After hitting level 56 I put Mrwallace into temporary retirement and started some chars to find out more about the confusing world of birds and mages. I leveled them without friends' help, was just joining PUGs. And of course, i especially watched the bears around me, I will always have a very ursan perspective.

I noticed that there is a big number of bow bears now. Especially from level 40 on I think I saw more dex bears than "normal" bears. I remember when I switched to dex I was some kind of circus freak, times have changed...

But what concerns me, many of those bow bears run somewhere in second row, just auto attacking. I am not shy to ask them if they plan to tank, and after chatting with around 15 of those second row bears, I heard similar opinions about their role.

"I'm an attack bear, I don't tank"
"Bow bears shouldn't use beckon cause they need range"
"I just deal damage"

Sure I really like the great damage the combination of bow and rage gives, but I think a bear should do more than that.

So my question to my fellow bears, especially the newer ones: How do you understand your role? Are you primarily a damage dealer or a tank in light armor?