Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farming is getting stupid...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Farming is getting stupid...

Spacetime you guys gave us the new boss beat down map.... And people are still killing one boss from it and restarting. I love the new map and I think it should stay. I'm just suggesting can you guys only allow a character to create a game once a every minute? I'm tired of joining a game to actually play the level then I get kicked because either I'm not there to farm or join and the game ends right then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Solid Idea. There should be a 5 minute span between game creations, but by implementing that you could also implement a replay button.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    Solid Idea. There should be a 5 minute span between game creations, but by implementing that you could also implement a replay button.
    It could be more than 5 minutes too... cos 5 minutes is a short time when you think it only takes like 3 minutes to go in the game kill boss and end it... the 5 minutes to wait and repeat. Thats only 8 minutes a run... still way to kind to farmers. I think like 20mins to half an hour would be better and more reallistic because you should know when your starting a game that your going to play all of it otherwise you wouldnt have started it.

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll tell you whats even more stupid than farming, and that is the outragious prices floating around for items...100k? 200k? 300k? 400K!? Really? Was there a thread I haven't read on the pricing of items, or are people really that FN greedy?
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    I'll tell you whats even more stupid than farming, and that is the outragious prices floating around for items...100k? 200k? 300k? 400K!? Really? Was there a thread I haven't read on the pricing of items, or are people really that FN greedy?
    I do agree with this. If you want to stop farming, then the prices will have to reflect it.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Stop farming = higher prices. Less supply means you pay more not less.

Was everyone playing pocket legends in Econ 101?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    I do agree with this. If you want to stop farming, then the prices will have to reflect it.
    This is true, but theres no way I'm gonna spend plat or real money for gold like some "Un-named" people...
    And on another note, if they do implement an 10-15 minute delay on hosting games and prices for items do go up, I'd like to see the OLD OLD item selling prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    Stop farming = higher prices. Less supply means you pay more not less.

Was everyone playing pocket legends in Econ 101?
    I don't know if you can directly correlate farming to prices. And even if you could, I don't think you could say supply/demand is entirely based on said relationship.

I think you can correlate farming to scarcity, at least in a market system context, however. Or at least show a direct path.

PS - Esus, yeah they're that greedy. Just consider in game spam for a moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i think they should have just made the level with just strictly bosses in it because this is just another level to exploit farming techniques i.e pull boss and kill then get out... maybe have 3 or 4 in one corner and the other 3-4 in another corner in this case it will be challenging... i don't know just an idea... maybe kinda stupid lol
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You guys have some good points but you gotta remember that right now, farming is basically the only thing end-game players can do exclusively.

I don't think its good either. But theres gonna have to be a substitute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I don't think a time interval between game starts would do much of anything. People would just get in groups and take turns hosting, or switching characters or even accounts. It's really not to bad as is. Most groups I see farming kill at least three bosses, and a number of crocs on the way. I suppose making Zeke tougher to reach, or maybe sticking Frogmar right in the corner with him might be a good move, but I like the map a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    Spacetime you guys gave us the new boss beat down map.... And people are still killing one boss from it and restarting. I love the new map and I think it should stay. I'm just suggesting can you guys only allow a character to create a game once a every minute? I'm tired of joining a game to actually play the level then I get kicked because either I'm not there to farm or join and the game ends right then...
    The damn level was basically made for farming. >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the tactic now is to pull just the boss and let the other mobs go back to their original position, or people running through the instances leaving mobs and killing bosses

in this case bosses should be doing alot more aoe damage, aoe damage that healers should be healing

but i agree that there isnt much else to do in this game so farming is pretty much all, i havent farmed in a while, just because i dont need the money, or items and i find it boring

people are greedy yup, more apparent in this game i found, especially in towne with all that spam
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with all of you, the new 'more challenging' map is the easiest to solo to date. An easy fix out of this is to make specific items dropped by specific bosses and MAKE THE GAME MORE CHALLENGING! People farm for items because they don't want to pay 100-400k for a hat and in the process get a lot of items they don't care about. The other reason people farm is that there is nothing else to do; PvP is pretty lame, there are no quests, there are no crafts, there are no tough bosses. Another content update (alien oasis) is more than likely going to cause 2 days of enjoyment and then it will be the exact same boredom for another month.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rannos View Post
    I agree with all of you, the new 'more challenging' map is the easiest to solo to date. An easy fix out of this is to make specific items dropped by specific bosses and MAKE THE GAME MORE CHALLENGING! People farm for items because they don't want to pay 100-400k for a hat and in the process get a lot of items they don't care about. The other reason people farm is that there is nothing else to do; PvP is pretty lame, there are no quests, there are no crafts, there are no tough bosses. Another content update (alien oasis) is more than likely going to cause 2 days of enjoyment and then it will be the exact same boredom for another month.
    I agree with him
    -The Fire Clan-http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...partssig-1.jpg
    Bopart lvl 28 archer,Bopartt lvl 14 warrior,Boparttt lvl 11 Enchantress,MostDeaths lvl 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You speak volumes of truth Rannos...if only the next dungons level cap was to 45 rather than 40...what am i thinking, that'll never happen...sigh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    You speak volumes of truth Rannos...if only the next dungons level cap was to 45 rather than 40...what am i thinking, that'll never happen...sigh...
    Excuse me kind sir, I have for thee a gift.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...5355#post25355

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    Excuse me kind sir, I have for thee a gift.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...5355#post25355
    Ahh yes...I have seen this amazing news in another thread...Sneaky sneaky Devs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunatly, in my opinion, the game currently is built for farming:

1. You can jump to any level in a campaign without having to work your way through each level to get to the big fights.
    2. There is no rime or reason to item drops. If certain bosses always dropped a certain item, or at least type of item.
    3. Trading and selling is an absolute joke.

Not sure of any real solution to this. Its meant to be a pocket game that you can play for 30 mins so they can't really change anything. I think it just is what it is.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the cut of your jib, Gavry.