Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: not only they fixed the aegis' bug, but they also nerf it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Oo dealing damage and taunting...

IMO the proc is fine as long it's just taunt, 10 hits and u proc would make warriors OP versus mages(cuz of DoT) and PvE maps where taunting rewards warrior with an increased damage output...
    I have no idea on what basis you made warriors OP! Aegis was working fine since its release in game, no one complained and you are saying it makea warriors OP?? I don't understand your defination of OP XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Angry

Same ol coconut like the bulwark case back then. And after so long sts still didn't improve.
    You could say they are true to themselves in case of such failures.

Sts why don't you just patch out warrior from Al? Just give mage lil armor n health boost and et viola the perfect aoe cnc machine alongside the one button smahsh class..

I wish for this desaster i could transfer the stash from warrior to my smurf and a refund on platinum i purchased for the warrior.

#no more platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

3 days didnt login, they nerf aegis when im trying to sell one LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It was OP based on how warriors could switch weapons and keep proc.

It was OP based on how much faster tombs was for warriors, I've seen warriors clear 2 rooms in kt4 just by making pulls.

Those r the basis, something that isn't work as it was intended to, if anything warriors should be asking for a higher damage from procure or a knock back from proc instead of reverting it back to the bugged much abused version.

P.S.: it would have made warriors OP in PvP, after the incoming juggbuff, I'm glad STS fixed this glitch before buffing warriors.

What has standing on top of warrior(as rong as that sounds) got to do with taunt. Think you are enunciating about the auto attack but can never be too sure.
    You stated that the proc would be OP against Mage which is why I'm confused. You stand on top of the warrior when fighting? The proc rarely hits me.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Now I don't know if the fix or nerf of the warrior mythic weapon proc mechanics was intentional or an unintentional by-product of them trying to mainly fix the exploit of switching weapons and still maintaining the proc (this exploit imo was rightfully fixed). But the fact remains that this is a large step backwards for warriors in this game. Look, we all know the weapon is horrible in PVP. Nothing has changed there. However, in PVE the original proc mechanics made warriors more useful and wanted in parties, especially with elite mobs. The new proc rate has now decreased to such a low rate (much lower than the proc rate of bows) and combine that with the very very low proc damage has made this weapon very weak. So what little advantage warriors gained to become more useful in PVE is now gone. To require warriors to proc the weapon by stacking auto attack with a weapon that auto attacks at the rate of a sloth or turtle is just plain bad. Then when the weapon finally procs we do a whopping 150 damage to the mobs surrounding us.....really? While rogue bows now proc way more often and do insane crit damage in the thousands?

Another big issue is STG had decided to place a much lower base armor bonus to the weapon because they anticipated that the weapon proc would be often enough for a decent constant armor buff. Well guess what....now the weapon barely procs and we dont get any armor boost 75% of the time while running maps. So essentially warriors got a "new" mythic weapon with a worse armor bonus than the old bulwark.

Regardless if the original proc mechanics of allowing the proc to occur with attack skills was intentional or not.....it actually made the weapon viable and helped with reducing the classism against warriors. STG as a warrior lover, please look into this matter.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 12-05-2015 at 02:10 AM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This game becomes more hilarious by the day, the guy who complained about the proc moving to other weapons, is now putting a video on something else about the weapon. Sts makes a major stuff up by reducing the weapons potency..(which was never the problem) I mean as a developer/programmer how hard can it be to change such a tiny thing?

Should i go the easy way sts? Change to a rogue, use my easy 30/40m i made from the cake bug, or get gold buy other means which many others do, buy awesome gear and then go bully everyone, be op have a loud mouth, and only want fast runs?

