Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bored to the Core

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

People will always complain. That's human nature. However, there is no denying that this game has gone stale.

We have seen too many seasons with no real progress. The 26 / 31 mythics lasted 2 1/2 years (upgrading to 36 doesn't count as new gear), and since then they have only released crate-only mythic weapons that give +100 dmg over anything else, but then make a farmable mythic set where the stats are a very minor (if any) improvement over the old gear. The reasoning behind this is that the players are getting too strong so they can't give us any improvement in our armour stats. However, they did the same thing 3 seasons in a row.

When the only real improvement in stats comes from gambling with crates, and farming for months gets you almost no improvement, there is something very wrong. One can easily blow $100 on this game and get nothing for it. I'm currently playing elsewhere where $100 gets me 3 months of premium play bonuses and early access to a pre-release game with endless things to do and progress on. There are any number of games that give you this kind of bang for your buck, so why would someone spend it on a game that offers zero progression unless you are willing to flush hundreds down the toilet? Unless they offer some real incentive to play and ability to improve, I don't see AL lasting more than another year at most.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    I have played AL since S1, in my opinion, players never stop complaining, in any time....

The L46 mythic set at least are farmable, although need long time, it is alrdy a progress.
    I didn't Complain that Normal players cannot Get mythic without playing , I Meant the Level 36 Mythic Set ( Upgraded) is still a Junk in my inventory.
    Last edited by Hoardseeker; 12-28-2015 at 12:50 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

sigh.....i agree all.................but .....useless..............so...just enjoy....till ..........finally u feel bored....

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    People will always complain. That's human nature. However, there is no denying that this game has gone stale.

We have seen too many seasons with no real progress. The 26 / 31 mythics lasted 2 1/2 years (upgrading to 36 doesn't count as new gear), and since then they have only released crate-only mythic weapons that give +100 dmg over anything else, but then make a farmable mythic set where the stats are a very minor (if any) improvement over the old gear. The reasoning behind this is that the players are getting too strong so they can't give us any improvement in our armour stats. However, they did the same thing 3 seasons in a row.

When the only real improvement in stats comes from gambling with crates, and farming for months gets you almost no improvement, there is something very wrong. One can easily blow $100 on this game and get nothing for it. I'm currently playing elsewhere where $100 gets me 3 months of premium play bonuses and early access to a pre-release game with endless things to do and progress on. There are any number of games that give you this kind of bang for your buck, so why would someone spend it on a game that offers zero progression unless you are willing to flush hundreds down the toilet? Unless they offer some real incentive to play and ability to improve, I don't see AL lasting more than another year at most.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    sigh.....i agree all.................but .....useless..............so...just enjoy....till ..........finally u feel bored....
    There is nothing useless about constructive criticism. If they start making gear that offers worthwhile stat improvements and allow players to play more than 3 maps in a season, that would bring back a lot of the drifting playerbase. Seasonal leaderboards (yes, the non-timed-run leaderboards) would also give people a sense of purpose.

It's ultimately up to the devs, but saying nothing is worse than useless.
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-28-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    I didn't Complain that Normal players cannot Get mythic without playing , I Meant the Level 36 Mythic Set ( Upgraded) is still a Junk in my inventory.
    You are complaining that there is nothing to profitably farm, yet you want to have your level 36 mythic set upgraded. Allowing gear to be upgraded kills farming. At some point my planar pendant and glintstone helmet are going to be stuck in my inventory. That doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    You are complaining that there is nothing to profitably farm, yet you want to have your level 36 mythic set upgraded. Allowing gear to be upgraded kills farming. At some point my planar pendant and glintstone helmet are going to be stuck in my inventory. That doesn't bother me at all.
    I didn't Complain that I Need another Upgrade to that set , I just Wanted to make some changes with that Like converting it into Vanity , instead Liquidating it or keeping it as a Junk in my inventory.Don't try to criticise me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I didn't Complain that I Need another Upgrade to that set , I just Wanted to make some changes with that Like converting it into Vanity , instead Liquidating it or keeping it as a Junk in my inventory.Don't try to criticise me.
    If they give players the option of turning the set into a tradeable vanity, how much do you think it will sell for? 100k?

