Thread: BBB - Bow Bear Berserker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BBB - Bow Bear Berserker

Bow bears/dex bears were always a topic of heated debates so I decided to show mine and share some tips and ideas with all of you. All CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK is more than welcome.

INTRO

That's how ur stats will look end game. Armor crit ring, mage buff, no self.

Same Set up with added full self buff and revive's 1 min buff.

10 dmg 2 crit ring, no mage buffs, right before I hit 56

My "build" focuses on being as useful to the party as possible, thus control the mob/boss and punch as much damage as possible.

BUILD

Many ppl spread rumors that STR increases damage of bear's skills dramatically more than DEX. It isn't true, for a fact I did a test using raid roach recurve and compared the damage displayed on stomp with dual spec and full dex - the difference was BADOOM BOOM!! 3 DAMAGE!! The only advantage u get by investing in STR while using DEX gear is noticeable health boost, along with slight h/s, dodge, armor bonus. All boiling down to the question: Do u want to be the one punching or the one being punched. I prefer the prior if u do too read on.

STATS

DEX DEX DEX DEX!
    More dex means: more damage, armor penetration, and u still retain the high skill damage u'd get with massive STR.

SKILLS

My end game build looks like this: 6 RAGE, 6 STOMP, 6 BECKON, 6 HELL SCREAM, 6 TAUNT, 6 IRON BLOOD, 5 EVADE, 6 CRUSHING BLOW, 6 SUPER MEGA SLASH, 1 VENGEFUL SLASH, 1 CRIPPLING SLASH, 0 RESTORE

Rage is the single best damaging self buff in the game. Works amazing with fast DEX weapons.
    Stomp ur first aoe attack with good damage, decent range and cooldown. Used shortly after Beckon triggers the Smash! aoe combo for added damage, massive knock-back and guaranteed stun effect.
    Beckon aka pull; it deals damage (somewhat in the range of ur normal attack damage), draws whole mobs of monsters towards you and has a chance of stunning them. Its vast 12m radius is worth noting.
    Hellscream when maxed is my favorite debuff of all. It decreases the damage and hit% by factor of -30, increasing ur survivability if use properly (to maximize it's effectiveness, u must be within a group of monsters!)
    Iron Blood and Evade are ur two basic purely defensive self buffs. Pop them when ever u're approaching a larger mob.
    Taunt aggroes monsters within vast radius of 12m.When maxed, it provides 12 sec stacking buff giving 8 dodge each, adding up to 16 dodge that can be maintained permanently for NO MANA AT ALL if u hit it as soon as it cools down. This can be used in two ways: when mobs are around to keep the heat of off ur team mates, or selfishly to boost ur dodge when no monsters are around.
    Crushing Blow always comes first out of all 4 single target offensive skills in your arsenal for obvious reasons: reduces dodge and damage, making it perfect skill to cast on a boss right after Smash! combo and follow it up with ur 3 slashes. Presumed hidden armor debuff
    Super Mega Slash aka SMS. Quick reuse, best damage of all 3 slashes, has a chance to stun. Presumed hidden armor debuff.
    Vengful Slash Knock back, another skill to spam for bonus damage.
    Crippling Slash Supposed to root target, never confirmed the effect myself but it's always nice to have another ST (single target) skill to spam on a boss fight.
    Restore Small heal, temporary h/s regen bonus and I heard it removes debuffs, making it nice investment of one point if u pvp.

For new players I recommend maxing RAGE asap then STOMP and BECKON as soon as it becomes available (save up some skill points!!)

TACTICS

As I already mention ur primary goal is to crowd control (group monsters in an orderly fashion) and punch massive damage as you do it.

MOB CLEARING

There is one golden rule that will keep u from getting booted: DONT TOSS MOBS ALL OVER THE PLACE!
    Basically cast Beckon near objects such as rocks, walls corners and move away from it as the monsters are being pulled. As soon as they move right past u Stomp em into the object. This way they wont be spread all over the place. Dont forget to pop ur Rage on, and Iron Blood/Evade (those two are a must for bigger groups!) If the mob has tendency to survive the combo and ur team's onslaught, use Hell Scream to buy u some extra time while Beckon and Stomp cool down.

BOSS FIGHT

The tactic that I use on bosses is fairly simple and has never failed me. Here go the pictures demonstrating it and promptly explaining the basics. (I didnt mention that u have to spam Taunt all the time and Iron Blood/Evade as needed cuz I assume it's obvious)

This way u keep tossing the boss over relatively small area minimizing the interruption to ur party's damage and maximizing the control over the boss (added damage comes as a bonus!)

Following up with barrage of slashes as soon as u nail the boss into the side of the corner makes ur damaging capabilities come very close to those of a bird with same equipment.

EQUIPMENT

Until I reached level 50 I didn't really bother with expensive stuff. I just supplied myself with anything that had decent armor and damage for my level and didn't cost an arm and a leg. However once I hit 50 I knew I had to invest some money in a good set. There are many options, I won't elaborate too much. Just give u and show few examples.

Void Bow, Void Gun, Sentinel Gun, Sentinel Talon, Mystery Bow, Cyber Gun, Cyber Talon are all nice sets. Here are some pics (I might add more over time) also u can refer to http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Oasis-Part-III and http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-amp-Crafting

Mystery bow set has nice dmage, dps, focus lvl5 proc (chance to get lvl5 bird's skill focus adding 25 crit and hit), insane h/s, but lacks in armor, crit and dodge. Screen taken on all self buffs, with vanity helm addint 1 armor, and ring adding 10 damage/2crit. With the focus proc u'd get 25 more crit and hit!

Most defensive talon set with decent damage, crit, dodge, h/s, m/s. The only drawback is the price. Screen taken on all selfbuffs with 8 armor/2 dodge ring.

Customized Recurve Set. I think the stats speak for themselves. Pure offense. Full self buff, 10 dmg/2crit ring, vanity helm 1 armor. It's worth to note that I usually go with 8 armor 2 crit ring for mob clearing and 10 dmg 2 crit for bosses.

Version 1.0
    Future Updates may include typo fixing, credits, more screens/screen resolution fix and PVP section (after I explore that side of the game as I just hit 56 on my BBB and I'm looking forward to new experiences xD)
    Last edited by Vivi; 06-11-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Ruthlesskill Bear/Warrior LvL76/15 (PL/AL)
    Viciouskill Mage/Sorcerer LvL76/15
    Mercilesskill Dex Bird LvL67