No.
    Don't get high on your own supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noctale View Post
    No.
    IMO that was a VERY intricate, in depth response to the question above ... does anyone else have any opinions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noctale View Post
    No.
    Ow yes you can. I'll give a very simple example, but there are many more: often, superior blade steel sells for 8-9k. While a gemstone setting, which can be crafted with 5 steels, gets sold easily for 60k-70k. Now, this doesn't hold true always, when the sum of the components surpass the price of the crafted item. People often don't know that gemstone settings, basic xxx... can be crafted from lesser components, and are therefore willing to pay way more than the sum of its components. I'm not saying you should make money off of uninformed people, I'm just saying that it's possible to make money from crafting. It's all about buying the components, and selling the crafted parts at the right time.

That being said, don't expect to get rich from it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Ow yes you can. I'll give a very simple example, but there are many more: often, superior blade steel sells for 8-9k. While a gemstone setting, which can be crafted with 5 steels, gets sold easily for 60k-70k. Now, this doesn't hold true always, when the sum of the components surpass the price of the crafted item. People often don't know that gemstone settings, basic xxx... can be crafted from lesser components, and are therefore willing to pay way more than the sum of its components. I'm not saying you should make money off of uninformed people, I'm just saying that it's possible to make money from crafting. It's all about buying the components, and selling the crafted parts at the right time.

That being said, don't expect to get rich from it
    My bad. :O
    (I thought he meant something else) =}
    Don't get high on your own supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

iam making a lot money with crafting materials! thanks devs for implementing it!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Sure, all you have to do are a few quick quests and you're awarded with an item that can be useful to some. All of the items are usually in CS, but there are some that are much higher than others, namely Superior Steel, Premium Wood and Fine fabrics (cloth, plate, leather). These items can carry a price of about ~10k each and sometimes if you craft them into larger parts they can become more expensive.

I know that JayB mentioned this but I'm not sure that it's taking advantage of the uninformed but rather capitalizing on the lazy/impatient players. In order to craft larger parts it takes 5 components and if they're all the same, then that is 5 days. Some don't want to wait that long and are willing to pay for the item faster. Sometimes there are say 5 Superior Steel in CS, but two are for 9k two more for 12k and a third for 20k so if there is a Gemstone Setting for 60k you're saving a bit of gold. It would be best to purchase the two 9k steels and wait for more to be listed, but again impatient players.

Now I don't know your level, but if you're running in BS then crafting can be profitable. If you're talking about the orange scraps that are dropped in FH and given in various daily quests, those are pretty much worthless even when crafted into larger components. I'm not saying don't keep them, but you're waiting for one specific person to want to craft the lower lever gear and they're not as abundant as they used to be. Plus, with all of the opportunities to earn these items themselves it's much quicker to just complete the quests to get them than it is compared to BS craftables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone give me an exact example of something to try to craft. I have no money and I'm level 48 btw..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

You just gotta do the quests and craft with what you get and loot. You can loot those components like scraps of stuff. You can sell the components but to go completely on loot is very hard because of the recipe and all the other stuff. It could take a very long time and end up with a amount of gold you may not be happy with.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

meet me in game, ive got a recipe you can have to get you started.

also you can make money from crafting, sell wat you craft. i made a level 5 blacksmiths plate armor probly a month ago and i made about 80k off of it.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I sold a gemstone setting for 100k not too long ago.

I'll put one up if I can get 65k+ on it.

Steel fluctuates quite a bit. Since I'm actually trying to craft some gear right now I won't sell unless I can get 12k+.

Woods I'll put up if I can get 12k+. These days I might "settle" for 11k.

Other scraps I'll put up if I've got a bunch of extras and can get 10k+.

Panels I'll put up if I can get 55k+.

I wouldn't really bother with a lot of the other "base/basic" stuff since there typically aren't as many eyes on those items. But, you never know who might be desperate for a 1H Blade at 3AM. They just might be willing to pay 125k for one if it means being able to craft quickly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.