I'd much rather have the devs use their limited resources elsewhere, like on existing bugs, new content, and class balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

If they give players the option of turning the set into a tradeable vanity, how much do you think it will sell for? 100k?

I'd much rather have the devs use their limited resources elsewhere, like on existing bugs, new content, and class balance.
    Converting it into a Vanity doesn't take much effort , I don't care how much it sells for , It looks cool and the Community likes it as a Vanity , that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

In my opinion it is pretty unfair with these mythic stuff. I spent millions on it and much time to upgrade the gear and now I have nothing.
    If I'd have been gone with legendary gear I could at least have sold it now for the normal prizes or create a twink in this level and give it to him.

It's like you would buy a new phone and half a year later no one would even give you a penny for that, for me really unrealistic, thats why I think this has to be changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    In my opinion it is pretty unfair with these mythic stuff. I spent millions on it and much time to upgrade the gear and now I have nothing.
    If I'd have been gone with legendary gear I could at least have sold it now for the normal prizes or create a twink in this level and give it to him.

It's like you would buy a new phone and half a year later no one would even give you a penny for that, for me really unrealistic, thats why I think this has to be changed.
    Players bought arcane rings for 50m and Nekro for 45m. I'd say they lost a lot more gold than you.

Don't cry about it. Go farm. Farming is what keeps the economy going. Allowing the mythic upgrade in the first place really hurt the economy. If you could simply keep trading in gear for better gear the game would die.

And the mythic set is stashable. You can create a twink.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 12-28-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Players bought arcane rings for 50m and Nekro for 45m. I'd say they lost a lot more gold than you.

Don't cry about it. Go farm. Farming is what keeps the economy going. Allowing the mythic upgrade in the first place really hurt the economy. If you could simply keep trading in gear for better gear the game would die.

As you said , Farm, That's the thing we are complaining ,the Farming thing has been completely Changed which we Hate! If you Read out the points on my thread ,most of them will tell you how farming items has changed over years from 2012.Better read my main Post first . And again WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER UPGRADE FOR LV36 MYTHIC I've used Caps as I already told it in my other post but you just don't read what I said. We just asked it to be converted into vanity , that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

As you said , Farm, That's the thing we are complaining ,the Farming thing has been completely Changed which we Hate! If you Read out the points on my thread ,most of them will tell you how farming items has changed over years from 2012.Better read my main Post first . And again WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER UPGRADE FOR LV36 MYTHIC I've used Caps as I already told it in my other post but you just don't read what I said. We just asked it to be converted into vanity , that's all.
    You don't want old arcane pets to become obsolete. That would hurt farming and make all other classes of pets pointless.

You don't like recipes. Getting rid of recipes would also hurt farming because it would make farming less sustainable. I agree that the glintstone recipes are excessive, but only because the set isn't an upgrade.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

You don't want old arcane pets to become obsolete. That would hurt farming and make all other classes of pets pointless.

You don't like recipes. Getting rid of recipes would also hurt farming because it would make farming less sustainable. I agree that the glintstone recipes are excessive, but only because the set isn't an upgrade.
    I didn't say "oh! Get rid of those recipes" . READ MY MAIN POST FIRST . I've used Caps as I told it already in my previous post and you don't want to read that till now, here is a Quote from main post:
    I've started hating this game , those are my thoughts on the changes made over game and it's a boring to the core event
    So as I said, thats my thoughts on the game and I did not force anyone to revert those changes.
    Here is another quoted reply :
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    These events are more waiting and crafting lockeds, energy, flamestone eggs, than actually playing the game... I spend more time sitting around than playing... what's the point of a game you can't actually play?...
    If you're a old player you'd know how the changes affected the gameplay, better read those replies made by other Players too. Don't try to criticise me. And i've also forgot to add a point , The Exclusivity of Vanities , Vanities are EXCLUSIVELY available only from the Plat Purchase . Which is a great income for STS as Everyone wants vanities.The Major loss is they made farm able Vanities so the plat bought vanities lost their Value and no one buys it.
    Last edited by Hoardseeker; 12-29-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I really do not want to sound like I am crying. I dont care about the gold but I think its pretty unfair that the gear is useless now.
    In my opinion nekro and arcane ring prizes are normal since the prices always drop and you could just wait to buy it cheaper. The same was in Season 1 or 2 with hammerjaw when he was that expensive and if you want to buy it now you can get him way cheaper.

