Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks = Nurse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

This thread is a joke. Imho warriors doesn't need any more buffs. I don't want same situation as it was when pvp was introduced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnorwayx View Post
    This thread is a joke. Imho warriors doesn't need any more buffs. I don't want same situation as it was when pvp was introduced.
    I am referring to pve...
    As far as pvp goes wars are not op definitely not endgame...
    This thread was started to address the issues in elite maps...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geeman75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnorwayx View Post
    This is a tank pve thread. We are asking for pve buffs and relevance on this thread.
    Maybe practice what u so vehemently preach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I believe we have made a valid point as far as end game goes.
    If one needs proof look at how tanks get treated in arena lobby.
    Check out how many tanks are trying to get a pug in planar tombs.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #85
    Roninmoro

Remember to keep it on topic and non-abusive to other players, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Honestly guys really really look at all skills for each class.now look at end game weapon damage for all characters.It is based solely (from what we see) on dps.that never bides well for Warriors.Look at end game weapon dps for each class,who is at the bottom(makes sense though right?)so how could anyone think a Warriors weapon does a correct,balanced amount of DAMAGE(not dps)?Zeus had a good idea by adding in combos from pl.That doesn't help Warriors who like to solo.One thing from pl they need to incorporate in AL is the weapon speed/base weapon damage way of figuring out two separate stats(base damage and dps).leaving out base damage is detrimental to Warriors along with debuff>buff.either add stats for base damage and attack speed on weapons or give warrior a battle cry that can be reapplied every 5secs or so to compete with mage/rouges 3 or 4 second debuff skills(Honestly, why doesn't AS have to be charged to add debuff?)The warrior need the work,not adding in things to cover up the fact that they are easily the dunce of this game with the excuse given of"well they are op and cause they survive way longer".each character has their notch in RPG games with class special skills.rouges have high crit,mages got burst heals(cry at no rev)and CC, and Warriors got...health/armor.how does that mean they cannot do a fair amount of DAMAGE?doesn't add up people.think..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killian229 View Post
    Honestly guys really really look at all skills for each class.now look at end game weapon damage for all characters.It is based solely (from what we see) on dps.that never bides well for Warriors.Look at end game weapon dps for each class,who is at the bottom(makes sense though right?)so how could anyone think a Warriors weapon does a correct,balanced amount of DAMAGE(not dps)?Zeus had a good idea by adding in combos from pl.That doesn't help Warriors who like to solo.One thing from pl they need to incorporate in AL is the weapon speed/base weapon damage way of figuring out two separate stats(base damage and dps).leaving out base damage is detrimental to Warriors along with debuff>buff.either add stats for base damage and attack speed on weapons or give warrior a battle cry that can be reapplied every 5secs or so to compete with mage/rouges 3 or 4 second debuff skills(Honestly, why doesn't AS have to be charged to add debuff?)The warrior need the work,not adding in things to cover up the fact that they are easily the dunce of this game with the excuse given of"well they are op and cause they survive way longer".each character has their notch in RPG games with class special skills.rouges have high crit,mages got burst heals(cry at no rev)and CC, and Warriors got...health/armor.how does that mean they cannot do a fair amount of DAMAGE?doesn't add up people.think..

Well said bro! All out of thanks so +1 to this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roninmoro View Post
    Remember to keep it on topic and non-abusive to other players, thanks.
    We have been trying to keep it on topic for about 2 weeks now. Any feedback from yourselves on the aegis nerf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Actually I'd like to touch on what I'd call game design flaws. Arena is a game design flaw. Why? Because it's a map that is 99.9% reliant on single-target heavy damage (i.e. it's a rogue map). Tanks and to a lesser extent mages get little love there because they cannot deal the same amount of damage on bosses as rogues do, and thus will not be in demand to run those maps.

Remember during the Nordr expansion there was a gauntlet style map where you needed to pay to gain entry into a special map for the chance to loot many Elite Golden Warchests in one run? Rogues were still in demand because you had to fight four elite bosses in one map but tanks could still play a role because the mobs were hard (standard elite Nordr mobs... people who played lvl31 cap will attest to how annoying they were) and people would call a tank in to help save a few deaths (if you died and did not plat revive you could not finish the map). These sort of maps, instead of stuff like arena are what makes tanks more relevant to PvE.