Btw you guys are quick to cite me for vulgar language, but very slow to fix things that actually matter in this game. Perhaps if you stop messing around people who actually spend a lot on this game and actually make the game enjoyable again, i wouldn't have to rant at your incompetence.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Now I don't know if the fix or nerf of the warrior mythic weapon proc mechanics was intentional or an unintentional by-product of them trying to mainly fix the exploit of switching weapons and still maintaining the proc (this exploit imo was rightfully fixed). But the fact remains that this is a large step backwards for warriors in this game. Look, we all know the weapon is horrible in PVP. Nothing has changed there. However, in PVE the original proc mechanics made warriors more useful and wanted in parties, especially with elite mobs. The new proc rate has now decreased to such a low rate (much lower than the proc rate of bows) and combine that with the very very low proc damage has made this weapon very weak. So what little advantage warriors gained to become more useful in PVE is now gone. To require warriors to proc the weapon by stacking auto attack with a weapon that auto attacks at the rate of a sloth or turtle is just plain bad. Then when the weapon finally procs we do a whopping 150 damage to the mobs surrounding us.....really? While rogue bows now proc way more often and do insane crit damage in the thousands?

Another big issue is STG had decided to place a much lower base armor bonus to the weapon because they anticipated that the weapon proc would be often enough for a decent constant armor buff. Well guess what....now the weapon barely procs and we dont get any armor boost 75% of the time while running maps. So essentially warriors got a "new" mythic weapon with a worse armor bonus than the old bulwark.

Regardless if the original proc mechanics of allowing the proc to occur with attack skills was intentional or not.....it actually made the weapon viable and helped with reducing the classism against warriors. STG as a warrior lover, please look into this matter.
    I totally agree to every point , this made warriors able to party again instead of standing looking for one. The agroo from proc allowed them to fulfill their role as tanks again.

Pls sts fix this, so unfair, plat users spend real money on this things. I feel as buying something and then getting an entire different thing. This is a huge change on the weapon.
    Last edited by Hellsunk; 12-05-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Hang on a moment. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the weapon only proc when the warrior using the Aegis HITS something, as opposed to getting hit by enemies? Or am I reading the description wrong/looking at how the Aegis works wrong?

When the warrior attack 10 enemies, the shield explodes and damages all who are near to the warrior. What happens is that the attack skills cause damage in 4 or 3 enemies, which generated rapid explosions. But now the attack skill not activate the proc, making slow proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

think the taunting means one tic of damage dealt by enemies. I used to think it only procs when damage is dealt to the warrior and nott by.

That being said I agree with a massive chunk of midis post, my only concerns lie in PvP where an incoming jugg buff would mean if glintstone aegis workings weren't fixed warriors would have another time frame in the future where they are OP.

At the danger off going off topic(nott really) I would like to point out the glintstone gun wep proc too,which hardly benefits the mages in PvP and comparing that to the glintstone bow proc(which hits in the thousands and procs even with obstacles between the rogue and the opponent).

That being said I think the aegis proc damage on the stack of 10 should be a lot more than a measly 150, either that or nerf the bow damage and proc<_<
    Taunt, means that enemies ignore the presence of the other class. And they will only attack the warrior.
    Last edited by soon; 12-05-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I know what it means lol, what does it mean by taunt on the proc description?

The ambiguity of every skill/item proc description in Arlor makes for an iffy thing to argue about. Does it mean taunt skills activating proc or every mob taunted by warrior and attacking the warrior counts for s proc?

Edit:, nvm the proc taunts enemies, e.e

Ok man, I understood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hang on a moment. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the weapon only proc when the warrior using the Aegis HITS something, as opposed to getting hit by enemies? Or am I reading the description wrong/looking at how the Aegis works wrong?
    That's the other thing I was wondering..but I figured he was talking about a complete revision of the Aegis proc.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Yeeeeeaahhh that's why I felt that had to be clarified first... because from my understanding the armor buffs stack with each hit by the tank on an enemy unit, to a point where 10 buffs are stacked after which the stacked armor explodes for an AoE damage effect. Am just stating this for the benefit of explaining why the nerf is so bad... because I think you are missing the point.

