Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The UPDATED Level One Twink Guide! (Finally)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The UPDATED Level One Twink Guide! (Finally)

Purpose:My Purpose of this guide is to introduce you guys to a new way of playing pocket legends. This all started with "StompArtist." He deserves the full credit of this wonderful idea, and i have a great amount of respect for him. I was surprised how much i became addicted to my Level one, and now it has become my main. Without further ado, My guide!

Part One: The Start of a Legend

This guide will start with the creation of characters. Whether your a Warrior, Enchantress, or Archer.. You want to be sure you enjoy the color and starting face you choose. this comes in handy and allows you to spend the least amount of platinum possible.

The Warrior

Pros for the Warrior
    -Has a great Survivability rate when attacking mobs.
    -Kills Zombies in the least amount of hits (takes two)
    -Can go away from phone without dying.
    -Overall in my opinion the easiest to play at level 1.

Cons for the Warrior
    -Absolutely no range with attacks whatsoever.
    -Takes the longest to Grind
    -Requires you to World Swap for Grinding(I will explain Later)

I Would recommend this Class for a person new to the game. He's a close-up Tough character, and only requires an inch of brain power to use.

The Enchantress

Pros for the Enchantress
    -Has Ranged attacks.
    -Kills Enemies fast for Grinding.
    -Can "Strafe", thus making it easier to not be hurt whatsoever.

Cons for the Enchantress
    -Tested this character and found that it dies the easiest when AFK
    -Doesn't handle when mobbed by more than two zombies.
    -Looks the worst of the three characters In my Opinion.

I would recommend this character to the general public, not to hard to play but for sure not the easiest.

The Archer

Pros for the Archer
    -Has the widest range of all characters of attacks.
    -Looks the best in my opinion.
    -handles itself well when mobbed.

Cons for the Archer
    -Takes the longest to kill a single opponent. (3 shots)
    -Requires Platinum for items.
    -Takes Longest to get Quests done.

I would recommend this Class for the advanced players who know what they are doing. trust me, if you are not familiar with the quests, this account will take ages.

Naming Your character
    Please for the love of the gods of Alterra Do Not, let me repeat, Do Not Generate the name of your account! Be original and think of something that would look nice on a level one with 5,000 Dungeon kills. Take my account for example, my Warrior's name is Upgraded. I chose upgraded because in truth, he looks like an upgraded level one. It's a pun in itself. You, and the Community would appreciate, and respect your account more with an Original name.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    Part Two: The Tutorial

Once you have successfully made your new character and named it, You will be directed to the Tutorial. I will guide you through these steps.
    -IMPORTANT STEP-
    1.)Got To the Options Tab and DISABLE XP GAIN. This will allow you to Stay at level one.
    ^^^^IMPORTANT TO DO FIRST^^^
    2.)Move forward and kill all three zombies. this should only take a total of 15 seconds at tops.
    3.)Take to Prisoner, this will finish a quest.
    4.), Continue to run forward, Skip the zombies, until you reach Babrax. Continue to Kill Babrax. Once he's killed, walk through the Orb of light an orb of light. Viola! Your tutorial is now over!
    Part Three: All in a Day's Work

1.)You should now be in forest Haven. Talk to Ellie The enchantress. Take the Quest "Safe Travels". If you get stuck, the quest log often gives help. If you have no quests in the log, it'll give you a hint towards the next quest. It will normally give you hints towards the earlier quests that are not completed.
    2.)Walk through the Magic portal to the RIGHT of Ellie.
    3.)You should know be in a Forest. Walk to your left, and kill the skeletons and other baddies until you reach Mr. Smith, Take his quest "Zombie Zamboni" This requires you to kill 15 zombies.
    4.)Walk forward until you reach Silknight, kill the zombies she spawns,
    5.)Next talk to little Smith Jr. Accept his quest "Hawkens Wares" Retrieve all 5 goods, and Turn the quest into him.
    5.)Now go back to "Lil Smith Jr" and turn in the quest. Now head back to the town of forest haven The town of Forest Haven and turn in all the quests. You now should do Burke's quest, and once your done turn it in. You should now have the best level 1 helmet in the game too!
    6.)All 3 starting quests should be complete. you may be wondering why you did this; But it was for good cause. You can now ACCESS YOUR STASH at level 1!
    Part Four: Your Legacy Finally Begins!

