Thread: What are the pros and cons of a warbird?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What are the pros and cons of a warbird?

i just made a new bird and i was wondering what the pros and cons of being a warbird are compared to a regular dexbird.
    thecakeisaspy Lvl 27 dexbear. pretty much the only character i play on anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    pie war it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

+ strength brings with gear good dodge/armor and you can survive longer
    - skill damage radically lower

Those are two main points.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

More armor/health(pool and regen)
    Considerably less skill damage as said above ^^^
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

As said above in both posts warburd does less dps compared to dex, although it has more health. In my opinion going pure dex is better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Warbird 175 base Dex 100 base Str. I could solo Galactic overlord at level 48 whereas lvl 55 dex birds where getting it handed to them. That's without elixirs or anything.

Don't be discouraged by those who like pure better. Every character has its place in this game. Play the character to how he/she feels most natural to you.

I like being a Warbird but like having a pure dex archer in the party with me lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Perhaps slightly off topic but consider an intbird my level 55 int bird with enchanted wand set has a higher base damage armor Dps and skill damage than my level 56 pure dex with custom talon set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

kraze thats so sick man.....what are your stats for your bird like int/dex wise?? and would you have better skill damage if you used a staff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I'm lazy so I went with like 149 int rest in dex and a booster kit to put on 55 gear. The dmg with a staff is insane if you use a gemstone. I only used the talon/wand comparison because I don't have recurve or enchanted staff to comapre numbers.
    Last edited by Kraze; 06-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slough View Post
    I have a Warbird 175 base Dex 100 base Str. I could solo Galactic overlord at level 48 whereas lvl 55 dex birds where getting it handed to them. That's without elixirs or anything.

Don't be discouraged by those who like pure better. Every character has its place in this game. Play the character to how he/she feels most natural to you.

I like being a Warbird but like having a pure dex archer in the party with me lol
    Technically you're a hybrid. Warbirds have strength > dex
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I'm lazy so I went with like 149 int rest in dex and a booster kit to put on 55 gear. The dmg with a staff is insane if you use a gemstone it ***********deleted**************** I only used the talon/wand comparison because I don't have recurve or enchanted staff to comapre numbers.
    Noooo!!! You gave it away!!! And actually that's not quite right.

That' wierd... 55s should have no problem at all.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

That's because you like playing with someone who actually does a lot of damage and having a pure dex bird in the party will help make up for your lack of damage.

Any character, be it bear, bird or mage, that puts a lot of points in strength is trading damage/healing for survivability. It means that that individual character will now contribute less to the overall party (damage for killing mobs and bosses, if a mage, also less healing) but instead have an easier time playing the game because they can be more careless about when and where they go and attack because they don't die as easily.

The only time I think it really makes sense to have points in strength is when you will be acting as the "tank" in the party. It means you will be the one first in to the room and get the first wave of hits before everyone else helps to blow up everything. On a bear, this is quite effective because bears are designed to assist in the tanking process and the tools at their disposal not only allow them to be the first in the room to soak up hits, but also group up the monsters and stun them, a meaningful contribution besides just damaging the monsters and absorbing the first wave of hits.

I believe warbirds and pallies bring less to the table than pures when there is a bear tank available in the group. When there is no bear tank, then it is nice to have one of these types in the group to go in first. However, these days most people who plays this game seriously either knows a bunch of good bears or has a 55-56 bear in addition to their bird or mage. The need for a bird or mage tank to fill a gap in bear tanking has rapidly diminished, and I think most people who play frequently also see the difference in effective contribution a str-bird/mage bring to the table when there is a well rounded party (bear, mage and bird) running boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Noooo!!! You gave it away!!! And actually that's not quite right.

That' wierd... 55s should have no problem at all.
    Edited my post feel free to post corrected information if you like