Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: You've got to be kidding me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Angry You've got to be kidding me!

Ok heres the deal, I get home from school at 3:35. In fact, I was pretty much speed walking home after I heard the droid will be up late today. I've been refreshing twitter every minute untill 4 to find out that the "Droid has headed out for some shuteye". Really? Are you kidding me? Is 10pm California time really too late? I even checked twitter this morning to find out he just logged off or something like that, I didn't have time to wait I had to go to school... Honestly this is pretty much a US exclusive event for a "global" mmo. I was awake untill like 1am with fellow Aussies and Kiwis hoping for this droid. Tomorrow is the last day of this event, hopefully Samhayne or someone sees this so maybe they will stay on just a little bit longer tomorrow...
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

9PM California time, 10PM dev time.

Good luck on getting one, but I think the only thing it's worth for getting is for the entry into the raffle, which is such a slim chance. They're really ugly IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Slush, have u added him as friend and tried the tips Pharcyde mentioned in his thread? I was on from 6pm onward and was only able to get in on three instances! Sam Hayne was on for a while, it helped that he added or accepted my friend request as it made it easier to "stalk" him vs refreshing constantly. However, if you have a long friends list the latter may be easier as it is less scrolling!

Good luck and if u do spot him, please take screenies for my thread! It's neat seeing our reactions and how the devs interact with us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Sam got me both sets of all 4 in like 2 minutes of searching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Slush, have u added him as friend and tried the tips Pharcyde mentioned in his thread? I was on from 6pm onward and was only able to get in on three instances! Sam Hayne was on for a while, it helped that he added or accepted my friend request as it made it easier to "stalk" him vs refreshing constantly. However, if you have a long friends list the latter may be easier as it is less scrolling!

Good luck and if u do spot him, please take screenies for my thread! It's neat seeing our reactions and how the devs interact with us!
    Slush's problem is that the devs were offline. The timezones don't allow him to get on with the devs.

I'd say you're best choice would be to try to get on before school, and hope they start a little early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Slush's problem is that the devs were offline. The timezones don't allow him to get on with the devs.

I'd say you're best choice would be to try to get on before school, and hope they start a little early.
    Oh! Didn't read all of it, saw California time and that's about it, just call me another self-absorbed American, a well meaning one, but a self-absorbed one nonetheless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Oh! Didn't read all of it, saw California time and that's about it, just call me another self-absorbed American, a well meaning one, but a self-absorbed one nonetheless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that's really no excuse. i'm in Australia and the times when the devs are on are 4-5am AU time and I set my alarm clocks to wake up to catch up. In fact, I've waved at them for two nights in a row already. They have also been on throughout the day as well. The rant here is really uncalled for. Just because you missed it tonight doesn't mean that there weren't opportunities to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingscv View Post
    that's really no excuse. i'm in Australia and the times when the devs are on are 4-5am AU time and I set my alarm clocks to wake up to catch up. In fact, I've waved at them for two nights in a row already. They have also been on throughout the day as well. The rant here is really uncalled for. Just because you missed it tonight doesn't mean that there weren't opportunities to do so.
    1. I don't know what you do for a living (if anything) but I need to go to school (gasp!) through out the day.
    2. Why should I wake up at that time when other people shouldn't?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Take an extended bathroom break and log on then?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Isn't E3 in Los Angeles CA? Also, isn't Austin TX central time zone +2 hours from pacific time zone? I'm sorry that you feel like the devs are not "playing fair" but they have lives and are keeping schedule with the event. Sorry that you have to adhere to their schedule for this event, but that's just how it's goign to be. Good luck on getting the buttons to be entered in the drawing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Good luck on getting one, but I think the only thing it's worth for getting is for the entry into the raffle, which is such a slim chance. They're really ugly IMO.
    Isn't is 12 PM dev time? They're in Austin, 3 hours ahead of california I believe. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Oops forgot about e3 hehe. Sry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Isn't E3 in Los Angeles CA? Also, isn't Austin TX central time zone +2 hours from pacific time zone? I'm sorry that you feel like the devs are not "playing fair" but they have lives and are keeping schedule with the event. Sorry that you have to adhere to their schedule for this event, but that's just how it's goign to be. Good luck on getting the buttons to be entered in the drawing.
    Just checked, you're right. It's +2, not +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Isn't is 12 PM dev time? They're in Austin, 3 hours ahead of california I believe. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Oops forgot about e3 hehe. Sry
    Brooke (East coast) is +3 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just checked, you're right. It's +2, not +1.

Brooke (East coast) is +3 hours.
    So you're telling me there's different time zones inside California?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    So you're telling me there's different time zones inside California?
    He was talking abr CT and PST (Texas and Cali) as well as east coast time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

this was a problem for me when the blue antennae where in session. when the weekend rolled by, suddenly the droid was nowhere to be found. was kind of frustrating lol, only got those antennae later, not during that actual event.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Sam got me both sets of all 4 in like 2 minutes of searching
    Yep, same here... Both sets via Alex in super quick time, isn't nice when it falls like that? Slush has got a good point though re: timezone restrictions for non-US timezone residients. STS are fully aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

There was briefly an idea to temporarily distribute a few Droid costumes but they have full admin and DEV rights attached to them and all kind of mayhem could have ensued.... It was binned before it started....

Here's hoping they come up with a good idea for better distribution. I've messaged STS and suggested distributing a few "big" button vanities, like the big love/luck/parties/etc....

Anyone got any other ideas on how they could distribute them more effectively to us timezone challenged players....?
    Last edited by Redbridge; 06-09-2011 at 06:36 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Slush what is ur major city in Australia? I'll help you if u tell me I'm Perth and I caught him before my school.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Sorry Slushie, had to give the baby it's bottle and then it was bed time. Our little one is back up bright and early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Guilt trip much? xD
    Otherwise, too true Sam. He does have a real life, unlike many avid farmers.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...