Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay to win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Pay to win

So I have been trying, worked really hard playing this game, haven't bought plats in my years of playing this game. On the other hand, there are these plat users who get the better of AL overnight, considering the fact that all of the free in game quest gears are crappy, isn't the game a ripoff? Dev seriously needs to nerf the new mythics or add new ones in the next expansion which can be 200 times harder to obtain yet is the best one in the game which isn't tradeable, so it becomes kinda fair you know, that way everyone has to work hard in the game and feel the satisfaction of hard work, instead of just spending some cash to ya'all greedy as to enjoy this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Its a freaking free game just have fun....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Att For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Dude,no way AL is p2w right now.
    I have Arcane ring,Maridos,Mythic belt and gun and 90 teeth and 60 planar essences till i get my pendant.WITHOUT spending money in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lol u should see when arcane ring was 120m... thats what i call p2w. Today everything is cheap (not sns tho) in one or twomonths u can get em if u farm hard. Otherwise ur lazy

Anyway sts is a business they dont open server,hire employee, design awesome games just to waste their time. They need money

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xutreuqux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Not even anything good premium in the plat store now to get...
    They needs to revamp the store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Yeah back then surely it was p2w but not now with hard dedication you can get everything you want, back then i couldn't get a single arcane but now i could get anything what i want with hard farming but not SNS (though) LoL but the player gap is still there but not that too far only slightly.
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 12-06-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yeah, there are ways to make you well off as a non plat spender, but perhaps not have everything you want. I know some people who spent real hard cash on massive crates to get sns and ended up at square one because they didn't loot it and crates cost over 100k each! 300 would be 30m! If you hoarded certain items like fire gems or then spider locked, you could have earned enough gold to buy you everything except sns. Heck farming medium cakes and selling for 15k each to exploiters could have earned you a few million!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

lol for me, its pay-to-lose.
    (and yes I have spent cash on AL before)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    What you see is the extremely small minority of AL players who have chosen to throw a huge sum of money at the game and in return get the best gear in a short period of time. I've spent plat in this game, and I consider myself not a light spender, but it's not enough to get me every single top gear in the game. I've had to farm my way through the game. And there are more stories like the ones that people have shared here of players being able to farm their way to relative prosperity in the current version of the game. So don't lose hope! Just keep swimming...
    Indeed, all it takes is patience...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

AL has made a great job of bridging the gap between plat players and non-plat players, gear wise.
    The only mistake they've made is the cake event which creates a huge gap between those who used and those who didnt, look at the price of ankhs and respecc scrolls, thats the only mistake they've done since the rengol expansion when it comes to bridging the gap between those two player bases.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

U may say that for time before rengol, but after rengol u can get everything with hardwork or hardcore gaming. Even u wanna get mytic gears or sns, just farm or trade, make money and craft them or buy their items requried for crafting or buy items directly for gold.
    No i cant see anything which i cant get without plates. Even i can get sns for 38m and if i cant make that money by playing then i dont think i deserve to get the best without efforts.
    Enjoy!!!
    HAPPY GAMING
    Way to get...Let it let..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Well, as oez said- the gap between plat users and non plat users is much smaller than it used to be on 2014. I am pretty satisfied with my gear without using much plat. Also, you cannot really complain about sts wanting people to buy plat, they're a company who's willing to make money like any other. Just face the facts. in al of nowdays, getting geared is much easier. Back then when I got frusturated with the game being unfair i quitted for 7 months till rengol expansion came out. Back then Elon bow was 30m. Arcane ring was 100m+. An arcane pet was 7m+ And now- a good mythic bow would cost you about 5m, arcane ring 3m, and a good arcane pet (such as nekro) between 3 to 4m. See the huge gap?
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

STS made a good move making the game less P2W but I think now its time to reconsider the purpose of things such as legendary items. I think legendary should be a pretty hard rarity to get however they are just rolling everywhere. Please consider the drop rates for such items. And please make them worth the title "legendary". The amount of legendaries available are higher than the commons.
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yea, the struggle was way more real before the Ren'gol expansion. It was so hard to get by back then. I didn't have much fun playing the game before the expansion, I only got on to talk to my dear friends. I had enough to get lvl30s mythics(one friend bought the first piece for me and I bought the second), and that was that. I barely ran elites, because things were much more harder to do if you didn't have really good gear. Elon bow, frost bow, samael.... all were very expensive. I had a friend buy a Samael for 28m for someone back then, now idk the price, but I'm sure you can get a maridos, nekro, and then some now with that amount.

Anyways, I still don't have the new mythic bow(working on that lol). But I am much better off as a lvl 46 than i was at level 41. I was able to farm for my arcane ring & planar pendant with little difficulty. I bought my shard(for 900k, now it's even lower than that!), and i got a planar recipe for 30k.

The whole point of this is to say that, things are much easier to attain now. All it takes is farming for the right items and timing.(for example, I farmed essences of the beast at the very beginning of stampys release, and made 4m to buy a nekro with a lil change left over!) All I'm saying is, it takes good timing and farming for the right stuff.

mesalin

Now you can have arcane ring , planar pendant , nekro , mari and best legendary set for 46 without plat. Just hard work. We got enough ways to get many gold, yeah it need time and hardworking but its possible

<Forgiveness>

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

People will continue to say its P2W until we can get arcane pets for 1k each. Then they will find another way to complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i've spent a boat load of plat... still can't buy a 2:1 kpd in TDM... Wildheroine wrecked me 9-0 in duels today with 50 less dmg and 10 less crit... I'm just not very good at rogue

I wish I had the time to farm bars and vials... but I don't. I am a professional and a father... there's 90% of my free time.

So go farm hard and save your money. You can get just about anything plat users can... If you used Hallow's Eve crates to convert some gold to plat then you are set to pop Massives for SnS (though I don't recommend that either... 10M in flames on that endevour).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Make Eye gem / Para Gem / Intact Orc Fang / Massive Rengol chest purchasable using platinum then it is P2W game now it is not.

Arcane item are so cheap now compared to past seasons
    Last edited by will0; 12-07-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I have farmed all the best items plus 50 million and have never spent plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

*yawn* nowadays it's very non-plat-spending-friendly lol
    AL: Ranta DL: Zupy PL: Zuperranta/Daddyranta SL: Zuperranta
    "Got some death to do!"