Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bored to the Core

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    I agree with about half of the things you said.

But as for the entry of energy kits, I think it just depends in how the event was designed. Halloween 2014 was great even tho it had energy. So is the easter egg event where you get to open those eggs that give ankhs/myth ring/etc. and that had recipes. How jewels drop is bad for me, but how they are intended to be is good. In the long run, you can just take out all your jewels out of your old gear and put them in the new one after the old ones get outdated. As for pets over time, I believe they should get outdated, regardless of rarity. They will still have decent use of course, but over time player stats are growing stronger, people will always look forward to being stronger thus why there's better pets. You cant release a new model for a car with the same features but different looks, over time there should be something that makes people want to get it because its better than the last one. Just my 2c.
    Easter Egg event doesn't have energy and it had only one recipe and so you can fill your slots with it which is the only worth of that event. Halloween 2014 was nothing before the events without energy kits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Lol from the looks of it, the easter event was the best event this year.. LOL

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

When something is new people get really excited and want to buy it but when it's old they dont care about it anymore...only few keep the old things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I managed to buy that badger thinking of farming...
    Managed to get brood 5 times for full 1 hour not even 1min less.
    I used lep n elixirs

What I got???

Nothing!!!
    I'm -90- -100k low for elixir cost, tired n unhappy.

Better use Lovecraft events mechanism of portals...
    Lovecraft is my favorite event cos of that mechanism where everyone was happy and enjoying.
    Way to get...Let it let..

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

The brood breeding ground should have a decent lot IMO. Without decent loot it would be a waste of time going in. Also reduce the needed Flame eggs to fill the bar, its so dissapointing to spend all those HARD FARMED flame eggs to help filling up the bar only to have it opened while your sleep or at school/work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I have a few suggestions for next events.

1. Two event maps: Make one that is short and one that is longer and filled with trash mobs. The short one requires an energy kit and is targeted for LB runners. The longer one is free to enter, but takes longer to complete.

2. Put some exclusive vanities in the bosses' loot table: I don't want to see bosses go the way of Elite Glintstone bosses or even Bloodgrub and Boogie. Seriously, MMO bosses are the crucial aspect of PvE, but in AL they don't drop anything that would pay for potion costs. At least this would give fighting a boss some value.

3. Event Jewels vs. Regular Jewels: Event Jewels have a special particle/ground effect, but have the exact same function as a regular jewel. They are just cool vanity jewels as a bonus. This won't be "game-breaking" but if the particle/ground effect is cool enough, it will have value.
    /11characters
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes, I agreed, this event was boring, money and time-wasting (from waiting the crafting done, getting to the plat tier which is 6.7k points that has only a reward of vanities) and come on?! do we need those stuff? to prevent the games unbalanced? not focusing on gears? Anyways, STS had done a great job, last 2013, how I wish I experienced that year/season where those veteran players are telling that AL became the best MMO. Still, I managed to play this once in awhile and it will be a year now since I played last year this month. And what Hoard said is true, I suppose, even though I didn't start playing on 2013 but I just see posts then telling that season was the best. STS should get the event for good next year, I mean, a great way to have some loots and money making events.
    Anyways,
    Wish you a Merry Christmas to all!!! ^_^ Happy Holidays!!! (It's better to spend your time to your family )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

First event I ever stopped playing in the middle of it...
    Aegis

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    These events are more waiting and crafting lockeds, energy, flamestone eggs, than actually playing the game... I spend more time sitting around than playing... what's the point of a game you can't actually play?...
    I think your comment gets to the heart of the problem... A game is supposed to be at least 51% fun, but with the tedious fangs, exponentially impossible jewels, and event crafting, it's become more like a job than a game. I totally understand STS' need to make a profit, but there has to be a better way than this.

Excluding the BIG PRIZES from the event has robbed the event of its purpose. There's no centerpiece, just consolation vanity prizes. It's style over substance. The BIG PRIZES are what generate the excitement. Working together with your in-game friends to conquer the event and achieve great rewards is what generates the real fun.

Honestly, I disliked the energy system from the moment I heard about it. It's a giant barrier to fun and working together. This is why:

Player 1: "Hey wanna do event?"
    Player 2: "Nope sorry, out of energy"
    Player 1: "ok np" (Thinks: ugh. That's the third one I asked. is there anyone who has energy left? This is sooo irritating. I guess I have to solo again. This sucks.)