If it's not possible to implement a combination attack system or have tanks be auto-imbued with a PvE-only party buff aura, then arena will always be a place which discourages class balance, and if tanks continue to have issues with this it may even be beneficial to scrap arena and reinstate the nordr gauntlet. People may dislike this suggestion because a lot of people (read: rogues) earn lots of gold from farming arena and selling vials/fossils, but this is just a discussion point made in the interest of making the game more conducive to mixed class parties involving at least one tank.
    You hit the nail on the head saf! Right now tanks aren't even getting PUG parties for elite/arena let alone going solo. A dungeon where tanks are actually relevant like the plat nordr dungeon u mentioned is a great idea. Tbh I loved how irritating nordr mobs were not to mention the OP bosses. Added a little spice to tank life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Seriously... Warrs are really suffering from this .
    STS should figure out something.
    Right now, there is no class balance.(PVE)
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

While it took some time and countless threads, the aegis issue is being looked at now by STS and a change will possibly be done after the new year. Hopefully at that time STS can also look at the problem of tank irrelevance in PvE. There are countless good suggestions in this thread anyone of which will be a step towards making PvE more inclusive to warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I have another example of classism.

"Brood is awake need party rogues only no wars."

Not my words but what I saw in guild chat.

Unfortunately there were several just like that in guild chat. :-(

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

A friend, warrior, has showed me time ago a SS of the gchat of his old guild.. it sounds like this:
    "1 slots, teeth farming" - a mage
    "I'm in, pt me pls" - my friend
    1 minute after the mage said "1 slot, teeth farming, if tank +800 dmg".. and he was like whaaaat...........?
    Well it sux ofc, but keep in mind that this kind of behaviors shows inexperience or selfishness and that, luckily, it's full of players and guilds blaming all this.

That being said, tanks deserve absolutely to regain their role in PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    A friend, warrior, has showed me time ago a SS of the gchat of his old guild.. it sounds like this:
    "1 slots, teeth farming" - a mage
    "I'm in, pt me pls" - my friend
    1 minute after the mage said "1 slot, teeth farming, if tank +800 dmg".. and he was like whaaaat...........?
    Well it sux ofc, but keep in mind that this kind of behaviors shows inexperience or selfishness and that, luckily, it's full of players and guilds blaming all this.

That being said, tanks deserve absolutely to regain their role in PvE.
    I hear ya, and thank you...

Oh btw I have 923 damage on my tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    I hear ya, and thank you...

Oh btw I have 923 damage on my tank.

It shouldn't be about damage at all Imo. The content should be such that you would need a tank to get you through. It should be challenging not just run and shoot with a 13 para/eye rogue.
    Elite leaderboard times of under 1 min show just how challenging the content is for 3 OP geared rogues. That makes it all mostly about gear and very little about team play. Looking for content where the Mage actually has to do crowd control, the tank actually has to tank/heal (be there in the first place) while the rogues have to pick their targets and avoid damage/aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I agree...
    Only reason I mentioned damage was it doesn't matter how much damage we have there will always be someone who thinks wars are an inferior class... tbh sts has made us that way...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    I blame the warriors of AL. We have not been vocal enough on forums and that seems to play a huge part in what gets buffed or nerfed in game. As seen and mentioned on the aegis thread it even plays a part in which threads get moved where. If AL can see the overall outrage of all warriors on how they have handled these issues they may be less inclined to make huge changes to the warrior class based on what mages and rogues want and not what is best for the warrior class.
    Hi Hustle,

My sincerest thanks for keeping up the fight to better the warrior class.

As for me i unfortunately gave up and lost faith in STS, thus i have not been posting as much as i used to. This is not due to not having opinions or wanting to better the class but due to STS negligence on acting on the appropriate comments on the forum. In short, ive said what i needed to say and waited 2yrs for appropriate responce for ingame changes and basically none happened - well something happned but for some reason it just never worked and STS keeps insisting they listen to our feedback but when they execute ingame changes it does not reflect the critical feedback that was posted.

In short, i firmly believe that STS, no matter what suggestion/feedback we post in the forums will only act on things that they want to, irregardless of what the community wants and how criticall the suggestion/feedback is, I may be wrong but for the warrior class this has been evident l.

So again, i sincerly thank you and all the others for keeping up the fight that i could not continue.

And to STS .... I said it once, you are inadvertenly causing Classism! It takes courage to accept it and until you accept it you will never be able to fix it.

And to Justg, yes, we had our differences and yes you even mentioned to me that you will look into and yes i send a follow up private email within the last 2 months to an email you sent me 8months ago... Guess what, the problem is still there.

In the end, i just accepted that i love this game, so i play it while accepting all its faults and i will keep playing it even if its faults are not recrified cos thats what commitment is and this is how many veterans think and act if STS ignores that then thats how it is.

Thanks for reading.

Maarkus

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I went in the arena the other night..first thing I see is someone say

"Two wars..one of you leave"

When one of us dident leave fast enough , everyone bailed...now tell me..have you ever seen anyone complain that there was to many rogues or mages in one map? Nuff said ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

make the system "if the party did not have to exist if the warriors could not walk" or "if there is a party in each of the three classes they automatically get buff and more luck"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Not only warrs are suffering.
    I've seen rogues leave when they see a mage
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society