How to Successfully Grind as a Level one
    1.)You will Grind in one, and one place only; Forest Haven Part one. Be Sure to host your Own game, and create a password for it. Why you ask? If you do notice, there is a circle beside the health bar of the enemy when you click on them before you even start to tap on the "Attack" button. Anyone that is higher than level one, and in your game will increase the threat levels. This makes it harder on you to kill your enemies. You Always, Always want this circle to be white. Example:

The Warrior Grinding Tips and Tricks
    1.)Casually walk past all the Npc's until you can see a small blue sphere that leads you to Part two of Forest haven.
    2.)Kill all 7 zombies that are on that path as fast as possible.
    Go through the portal to Part two, but instantly walk Back into the portal. you should now be back on the path that i have mentioned above in step 2. I call this world Swapping. rinse and Repeat until you have the desired amount of PvE kills that you want.
    -Recommended Gear-
    The Warrior's Gear does consist of platinum, but trust me when i say this, it's worth it.
    Helmet:Blacksmith's Beret of Strength (Burke The Blacksmith's First Quest)
    Sword: Avenger's Flaming Moon Axe (Cost 5 Platinum in Store)
    Armor: Plain Chain torso of Power (Buy or Wait for drop when Grinding)
    Shield: Broken Wooden Shield of Power (Buy or Wait for drop when Grinding)

The Enchantress Grinding Tips and Tricks
    1.)Just like the Warrior, the enchantress too, must grind at "Trouble in Forest Haven"
    2.)This requires no certain spots or tricks, my advice is to just simply find a zombie and kill it. They will respawn back, so you don't have to worry about World Swapping.
    3.)The "Strafe". You can actually move while attacking, so use this to run away from zombies!
    -Recommended Gear-
    Helmet: Blacksmith Beret of Intelligence (Burke The Blacksmith's First Quest)
    Weapon: Lightning Bolt Staff of Smarts (5 Platinum in the Platinum Store
    Armor: Ordinary Cloth of Wisdom (Buy or Wait for drop when Grinding)

The Archer Grinding Tips and Tricks
    1.)Just as Before, This class has to grind at "Trouble in Forest Haven"
    2.)The best spot to grind for this class is at the very last path of Part one. You should kill all seven zombies on the last path, then continue to wipe out the whole level. Rinse and Repeat for Best results.
    3.)The "Strafe". You can actually move while attacking, so use this to run away from zombies!
    -Recommended Gear-
    Helmet: Blacksmith's Beret of Dexterity (Burke The Blacksmith's First Quest)
    Weapon: The Bling Flinger (Cost 5 Platinum)
    Armor: Plain Leather Tunic of Evasion(Buy or Wait for drop when Grinding)

Alternate Tips/Tricks That come with Being level One

Potion Farming
    If you didn't know already, when you kill zombies with no potions in your inventory, there is a chance that instead of a drop, you will replenish a potion. Once you gain access to the stash, stash all your potions. Now farm Dungeon kills. When your potions are full at 25, Stash them again. Rinse and repeat until you have your desired amount of potions.

Item Farming
    This is tricky, and requires you to have friends that range from level 1-12. Go to Part 4:"Crypt of The Zombie King" in Forest Haven. Allow your friends to kill and safely get you to the last room. From here, kill the boss "Meathead". After awhile, he will respawn, Continue to kill him and let him respawn. With the help of your friends, you can very well get a rare object worth a lot of gold!

Couldn't Understand a Term or Acronym? Look Below!

AFK- Away from keyboard (Usually just means the person is not there at the moment).
    Alterra- The wonderful place that Pocket Legends takes place in.
    Consignment Shop- Auction House found in Balefort, Buy and sell your items here.
    Gear- Items such as armour and weapons.
    Grinding- is a term used in video gaming to describe the process of engaging in repetitive and/or non-entertaining gameplay in order to gain access to other features within the game, or to allow the player to "grind" better/faster.
    Farming- The act of repeatedly going into a specific dungeon to acquire a certain loot.
    Mob- A large group of enemies.
    NPC- Non-playable character
    Platinum- Coins bought with real currency used to purchase in game premium items or gear.
    PvE- Player vs environment, Meaning dungeon kills in this scenario.
    Strafe- Strafing is the technique of moving around a target in a circle while facing it. Circle strafing allows a player to fire continuously at an opponent while dodging counterattacks.
    Threat Levels- There is a circle beside the health bar of the enemy when you click on them before you even start to tap on the "Attack" button. Anyone that is higher than level one, and in your game will increase the threat levels.
    Twink- Players who have gained the best gear for their level/lower level then level cap character.

