Thread: Moving platforms

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Moving platforms

Hi there folks!

I was thinking what challenges could a team face and I've came up with moving platforms. Imagine there is a lava river and you and your team want to cross it. It would be impossible unless you want to be today's dinner! Instead certain moving rocks on the river makes you and your team cross the perilous lava unharmed.
    I think this would give some extra challenge to the game. If this is implemented then we could have levels that take places only on moving platforms and you have to kill enemies that lands on your platform, or try to snipe you from a safe distance.

What do you think?

Suggestion delivered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The fire traps in sewers are a little similar to your idea, they both require good timing

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like this idea, but the platforms would have to be quite slow (because you cant jump) and if they went really slow.... it would be kinda easy, it would just make lvl longer.

but, platforms would add a lot more strategy, like you mentioned, archers on other end ect. but there could also be like puzzles or mazes with a big landscape of moving tiles and you have to get to the other end or to a quest place or to... anything... boss even.

i do like this idea
    55 dex Bird DEXMANN
    30 engineer DEXMANN