Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks = Nurse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Disclaimer I posted this on another thread, but I have been asked by several to make this a thread of its own

I guess we have no choice to accept this or quit.
    I agree with what one post said why even bother just make us another DPS class since team work and class interaction really isn't necessary to get through any maps.
    Give us a range weapon new dps skill and be done.
    I hate to sound cynical, but it's the truth.
    I've been a gamer longer than most playing or programming this game have even been alive. (My first game was pong when it first came out.)
    In all the years of gaming this is the first and only game I've played where the tank is not only meant to hold aggro but heal also.
    Usually there is a priest type character to keep tanks alive not the other way around.
    This game goes against the very fabric of fantasy D&D based games and novels or thoughts.
    Warriors are not paladins and tbh tanks in AL are neither we are nurses with weak stats, useless armor, and not enough dps to defend ourselves, and quite frankly worthless skills
    WTF is this? Please tell me who would want something like this as a thread?

Hell, when I'm done here maybe some people will ask me to make a thread off this...

No one is forcing you to play this game. If your not thrilled with playing a tank, go play a rogue, or a mage, or be one of those ppl who hangs out in guild castle all day.

Tanks are a short range class for a reason, this gives them more control on what mobs they pull, long range tanks make no sense... "Oops I aggro that mob at the back of the map again!"

Cynical about....?

Thank you for telling us about your life. Please tell us more about how you spend your life playing games.

Why on earth does the story arc have to be a traditional fantasy game? Originality once in a while never hurts.

I could dig way deeper into this thread and point out EVERY SINGLE THING WRONG WITH THI STATEMENT.

P.S.

A comma never hurt anyone mate.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    L

Are u suggesting STS make warriors a support class? rogues don't even need tank to carry their handbags. Mages were in the same boat before they got their buff now they can actually contribute and do good damage in both pve and pvp. Dps doesn't need warrior if they know how to avoid red zones and spam pots. There is no use of a tank in AL anymore so it's better to make all three classes damage dealers. It will revive the dead warrior class. Leechers are in every class that has nothing to do with the tank problem. New passives like u describe won't solve the issue because the tank won't be invited to elite party even if manages to hold aggro cause it's not about taunt anymore it's all about dealing damage as fast as u can.
    I'd like to argue that many of the tanks I run elite with are quite essential to the runs. Most tanks don't try for lots of DMG because they were always told to do HP/ARMR builds. In fact I'll pick the tank Killerxyler (GM of Trinity Knights) who has a good amount of damage (over 600 I'm pretty sure) and he is nobody's nurse, tanks can near be the beat class in AL if they try.. Without tanks even a mage like me who is very experienced and knowledgeable (not too badly geared) with 4.6k HP and 1505 armor suffers without a tank. We need them because not all of us can have that 5k HP 1.7k+ armor. If tanks are made into a damage class and a new priest-like class is made it will most definitely fail. Nobody wants to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse. It would be a waste of programming that could go into better looking items new pet ideas more gear that is achievable for elite farmers and NEW events and most of all a well tested and thoroughly thought through expansion...
    Yeah, that's my sig. You have my permission to be #jelly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mishafeng For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post

Hell, when I'm done here maybe some people will ask me to make a thread off this...

No one is forcing you to play this game. If your not thrilled with playing a tank, go play a rogue, or a mage, or be one of those ppl who hangs out in guild castle all day.

Tanks are a short range class for a reason, this gives them more control on what mobs they pull, long range tanks make no sense... "Oops I aggro that mob at the back of the map again!"

Cynical about....?

Thank you for telling us about your life. Please tell us more about how you spend your life playing games.

Why on earth does the story arc have to be a traditional fantasy game? Originality once in a while never hurts.

I could dig way deeper into this thread and point out EVERY SINGLE THING WRONG WITH THI STATEMENT.

P.S.

Oh look another little blue troll preaching hate and talking nonsense..Maybe you trolls should follow ur own advice and stay off threads u don't like instead of wasting everyone's time with posts that aren't even worth reading let alone making threads out of.

PS
    Stop personally attacking the OP. if u weren't hugged enough or something talk to a counsellor.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-11-2015 at 11:20 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mishafeng View Post
    I'd like to argue that many of the tanks I run elite with are quite essential to the runs. Most tanks don't try for lots of DMG because they were always told to do HP/ARMR builds. In fact I'll pick the tank Killerxyler (GM of Trinity Knights) who has a good amount of damage (over 600 I'm pretty sure) and he is nobody's nurse, tanks can near be the beat class in AL if they try.. Without tanks even a mage like me who is very experienced and knowledgeable (not too badly geared) with 4.6k HP and 1505 armor suffers without a tank. We need them because not all of us can have that 5k HP 1.7k+ armor. If tanks are made into a damage class and a new priest-like class is made it will most definitely fail. Nobody wants to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse. It would be a waste of programming that could go into better looking items new pet ideas more gear that is achievable for elite farmers and NEW events and most of all a well tested and thoroughly thought through expansion...
    You are saying exactly what I amsaying. Tanks are supposed to be essential to elite runs and most go for Hp/armor cause that's what is required. The problem is that even a tank with 600 dmg, 3k armor and 8k plus hp is basically support in elite. No one really needs a tank in elite and you can forget any tank on a lb timed run. Yes all these things you suggest devs work on are also essential but so is a warrior class that can enjoy and, once again, be essential to the pve aspect of the game. As you said no one likes to be in a run for the sole purpose of being a nurse in random elite groups.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-11-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Added a few commas to keep the little, blue, grammar-nazi trolls away

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    Disclaimer I posted this on another thread, but I have been asked by several to make this a thread of its own

I guess we have no choice to accept this or quit.
    I agree with what one post said why even bother just make us another DPS class since team work and class interaction really isn't necessary to get through any maps.
    Give us a range weapon new dps skill and be done.
    I hate to sound cynical, but it's the truth.
    I've been a gamer longer than most playing or programming this game have even been alive. (My first game was pong when it first came out.)
    In all the years of gaming this is the first and only game I've played where the tank is not only meant to hold aggro but heal also.
    Usually there is a priest type character to keep tanks alive not the other way around.
    This game goes against the very fabric of fantasy D&D based games and novels or thoughts.
    Warriors are not paladins and tbh tanks in AL are neither we are nurses with weak stats, useless armor, and not enough dps to defend ourselves, and quite frankly worthless skills
    The title itself "Tanks = Nurse" is an exaggeration to be honest and it just seems like a click-bait.

Warriors got a nice buff on their axe-throw skill not very long ago and now they again got their Juggernaut buffed , which will possibly break lowlevel twink pvp but that is for another topic.

You lost me at "tank wanting to be ranged DPS class".

And this game can go against anything it wants. We love this game and it has been around for more than 3 years now for a reason. And maybe that is why you are not still playing Pong.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 12-11-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Mages are the support class if you are talking about AL.

P.s.: stop attacking the people trying to post an argument and trying to keep the quintessence of AL as it is always has been.

That edit is offensive in a lot of ways. Your enjoyment,=asking for damagae on a class that is able to hold aggro constantly, provide an immunity shield to all of its allies, pull members towards it, provide itself with a newly implemented immortality skill. Yes please let's just provide the tanks with a nuclear arsenal so that they can rule how they used to in PvP. That will never be happening, never ever. Never ever ever. Ever.

On a side note calling me a troll won't get this thread anywhere, if you can't argue like a sane person, and nott call me a troll like a billion times I suggest just ignore this post because the people who are meant to read it might(or might nott read it).

Giving tanks damage isn't the way to see them implemented in timed runs, if tanks were given an aimed shot. Rogues=female warriors. This would forever destroy how AL has been played. Before you spew about some nonsensical D &D game that you played with preists and stuff, those D&D games never lasted long due to no exclusivity, nada originality of their game. I would rather nott go in the same direction as your "class D&D" class.

If you still think this is a troll and nott a player who has an elephants thread which specifically asked more DPS out put on warriors and nott in a nukey kind of a way rather a buff or debuff kind of way, I hope you have a good day and even wonderful life.
    This is trolling what you've been doing on almost all tank threads.
    All you're saying and have been saying is that you are afraid of tanks ruling pvp again probably because a lot of tanks must have killed you in pvp a couple of seasons ago or whenever it is you used to play the game. If you had tried endgame pvp before the jugg buff (which was quickly removed) you would have seen that pro mages were routinely wrecking geared tanks. The less said about rogues the better. The tank is basically obselete in pve. Warriors can hardly expect mages to make threads about buffing tanks so the OP posted a solution albeit angry worded but a solution. Yeah sure now All mages want is to maintain the "quintessence" of the game but what was all that begging and raging before Mage buff about then?

PS I thought my edit was much less offensive than the "people trying to post an aguement"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

This is trolling what you've been doing on almost all tank threads.
    All you're saying and have been saying is that you are afraid of tanks ruling pvp again probably because a lot of tanks must have killed you in pvp a couple of seasons ago or whenever it is you used to play the game. If you had tried endgame pvp before the jugg buff (which was quickly removed) you would have seen that pro mages were routinely wrecking geared tanks. The less said about rogues the better. The tank is basically obselete in pve. Warriors can hardly expect mages to make threads about buffing tanks so the OP posted a solution albeit angry worded but a solution. Yeah sure now All mages want is to maintain the "quintessence" of the game but what was all that begging and raging before Mage buff about then?

PS I thought my edit was much less offensive than the "people trying to post an aguement"
    LOL.

Im going to assume that you were part of the people who asked the OP to make a thread on this subject? Gj giving thanks to all of his posts btw.

If your going to insult me about my name, get in line, I deal with people like you and the OP every single time I log on to this game.

Just because tanks dont like working harder then mages and rogues does not mean they need a buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Oh look another little blue troll preaching hate and talking nonsense..Maybe you trolls should follow ur own advice and stay off threads u don't like instead of wasting everyone's time with posts that aren't even worth reading let alone making threads out of.

PS
    Stop personally attacking the OP. if u weren't hugged enough or something talk to a counsellor.
    #2 post: because I'm lazy...

He posted his own personal info on the thread, I just read it and laughed. Not my fault he posted "I have played computer games for longer then most STS employees are alive." That's honestly just asking for trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

LOL.

Im going to assume that you were part of the people who asked the OP to make a thread on this subject? Gj giving thanks to all of his posts btw.

If your going to insult me about my name, get in line, I deal with people like you and the OP every single time I log on to this game.

Just because tanks dont like working harder then mages and rogues does not mean they need a buff.
    Noone's insulting your name 'mate' and it's not like that's the name your parents gave you so don't take the jokes personally. Although it fits you pretty well.
    Yeah I did ask him to make his post a thread and it was aimed at getting some sort of response from the moderators so could you and your BFF stop trying to provoke and make this an arguement instead of a discussion? (Pretty please with sugar on top)
    I normally try not to give trolls the attention they seek but before you say tanks don't want to work hard like rogues and mages take a look at the top player lb and all those tanks who have managed over 1m pve kills. Look at all those lvl 7 tanks who managed so many kills that most endgame tanks don't have a prayer of getting on the ctf/tdm lb. look at Markus who soloed planar tombs elite. They did that by bashing mobs/smurfs with shields and that's the definition of hard work 'mate'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

HoT is very close to health regen...that's essential in most games to our soaks.warriors need to generate more threat(skills,base threat maybe?), have 15-25% increased DAMAGE, Not dps, and buffs that cannot be debuffed(maybe PvE only..)I would take more CC aswell.Most people like to be able to just run some dungeons solo SOME times,try that with all three classes.study it.think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Noone's insulting your name 'mate' and it's not like that's the name your parents gave you so don't take the jokes personally. Although it fits you pretty well.
    Yeah I did ask him to make his post a thread and it was aimed at getting some sort of response from the moderators so could you and your BFF stop trying to provoke and make this an arguement instead of a discussion? (Pretty please with sugar on top)
    I normally try not to give trolls the attention they seek but before you say tanks don't want to work hard like rogues and mages take a look at the top player lb and all those tanks who have managed over 1m pve kills. Look at all those lvl 7 tanks who managed so many kills that most endgame tanks don't have a prayer of getting on the ctf/tdm lb. look at Markus who soloed planar tombs elite. They did that by bashing mobs/smurfs with shields and that's the definition of hard work 'mate'.
    You mean Makro? lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Looks like people been reading my guide on how to troll which devs closed in 2 hours but didnt even give this thread a glimpse or a ray of hope that shines brightly between the warriors blouse when wearing his pretty glinstone gear...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

You mean Makro? lmao.
    Macro? Macro for what? Ur saying end game tanks on lb got all their kills using macros while all rogues and mages got them honestly? Or that Markus used macro to solo elite planar? Lvl 7 tanks don't need macros to kill their dummies/smurfs..Dude if ur out of nonsense to spew please move on to a different thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    It's called dummy farming..the PvE kills was due to afking at nordr

Pls get your facts sorted before calling anyone who has an iota of disagreement with your posts a "troll".
    Yeah and which one of these involve macros? Is it ok to suggest that warrs get kills using macros while rogues/mages don't or saying warriors just don't want to work hard? Dummy farmers and macros are not solely a warrior class issue so there is no point in mentioning this stuff on a thread calling for a review of the tank class. What facts have I got wrong? I'm calling u both trolls because u and ur friend are just making silly statements about nurses and the OPs personal life to inflammate this thread. Move on..you both don't seem to understand anything the warrior class yet you keep commenting on threads discussing the warrior class and asking for either a nerf or making snide comments.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  12.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Dont even bother with him Avikk, if OP and his lackies find tank too hard, let them rage about it all they want.

But, before I leave I just want to point out:

you call me a troll for voicing my opinion on a thread.

You specifically said this was a thread created for drama in hopes for issuing a response from the devs.

99% chance Hustle and OP are the same person. As they both use the same sentence structuring when they talk.

I hope you find this link very helpful.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/comma.html

P.S.

I have a tank for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Dont even bother with him Avikk, if OP and his lackies find tank too hard, let them rage about it all they want.

But, before I leave I just want to point out:

you call me a troll for voicing my opinion on a thread.

You specifically said this was a thread created for drama in hopes for issuing a response from the devs.

99% chance Hustle and OP are the same person. As they both use the same sentence structuring when they talk.

I hope you find this link very helpful.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/comma.html

P.S.

I have a tank for pvp.
    All the commas and spacing dont disguise ur nonsense and hate. In any case good bye and good riddance.

PS
    Having an alt u farm for kills on ur main doesn't mean you automatically understand the warrior class or its problems.

PPS
    This comma fetish is kinda disturbing and I'm not enabling you.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-12-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Cynical about....?

P.S.

Lol just lol.... Have a nice day ma'am/sir

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=282376

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by geeman75; 12-12-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Next we gonna see another thread like Tanks = Pets
    So many threads and same inputs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Next we gonna see another thread like Tanks = Pets
    So many threads and same inputs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Lol there already was a post mentioning that...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I commend STS for going against popular trends and trying something new. Just because in D&D classes were set a certain way doesn't mean that every MMO, every fantasy RPG, should remain the same until Kingdom come.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: