Thread: [Suggestion] Move Flash Messages to Upper Area of Screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Move Flash Messages to Upper Area of Screen

I wish I could, but I just can't escape it.

I can't escape the fact that I just bought a few thousand health and mana potions. I feel this dull, creeping paralysis as I... "patiently"... watch the system inform me of my recent purchase ...100 potions at a time. Technically, I can escape the droll onslaught by logging off and logging back on, but... .

I can't escape knowing that XSomeplayerx has just entered pvp/joined team Red/left the zone/picked up the flag when I'm trying to vs a difficult opponent.

I can't escape looking at personal messages from anyone I haven't previously blocked, even if I'm being begged for 5k gold and dying because of it in Elite Misty Grotto or I'm being urgently urged to emergency jjjjj pvp while attempting to browse the consignment store.

Sometimes, I want to know. I like knowing what's happening. I like to be informed. But when the message is in the dead center of my screen - with an opaque drop shadow that's especially problematic in darker maps during gameplay - I'm not a fan.

My suggestion is to move the flash messages to the upper area of the screen. I'd rather have it layer over my avatar/special event/quick buttons than distract me and block my vision in the center of my screen. I suspect most players would prefer that as well.

Such an improvement would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Upon further review I realized flash messages are already moved to the upper area of the screen in pvp. I'd like to amend my suggestion to moving the the flash messages to the upper screen in all zones and maps, not just pvp.
    Last edited by Niixed; 12-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why don't sts create a 'select amount' button for buying HP and Mana potions????