Most players I know feel rebellious toward the energy system and refuse to spend plat on it because it's just so obnoxious. They feel like their wallets are being farmed. They make it a point to farm energy essence and then save it for the next event instead of spending it playing with others in the guild. The energy system has turned the hardcore AL players into grumpy soloists. The new players have all the fun because they haven't yet felt the energy drain.

The energy system was tolerable when events had big prizes, but now it's not worth investing real money (plat). It's almost not worth investing the time into farming energy.

I want STS to be able to make a profit. I know the balance between F2P and P2P is extremely difficult to achieve. I know there are probably good reasons STS has removed BIG PRIZES from event lineups. I know STS has a tough, thankless job of managing an entire fantasy world. Every MMO developer faces the same trouble. I encourage STS to continue seeking balance and harmony with all competing needs.
    Last edited by Niixed; 12-23-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Playing since L16 cap, can't even get past L27 lol. Yeah alot had changed, now its all about pets.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider023 View Post
    Playing since L16 cap, can't even get past L27 lol. Yeah alot had changed, now its all about pets.
    Best pets are cheap now, unlike before. And the game moves forward not stand still. Stagnant game-play is boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Best pets are cheap now, unlike before. And the game moves forward not stand still. Stagnant game-play is boring.
    Because they drastically improved drop rates , that's why mythic items are below 1mil, Including newer items. But upgrading it takes over 10mil .
    Last edited by Hoardseeker; 12-23-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

They should implement any one of these to ensure equality among plat & non plat users :-

1. Replace gold given in daily quests to 2 or 3 plats & replace 2 & 25 potions from klass & shaazbot with 5-10K gold or 1-5 plats.

2. Make tradeable platinum kits of 50, 100, 150, 200 & 250 so players who wanna buy plats without spending real cash can buy plats for gold & players who wanna make fast gold spending real cash can sell plat kits for gold.

Regarding event :-

1. Make bonus portals just like 2014 goblin event which can be opened using an special item like relic so, players who cant afford plats to buy kits can keep running other maps to find bonus portals.

2. Reduce energy refill time to 3hrs 30 mins.

3. Make energy kits purchasable for event tokens.

4. Extend LB ranking list 100 places with just banner reward for players ranking from 50-100 so, players who run event maps oftenly spending their minimum amount of gold to earn banners can make their event runs with less stress.

5. Most importantly increase energy essence drop rate.

[NOTE : None of these above points will be taken into consideration by STS & implement them ]
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 12-23-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    But for gears it shouldn't be like that
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Mythic-Armour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Plats for gold... Lol if u r made manager for one day.... U ll nuke the company.. Lol.. Sts confirmed this will never happen..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rabidfurdroolz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Still can't afford, I am sticking with the forums.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a realy good thread keep up the good work and make STS notice this!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twinkplays View Post
    this is a realy good thread keep up the good work and make STS notice this!!
    The only way STS notices things is if we write down our suggestions on $100 bills and mail it to them. Maybe that's just my cynicism talking... but it definitely feels that way most times.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaizor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

my problem with this game is jewel system.

my problem with this event is no event jewel.

"Quote to reply, I use tapasucks."
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    They should implement any one of these to ensure equality among plat & non plat users :-

1. Replace gold given in daily quests to 2 or 3 plats & replace 2 & 25 potions from klass & shaazbot with 5-10K gold or 1-5 plats.

2. Make tradeable platinum kits of 50, 100, 150, 200 & 250 so players who wanna buy plats without spending real cash can buy plats for gold & players who wanna make fast gold spending real cash can sell plat kits for gold.

Regarding event :-

1. Make bonus portals just like 2014 goblin event which can be opened using an special item like relic so, players who cant afford plats to buy kits can keep running other maps to find bonus portals.

2. Reduce energy refill time to 3hrs 30 mins.

3. Make energy kits purchasable for event tokens.

4. Extend LB ranking list 100 places with just banner reward for players ranking from 50-100 so, players who run event maps oftenly spending their minimum amount of gold to earn banners can make their event runs with less stress.

5. Most importantly increase energy essence drop rate.

[NOTE : None of these above points will be taken into consideration by STS & implement them ]
    If you make play kits for gold now, people only want to get plat kit to get whatever they want and wont buy other kits ,the other kits lose their value , think before you say.