The procs taunts enemies, that we have established. And the reason why the Aegis was so good before was because its armor buff proc could be effected by any hit on any enemy unit - this included skill hits e.g. CS, Windmill, SS etc. which hit multipls units. So quick armor stacking from multiple hits leads to quick explosion procs which leads to multiple taunting of enemies in a short period of time and also quick bursts of AoE damage.

Now that is lost because you can't effect the armor buff stacking from skill hits, only autoattack hits. So now tanks can't use the Aegis explosion proc to taunt enemies, because they simply can't make it proc as much. Asking them to just spam autoattack all the way in an elite run is just ridiculous. I do not think enemy hits on the tank cause the armor buff stacking, because his is not mentioned in the item description, and I have not noticed this effect myself when running with tanks in Elite maps.

Felt I needed to clarify because I think you were getting lost in your confusion with regard to tank taunts and a misconception about the workings of the Aegis proc, and thus not focusing on the issue at hand.
    This. Sts keeps dissapointing warriors. The lack of communication with these under the hood changes is more than just frustrating.
    If this is not intentional, a short heads up from the devs would help a lot now.
    I acknowledged the value of the aegis when pvp players where unhappy with it.
    I openly welcomed the bug fix with the pvp proc glitch because i want to work towards a real balance, not a series of glitches cancelling out each other and only benefitting a few.
    Now we' re left with this mess again after people spend much effort or money and with no reaction from sts. bulweak 2.0

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Basically aegis too effective=less death thus less ankh usage, less coin stg pockets. NO BUENO... Die we must, don't forget it

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ocaweanari For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That bug needed to be fixed anyway but skills should be counted as hits to proc the weapon. I hope it will be fixed soon.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all,
    this is my first post ever so basically i m a noob here so please go easy on me
    But i would like to say some things about the aegis proc. I checked the weapon in many different ways and here are my findings

# First to start the proc as many people have mentioned in thread u need to use auto-attack as skill attacks wouldnt start the proc.
    #HOWEVER once proc has started i.e the stacking of shields has begun, skill attacks DO contribute to further stacking of the shields until it finally explodes
    #Also remember how stacked shields when they explode and hit enemies, that too contributed to stacking which allowed the weapon the chain its proc? well now its a bit complicated, after stacking of 9 shields(the tenth one explodes) if u use skill attack, the shields simply explodes and no further stacking takes place, however if you use auto attack after stacking 9 shields, the shield explodes which on damage to enemies do contribute to further stacking and chaining of proc.

Hence are my observation, please correct me if any of them are wrong.

From my understanding this is probably a bug, for the way it works does not make sense. If so i would like to request sts to fix it as soon as possible, as runs would be much easier and faster as the proc as of the moment has very little value(or none so at all in elites).
    And if it is not a bug and the change is intentional please look into the matter once more sts, for the mythic weapons did help warriors get runs for we were able to tank and do damage for the first time as an endgame tank.
    Cheers and TY

20. The Following User Says Thank You to leaderofhorde For This Useful Post:

CYC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

yes, i realize in one single attack after update, "007 team" nerf Aegis proc. please keep secret "007 team", you dont have to let us knows.
    Btw, did u think we re a bunch of kiddos?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Would any dev mind to at least acknowledge that the aegis proccing system has been changed and if this is a bug or was meant to be this way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks for helping to surface the bugs in the new client. We know it can be stressful, but a lot of new stuff went into this latest client, and in an ever evolving game like this that often means that some bugs will slip through. A hotfix went out today to fix some of the most urgent ones and we will fix another batch in Thursday's update. Please understand that we never make "secret" game changes. You guys are way too perceptive and we value our transparency! So, if you see something that was not announced, it's more than likely a bug. Just let us know and (like today) we'll fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    Just a small quote to remind STS of their own words. It is weekend, let's wait until next week and see what they say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

they are on Thursday, updates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Cakes were fixed immediately on Monday, why isn't the aegis fixed?
    Maybe we need some "birthday boys" to complain about the aegis....