Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Rogues are too OP?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default Rogues are too OP?

    Hi,
    I am fairly new to the game, and I have an endgame mage(with arcane ring, and some good pets like slobber, haxonite).
    I've experienced while running elites(and arena!) that rogues with okay stats can finish the map really fast!
    I also browsed through the forums and there is a lot of resentment against rogues being the best class.

    I enjoy playing on my mage, but because of this notable difference between rogues and mage I am considering whether I should invest in arcane pets, mythic weapons for my mage or make a rogue lvl 46 and invest on that?
    I'd like to make an informed decision, so please help out this newbie.
    Thanks!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Adienl For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member ueveotadeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    589
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

    Default

    Yes, rogue is the strongest class in game.

    But, this is a game, you are suposed to have fun in it, want to make an informed decision, start leveling a rogue and see if you like playing with it. Thats the best way.

    And I say it by experience, I started as a rogue, made a warrior some time later and never touched the rogue again. Even though it is the best overal class. It is not the most fun to play with (for me of course) and that should be the most important factor on ur decision. Which class makes u have the most fun while playing.

    No point in making a rogue just because they are the best class if you dont like playing as a rogue.

    Just have fun!

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Yes, rogue is the strongest class in game.

    But, this is a game, you are suposed to have fun in it, want to make an informed decision, start leveling a rogue and see if you like playing with it. Thats the best way.

    And I say it by experience, I started as a rogue, made a warrior some time later and never touched the rogue again. Even though it is the best overal class. It is not the most fun to play with (for me of course) and that should be the most important factor on ur decision. Which class makes u have the most fun while playing.

    No point in making a rogue just because they are the best class if you dont like playing as a rogue.

    Just have fun!
    Actually, since I am not ale to farm with my mage(the high end stuff), I am thinking of making a rogue for faster farming and hence be able to invest better on my rogue!!
    Yes, I do love mage and I am not gonna abandon it!! But since we all need gold, is it worth it make an endgame rogue?

    That's a more appropriate question on my part!

  6. #4
    Forum Adept hallowring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    321
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    115
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    i play as warr and as the others have said (AL is supposed to be fun)(^u^)although i find it hard ta kill dem rouges in pvp XD

  7. #5
    Senior Member ueveotadeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    589
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adienl View Post
    Actually, since I am not ale to farm with my mage(the high end stuff), I am thinking of making a rogue for faster farming and hence be able to invest better on my rogue!!
    Yes, I do love mage and I am not gonna abandon it!! But since we all need gold, is it worth it make an endgame rogue?

    That's a more appropriate question on my part!
    If you dont want to wait for PT and solo, yes, rogue is the answer.

    But if you are in a guild with some decent activity (I bet we all seeing more offline people by the day) class shouldn't matter that much to find PTs.
    I can say 95% of the time I ask for farming partners I get an answer.

    Again, that is my case, I'm against changing between class just because they are OP, it is a game and you are suposed to have fun, but it is true that rogue enables you to go solo easier if you are having a hard time finding a PT.

  8. #6
    Luminary Poster Energizeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    960
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,930
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

    Default

    Rogues also die the easiest, so if you don't mind dying a lot, and like getting a ton of kills really fast, then rogue is the class for you. Warriors are the total opposite, being able to take the most damage, yet they won't get as many kills, and mages are in the middle.

  9. #7
    Senior Member typemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    depends actually on the map for me. Mages and Rogues have maps that are relatively easier for them.

    When it comes to single target or just the boss, I prefer rogues but for dodging enemies and killing mobs, I'd go for mages.

    Arena or boss encounters, I'd say go for rogue, 46 legendary equips+AR+good bow+mari+good pt is already a fair rogue that can easily finish arena for less than 4 minutes.

    Elite rengol is relatively easier for mages in my opinion because they can easily skip mobs comparing to a non-nekro rogue.

    I honestly had a hard time with elite rengol and I needed help from my mage friends to get me through the skipping of mobs.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to typemyname For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    If you dont want to wait for PT and solo, yes, rogue is the answer.

    But if you are in a guild with some decent activity (I bet we all seeing more offline people by the day) class shouldn't matter that much to find PTs.
    I can say 95% of the time I ask for farming partners I get an answer.

    Again, that is my case, I'm against changing between class just because they are OP, it is a game and you are suposed to have fun, but it is true that rogue enables you to go solo easier if you are having a hard time finding a PT.
    I am not changing my main. My main will always be my blue butt!
    But if it does make farming efficient then I think I should make another endgame rogue as an alt. THanks a lot!!

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typemyname View Post
    depends actually on the map for me. Mages and Rogues have maps that are relatively easier for them.

    When it comes to single target or just the boss, I prefer rogues but for dodging enemies and killing mobs, I'd go for mages.

    Arena or boss encounters, I'd say go for rogue, 46 legendary equips+AR+good bow+mari+good pt is already a fair rogue that can easily finish arena for less than 4 minutes.

