Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Mega Mage vs. Sewer Queen's

Mega Mage set (gemstone staff+without bonus):
    36 int, 24 M/s, 184-222 base dmg, 101 armor
    Sewer Queen's set:
    36 int, 18 H/s, 18 M/s, 174-216 base dmg, 95 armor

If my addition is correct, then these are the correct stats. I didnt use a calculator, so correct me if you see a mistake.
    Last edited by BlackRyder; 03-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i sense the random is great in this one.
    BlackRyder Lv 55 Fury pally CharcoalRyder Lv 52 Pure Archer OnyxRyder Lv 25 DEX/STR Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Add in the set bonuses for mega mage - it isn't a fair comparison without them.

Otherwise, it's clear that mega mage is the better of the two. The loss in health regen is acceptable, given the higher damage and increase in armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Add in the set bonuses for mega mage - it isn't a fair comparison without them.

Otherwise, it's clear that mega mage is the better of the two. The loss in health regen is acceptable, given the higher damage and increase in armor.
    Actually, it is a fair comparison because Sewer Queen's doesnt have a set bonus even if you equip all items in the set.
    Last edited by BlackRyder; 03-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    BlackRyder Lv 55 Fury pally CharcoalRyder Lv 52 Pure Archer OnyxRyder Lv 25 DEX/STR Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

If you have the full mega mage set, you get a set bonus. Sewer Queen doesn't give one. I fail to see how you think that not adding a set bonus gives an apples to apples comparison when in the real game, level 55 mega mage (gemstone staff/helm/robes) does give the set bonus. Even so, without the set bonus, mega mage is the better of the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, but mages could really use the extra regen for both mana and health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRyder View Post
    Yeah, but mages could really use the extra regen for both mana and health
    YEah, but Mega Mage has higher mana regen,and mages really don't need health regen, they can heal at will ( minus cooldown of course ) and if the bear in the group is any good the mages shouldn't take .much damage. I really like the look of the sewer queen set though. Anyone know if a set bonus will be added eventually?
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have run into so many groups when the bear sucked and either the archer or the mage is tanking, so, i will need it, and 6 M/s isnt much of a sacrifice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have run into so many groups when the bear sucked and either the archer or the mage is tanking, so, i will need it, and 6 M/s isnt much of a sacrifice
    loss of 2 damage, 2 armour and 2 M/S on each SQ gear, it is a big sacrifice

not surprised why the prices of SQ gear drop so fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's 6 each, not much of a difference. Regen is a lot more important to me than armor. The health will regenerate a lot more quickly than it would if you took it away and added the armor, damage, and the M/s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sorry, h/s does you nothing in the middle of a mad mob battle, it cannot keep up with heavy mob damage...but armor can help far more, in those cases where you are getting clobbered. Mana shield, one of a mage's most important defenses, eats a lot of mana...as do party buffs/debuffs if you are casting as fast as you can. Having the extra m/s from the MM set helps. Not to mention if you use the MM gemstone wand, you get extra potential damage from the proc of the wand.

I am not saying one is better than the other....just providing an alternative way to look at it. However, SQ is much cheaper at the moment too.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-12-2011 at 03:52 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The 6 armor will only help you a little, barely enough to count, same for the H/s, but its worth it, IMO. And, yes, it is cheaper right now, but that might change if the devs decide to add set bonuses.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm really hoping a set bonus will come out for the Sewers Queen's set. The damage and armor for mega mage set is good, but truly i have no insterest in 2 extra M/S. As you get to higher levels, the damage rate for everyone rises and the extra 2 m/s simply makes the slightest, yet no even noticeable difference. I will in fact say that the 6 h/s you get from every piece of the set does make a difference. I believe you only have around 8 h/s with mega mages set, but you have around 21-22 h/s with sewer's- which i find nice having in situations where your mana is drained from the shield and you need to let your health regenerate.

Also, ever thought of a mix? Don't think it's much effective either, but just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And, besides, what happens if you are in the middle of a fight with no pots and your mana shield depleted. M/s doesnt help the cooldown for skills speed up. H/s and Heal is the only way to stay alive, so the H/s does actually make a difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Even without the bonus I like the sewer queen set. I looks different and I really don't need more mana than what it offers at least for BS runs. I am using it with the Crown of persistence since it offers 2 more damage and more armor although don't know why but it only offers h/s which we mages don't need so that's a wasted stat. This is my preference since on damage its pretty much equal and with the crown of persistence I have more armor.

But to be honest Mega mage is the best set unless STS adds a set bonus to the sewer queen set.

And, besides, what happens if you are in the middle of a fight with no pots and your mana shield depleted. M/s doesnt help the cooldown for skills speed up. H/s and Heal is the only way to stay alive, so the H/s does actually make a difference
    If that happens then you where not prepared imo. Still h/s is a wasted stat for mages I only care about the rest of the stats h/s is the last thing I want, armor is much better.
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-12-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The 6 armor will only help you a little, barely enough to count, same for the H/s, but its worth it, IMO. And, yes, it is cheaper right now, but that might change if the devs decide to add set bonuses.
    6 armor in real battle is quite useful against mobs. That is 6 less damage x the number of hits that you take. Remember, H/s has a delay before it works. The only real class that can take advantage of it is bear because of their high armor and their high hp. Plus bears have high dodge. Dodge is another very useful stat against damage that mages unfortunately don't have much of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

And, besides, what happens if you are in the middle of a fight with no pots and your mana shield depleted.
    In PvE, if you run out of mana pots during a fight, that is just poor planning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

M/S makes it far less likely that your mana shield will be depleted for mage in the first place.

Heal and drain life are the main ways to stay alive. You should not have to use pots very often as mage - in fact, probably the least of the 3 classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

6 armor in real battle is quite useful against mobs. That is 6 less damage x the number of hits that you take. Remember, H/s has a delay before it works. The only real class that can take advantage of it is bear because of their high armor and their high hp. Plus bears have high dodge. Dodge is another very useful stat against damage that mages unfortunately don't have much of.
    Bears have so much more armor than pure mages do, so that's why it makes such a big difference.

If you have 18 H/s, then your health fills up a lot faster than you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    In PvE, if you run out of mana pots during a fight, that is just poor planning
    Yes, but sometimes, you dont even pay attention. Everyone has to have had that moment where they are by themselves, and they run out of both pots and money, in those situations, I'd prefer the 18 H/s over the 6 M/s that i lost to get it.

M/S makes it far less likely that your mana shield will be depleted for mage in the first place.

Heal and drain life are the main ways to stay alive. You should not have to use pots very often as mage - in fact, probably the least of the 3 classes.
    When i meant depleted, i was refering to what happens when you use the shield and it times out, then you have to wait for the cooldown process.

Drain life takes a long time to cool down. Heal may be quicker, but if youre surrounded by mobs, your done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yes, but sometimes, you dont even pay attention. Everyone has to have had that moment where they are by themselves, and they run out of both pots and money, in those situations, I'd prefer the 18 H/s over the 6 M/s that i lost to get it.
    Uh.....I have never run out of mana pots on my mage. Ever

That's like going to a gunfight with no bullets. Asking for a whuppin'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

When i meant depleted, i was refering to what happens when you use the shield and it times out, then you have to wait for the cooldown process.

Drain life takes a long time to cool down. Heal may be quicker, but if youre surrounded by mobs, your done.
    Mana shield has a 12 second cooldown and a 29 second recharge. First, you should never use mana shield until your hp is 2/3, if not less. Second, if you aren't confident enough that you can take down a crowd in between mana shield recharges, you should not be charging in. Let the others charge first and follow up.

Consider what you are saying:
    Heal on a pure int heals on average, 202 with wand and bracer combo. It has a 3 second combo. Lets allow a bit of time for reaction time and you've got effectively 60 H/S when you want it. You are saying that 30% increase is that significant - and remember, heal is instant. Health regen has a delay. You are going to either have to drink 2-3 health pots right away or die either way in that situation.

As for not paying attention to your mana - it's right below the health bar; I don't see how a person could miss it unless they forgot about paying attention to their health bar too. You need to pay attention to everything - the situation, health/mana bars, and your abilities recharging. No matter what your build and your class, you must pay attention to all 3 and be aware of all 3 at once. In the event that you really don't pay attention to your mana and just your health ... all the more reason why higher mana regen is more important.