This was my first ever guide, i hope you enjoy it!
    Yours Truly, Environment Aka Harmicide
    Harmicide

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harmicide For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmicide View Post
    Naming Your character
    Please for the love of the gods of Alterra Do Not, let me repeat, Do Not Generate the name of your account! Be original and think of something that would look nice on a level one with 5,000 Dungeon kills. Take my account for example, my Warrior's name is Upgraded. I chose upgraded because in truth, he looks like an upgraded level one. It's a pun in itself. You, and the Community would appreciate, and respect your account more with an Original name.
    I have a lot of the same pet peeves as you. I'll have to make one of these when I'm done with my current pet project: a char with:
    .............PVE.....PVP.....CTF
    Kills:.......666.....666......666
    Deaths:...666.....666.....666
    Captures:....................666

Formatting is the best I could get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Formatting For the win! That account would be cool, name him Armageddon, (Best name ever?)
    Harmicide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

In the new Forest Haven, you don't have to stick to just FH1. I take my level 1s through the whole campaign, including the boss gauntlet. The boss gauntlet is a bit boring, so I generally just do FH1-5.

Anyways, you can grind any level of the new Forest Haven with your level 1.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmicide View Post
    Formatting For the win! That account would be cool, name him Armageddon, (Best name ever?)
    I believe that was taken. :/

Fiery Antennae + Orcish Bow + Arty leather + Krazy bear face looks awesome. dying is PVE is so freaking hard. I've spent 2 hours on it, ~450 deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please add me in Pocket Legends if you have a LVL one! My level one beasts name is "thelvlonegod". without the quotations of course... all lvl ones add me!!!
    screw the level 56's!!! everyone make a level one dude! thelvlonegod rocks!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Mob isn't a group of enemies, it's a term for a single enemy. It is short for mobile, the term used all the way back (actually, there's still a ton of them out there) in the original MMOs (MUDs) as the major difference between an item (replica) and a mob is that one moves (as even some items, like barrels, can take damage and be destroyed/die).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

has anything changed since last week? ive tried following this guide, but ive come across a few problems:
    a. no blue orb at the end to go to another level for the swapping
    b. if you leave any mobs, meat head wont spawn.
    c.i cant turn any quests in to the npcs that are in the instance. i.e the quests from smith and jr.
    d. i cant find any level called "crypt of the zombie king" and part 1-4 doesnt have meat head in it.
    e. unless its longer than ten mins(thats all im willing to wait), none of my bosses will respawn.
    also, does being a level one make the drop rate higher for mats and rares? i ran several times with my higher level and i got hardly anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toronero View Post
    has anything changed since last week? ive tried following this guide, but ive come across a few problems:
    a. no blue orb at the end to go to another level for the swapping
    b. if you leave any mobs, meat head wont spawn.
    c.i cant turn any quests in to the npcs that are in the instance. i.e the quests from smith and jr.
    d. i cant find any level called "crypt of the zombie king" and part 1-4 doesnt have meat head in it.
    e. unless its longer than ten mins(thats all im willing to wait), none of my bosses will respawn.
    also, does being a level one make the drop rate higher for mats and rares? i ran several times with my higher level and i got hardly anything.
    They totally revamped fh.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should upgrade this guide with the new level 1 plat gear that recently came out.
    Clownasaurus, Xathumm, Archercroww, Funkyclown, Funkysaurus, Winterbearpig, Tvvinkasaurus, Requicide, Twinkasaurus, Merchasaurus, Helpasaurus, Lvlonetvvink, Vanitycloset, Clownbearpig, Clovvnbearpig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Just made my level one. Level ones out there, add nolevels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Where is the new level 1 plat gear?

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    Where is the new level 1 plat gear?
    I suggest directing all questions to the lvl 1 twink guild, because Harmicide has not been playing for months now. The answer to your question though is if you have an ANDROID, you can create a character and get a premium character upgrade for 50 plat, or you can upgrade an already existing lvl 1-4 and upgrade them for 65 plat.

EDIT: I also might do my own guide for the new update explaining all about the lvl 1 gear and update at every patch. We'll see.
    Last edited by Apocolypze; 07-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I only posted cause theclownsquad said there was lvl1 plat gear recently.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

This thread is awesomely helpful!! I'll join a random team and hit harder than a lvl 20 haha!!
    One thing tho: Mage not the strongest armor, but def hits harder than the bear 1-2 hit kills with a crit hit killing immediatley for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Why is it when I kill a monster it does not count as a dungeon kill? I turned xp off.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i did all the quest still cant acess stash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    i did all the quest still cant acess stash
    they made it so that you can only access stash if you are lvl 4 or above
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spekticle View Post
    Why is it when I kill a monster it does not count as a dungeon kill? I turned xp off.
    They disabled it in a recent update.

Now when ur on disable exp, you cannot gain any kills just like when you go to a scene where mobs are 6 lvls lower than u, you get 0 exp 0 kills.

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

whats the point of lvl 1 if the kills dont count in pve and you cant acess stash anymore...