    Elite rengol is relatively easier for mages in my opinion because they can easily skip mobs comparing to a non-nekro rogue.

    I honestly had a hard time with elite rengol and I needed help from my mage friends to get me through the skipping of mobs.
    Arena is the worst place to witness the OPness of rogue. I feel jealous as a mage. LOL

  13. #10
    Senior Member typemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adienl View Post
    Arena is the worst place to witness the OPness of rogue. I feel jealous as a mage. LOL
    What more for warriors lol. Do they even have the word envy? hahaha. ooops

  14. #11
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Spaghettiland
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    32
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Yes, rogue is the strongest class in game.

    But, this is a game, you are suposed to have fun in it, want to make an informed decision, start leveling a rogue and see if you like playing with it. Thats the best way.

    And I say it by experience, I started as a rogue, made a warrior some time later and never touched the rogue again. Even though it is the best overal class. It is not the most fun to play with (for me of course) and that should be the most important factor on ur decision. Which class makes u have the most fun while playing.

    No point in making a rogue just because they are the best class if you dont like playing as a rogue.

    Just have fun!
    I've capped 3 chars so far, 1 for each class.. and i can't find better words to say it so +1000 to this!
    I enjoy a lot to play with my tank (even nowadays) and with my rogue as well, but i'm smurf inside :3
    Best performance are welcomed ofc, but you have to find your own play style with the chars you enjoy the most.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjojo View Post
    I've capped 3 chars so far, 1 for each class.. and i can't find better words to say it so +1000 to this!
    I enjoy a lot to play with my tank (even nowadays) and with my rogue as well, but i'm smurf inside :3
    Best performance are welcomed ofc, but you have to find your own play style with the chars you enjoy the most.
    I am going to cap a rogue, and maybe a warrior in the future.

  17. #13
    Senior Member soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    512
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    163
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    113
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    it reminds me

    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e+class+damage

    Getting the arcane ring now. Perhaps with a Maridos her to be good for arena. I can say is that the big spending on health and mana potions. Addressing crowds alone is also annoying. If you do not have a few million to spend it, give up. A rogue using only legendary will only make you die, and also spend money on potion.

    Mage have more damage than a rogue, this is fact. Without the arcane ring came to 800 damage, with a mage. However rogue is more critical and about 50% Dodge. You do not have to worry about running out shield.Then it depends a mage is best for to farm in areas where they do not receive much damage.
    Last edited by soon; 12-11-2015 at 10:24 AM.

  18. #14
    Senior Member typemyname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    531
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    one downside of rogue though. you need to spam skills together with pots lol

  19. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    225
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Pots are hardly an expense once you have a decent amount of capital.

  20. #16
    Senior Member Vixenne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Camp Noob
    Posts
    506
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    990
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    126
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typemyname View Post
    one downside of rogue though. you need to spam skills together with pots lol
    This is a sad reality for a rogue lol.

  21. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,668
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    679
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    550
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typemyname View Post
    one downside of rogue though. you need to spam skills together with pots lol
    Yes the pot problem is really big. Starting up a new rogue without putting a couple of hundred USD or having 4-5 million gold is quite hard. With legendary gear and no arcane pet you would die quite a bit and use a ton of pots.

    With op gear u dont die that much but u still use a huge number o mana pots

  22. #18
    Senior Member Sorcerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Event Horizon
    Posts
    1,010
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    225
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    270
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

    Default

    I have both and endgame mage (main) and rogue (alt), and I can say that imo you need both.

    Primarily because the versatility allows you to conform to whatever your needs (or those of your guildies) may be.

    Sometimes you need to clean up trash quickly and for that you need a mage, and then sometimes you need to be a Boss slayer and for that you need a rogue.

    But take note that no matter how much gold you have it takes a ton to maintain a rogue since you can burn through pots and ankhs fairly quickly and not always get the drops you need to support that rogue life, lol.

    And in general, Mage is probably the most cost effective class to play.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

  23. #19
    Senior Member Aziiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    658
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    554
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    277
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

    Default

    Classes are different, it's true rogues have some advantages in some maps.. Such as arena BUT mages have their big advantages too. I always like to take a mage in my team when i run maps such as km3 toombs. Dont give up on your mage, make it as strong as it can be, look at the stongest mages in game.. They didnt give up, if you invest in it you wont be dissapointed. Try and make a twink rogue and play a bit see if you like it , because its a difderence have fun !

  24. #20
    Member Diggdugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    46
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    As most people here have said, pict the character you like best and roll with it, to me mages are the way to go more fun to play and the skills are sweet, make sure you join a good guild as the guild makes true farming possible no matter what the class.

    Enjoy the game and have fun no matter the class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rogues
    By Samaeldavisjr in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM
  2. PvP for Rogues
    By Reunegade in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 02:33 AM
  3. Rogues
    By Beanerboi in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
  4. L16 Rogues
    By D-: in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
  5. Rogues.
    By Bless in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 04:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •