that expensive this expansion, nothing!

Last season it was 90-100m for an AR? With pink drops which could only be farmed by well geared people at 400k-2m at best.

Whereas this expansion right off when expansion was out runes were selling at 5-10m? Let's just forget drops from elite maps which BTW aren't that bad considering fangs r at 30k and literally Antoine can farm them. 3 x locks which is an event crate is 90k which is more than pink drop from elite rengol at the end of last expansion.

OP gear like AR nd mythic weapons r 3-7m previous season mythic weapons were at 10m+ and AR and Arcane pets were out of anyone who "farms"'s. foreseeable future.

What I would like to ask you is to you speak for the farming community or the community who wants an OP item which would be more p2p acquired than f2p, since I doubt any warriors would complain about the new mythic set. Just my view point as a casual farmer.
    First of all, i was talking about the newbies selling items 3-4k cheaper THAN CS through trade window. Not undercutting. This is ridiculous.

I have always been a F2P player, but i have never had problems about money because i know how to gain money.

I didn't make a calculation when typing my previous comment. Having THE BEST gear doesnt require 60-70m. You are a mage, aren't you?
    Mythic set 20m
    Planar pendant 3m
    So there just 3 items.(i don't count glintstone ring and pendant) so this means 9 upgrade slots. I was talking about THE BEST gear. So you need to put 9x eye gems on your gear.
    9x eye gems 45m
    Belt with 3 eyes 8m
    Arc ring with para and 2 eyes 15m
    And ofc weapon. As i know wisdom gun is about 4-5m. You must put 3 more eyes on it too. so 15m more...
    I'm too lazy to calculate those.. But you got what i meant with "The Best Gear"

Last edited by Shackler; 12-04-2015 at 01:09 PM.