Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bored to the Core

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I gree in your first point. I think it's better the lesser "overpowered" items are in the game the better. Now even mythic is almost as common as legendary gear.
    Actually it should be like in the season the mythic helmet came out. Only the very best players were able to get it.
    I actually like a level playing field. I want everything to be farmable. I don't like locks, which are the root cause of the surplus of high end gear/eggs, but they aren't going anywhere.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I actually like a level playing field. I want everything to be farmable. I don't like locks, which are the root cause of the surplus of high end gear/eggs, but they aren't going anywhere.
    Locks are only reason people buy plat.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

in fact, there is another reason that ppl using plat besides opening locks...............transfer plat to gold directly!!!

I know u may not believe , but that is the fact

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    People will always complain. That's human nature. However, there is no denying that this game has gone stale.

We have seen too many seasons with no real progress. The 26 / 31 mythics lasted 2 1/2 years (upgrading to 36 doesn't count as new gear), and since then they have only released crate-only mythic weapons that give +100 dmg over anything else, but then make a farmable mythic set where the stats are a very minor (if any) improvement over the old gear. The reasoning behind this is that the players are getting too strong so they can't give us any improvement in our armour stats. However, they did the same thing 3 seasons in a row.

When the only real improvement in stats comes from gambling with crates, and farming for months gets you almost no improvement, there is something very wrong. One can easily blow $100 on this game and get nothing for it. I'm currently playing elsewhere where $100 gets me 3 months of premium play bonuses and early access to a pre-release game with endless things to do and progress on. There are any number of games that give you this kind of bang for your buck, so why would someone spend it on a game that offers zero progression unless you are willing to flush hundreds down the toilet? Unless they offer some real incentive to play and ability to improve, I don't see AL lasting more than another year at most.
    Spent about 200$ on the game when I first getting into it, and I actually lost gold instead of gaining some. Ridiculous, and is why I left the instant that happened. You should be getting guranteed stuff, not these garbage crates that offer nothing but luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    in fact, there is another reason that ppl using plat besides opening locks...............transfer plat to gold directly!!!

The plat transfer to gold is not even close to being worth at all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Burstnuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    I know. I'm the one who sells the locks to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    The plat transfer to gold is not even close to being worth at all.
    Why would anyone actually directly convert plat to gold when they can buy tons of ankh/luck kits with plat and sell them for gold?
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Imo this winter event is good except for one major problem. If your a low level player trying to reach plat it is extremely hard. I personally have 2 lvl 46 1 lvl 44 -1L 22-1-L 19
    When I enter with my 2 low level toons it takes twice as long, plus over half the time 1 always leaves.
    Before anyone post I don't have a problem blah... blah... This is just my opinion and from many I have spoken to.
    S.t.s awesome event love it ,however in the future scale it down a little for the beginners and low lvl players just a little

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is true, but it mainly depends on how you play the game, as a merchant, a pvp player, an adventurer, a socializer (want to have friends ingame)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

What i hate the most about these game is that designers dont have new ideas.. They just recolor the same stuff tons of times and change stats (on pets). Thats what annoys me the most..

Kershals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomsawer View Post
    Imo this winter event is good except for one major problem. If your a low level player trying to reach plat it is extremely hard. I personally have 2 lvl 46 1 lvl 44 -1L 22-1-L 19
    When I enter with my 2 low level toons it takes twice as long, plus over half the time 1 always leaves.
    Before anyone post I don't have a problem blah... blah... This is just my opinion and from many I have spoken to.
    S.t.s awesome event love it ,however in the future scale it down a little for the beginners and low lvl players just a little
    I've already reported it, but no fix.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nd-Suggestions

The next day they buffed the second boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Finally the boredom is over !!! )
    http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee365/milyemily97/papapam.gif

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the game needs more map diversity especially at endgame in terms of money making.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The game needs new loot and new maps to farm in really badly. Those maps should be playable by those without op gear/pets as well, unlike planar tombs and elite Rengol, which are extremely hard for the legendary player. What we have now is:
    1. Same 3 maps as 1 year ago: planar tomb 2, planar arena and elite tindirin wilds. The difference is that except the planar frags, drakhin teeth and vial everything else is totally worthless. So one farms only for those and nothing else.
    2. The elite rengol maps, of which people mostly farm only the first one and never ever kill any bosses, as they drop only worthless/useless items. Only good thing are the fangs.
    3. Jewels have kept a very high price over the last 6 months and gems are practically on par with them. A new player has no real means to obtain even +4 jewels (especially if rogue) without dumping a considerable sum of real life currency or farm locked forever.

P.S. admittedly once one is maxed making more gold is not that hard. The start for the new players is very hard and the old players can't bear farming same maps literally for years. Heck even the crappy epic items in planar tombs and elite tin are still lvl 41. Yet those maps were "padded out" without adding new loot to them and contrary to the community's feedback.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    The game needs new loot and new maps to farm in really badly. Those maps should be playable by those without op gear/pets as well
    What you say right here is impossible to create. If you make maps with "farmable gear" (i.e. items that can be farmed and sold for good amounts of gold) and you make those maps playable by those with legendary gear, then those with OP gear will farm them to death so easily that the items will become common and worth almost nothing.

Unless STS were to add new maps like this every couple of weeks, this strategy would not work.

The only possibility to make something like this work is to do what they did in Pocket Legends back in 2012 with the Dragon Vanity Sets. They make the maps not so difficult, but the drop rate was almost nonexistent, so that you could run the maps hours per day for a month and never even witness a dragon item drop. But because of that those dragon items were worth 10m+ per item and it kept people farming there in the hope that one day they would get lucky.

However, once they increased the drop rate in a matter of weeks the prices dropped to almost nothing and everyone lost interest. Also, whatever rare items there are like this can never be available in locked crates, or else that too will ruin the rarity.

The problem with doing this is that it generates no revenue for STS. Tons of people were playing Pocket Legends and farming the dungeons in Mount Fang for dragon items, but they weren't spending any money in the game doing so. So ultimately what made the players happy was unsustainable for STS as a business model.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-05-2016 at 10:02 PM.