I didn't say "oh! Get rid of those recipes" . READ MY MAIN POST FIRST . I've used Caps as I told it already in my previous post and you don't want to read that till now, here is a Quote from main post:

So as I said, thats my thoughts on the game and I did not force anyone to revert those changes.
    Here is another quoted reply :

If you're a old player you'd know how the changes affected the gameplay, better read those replies made by other Players too. Don't try to criticise me. And i've also forgot to add a point , The Exclusivity of Vanities , Vanities are EXCLUSIVELY available only from the Plat Purchase . Which is a great income for STS as Everyone wants vanities.The Major loss is they made farm able Vanities so the plat bought vanities lost their Value and no one buys it.
    Exactly what I think too. I remember the times when you were farming different elites and km3 to loot eggs and lockeds.
    Now you could only farm km3 or watchers tomb for essences. Then craft energy kits and do event runs for points...
    I miss where you stared at those purple eggs you and your friends dropped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

Quite true especially the mythic titles and arcane eggs. For example Hammerjaw used to be a awesome pet and now boom, lame old pet...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I really do not want to sound like I am crying. I dont care about the gold but I think its pretty unfair that the gear is useless now.
    In my opinion nekro and arcane ring prizes are normal since the prices always drop and you could just wait to buy it cheaper. The same was in Season 1 or 2 with hammerjaw when he was that expensive and if you want to buy it now you can get him way cheaper.
    The tradeoff for upgrading was that it would become untradeable. This has already been debated to death in old threads.

The main reason I'm for making some gear untradeable is that it takes paras and eyes out of circulation. The fewer paras and eyes out there, the better. Eyes and paras let rich players like me have an unfair advantage over players who are just using jewels.

My point about your mythic gear being untradeable is that even if they made it tradeable it wouldn't be worth that much. And it isn't useless. You can still use it on a twink. I wouldn't be opposed to having it made into a vanity if it doesn't take much time. I just think there are far more pressing issues, like existing bugs, class balance, and new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The tradeoff for upgrading was that it would become untradeable. This has already been debated to death in old threads.

The main reason I'm for making some gear untradeable is that it takes paras and eyes out of circulation. The fewer paras and eyes out there, the better. Eyes and paras let rich players like me have an unfair advantage over players who are just using jewels.

My point about your mythic gear being untradeable is that even if they made it tradeable it wouldn't be worth that much. And it isn't useless. You can still use it on a twink. I wouldn't be opposed to having it made into a vanity if it doesn't take much time. I just think there are far more pressing issues, like existing bugs, class balance, and new content.
    We ain't asking it to be tradeable .Converting it into Vanity never affects economy through Para or eye so it's OK. Well I'm pretty sure Converting it into Vanity is thousand times easier than your pressing issues .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I gree in your first point. I think it's better the lesser "overpowered" items are in the game the better. Now even mythic is almost as common as legendary gear.
    Actually it should be like in the season the mythic helmet came out. Only the very best players were able to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

We ain't asking it to be tradeable .Converting it into Vanity never affects economy through Para or eye so it's OK. Well I'm pretty sure Converting it into Vanity is thousand times easier than your pressing issues .
    It might not be as simple as you think. You have to create the option of making it into a vanity. Not simply changing all the sets into vanities. Would it be much simpler than fixing bugs? Probably. Should it be a higher priority? Absolutely not. I would rather have those problems addressed rather than revisiting an old set of gear that is from several caps ago and should never have been upgraded in the first place.

Some players are happy with cosmetic fixes. Others want the game to work. The glintstone trap stuns still don't work. Trap bleed stacking stopped working at some point. Some shadow storm shot upgrades have never worked. Glintstone aegis proc was accidentally nerfed and hasn't been restored. And the list goes on. These are game breaking issues.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree on what you've said hoard. This game is a little boring. The event planning must be more creative the only best part of the event for me is getting in in the leaderboards but only a few would get that banner because one must have a budget of 10-15m to get a safe place in lb. so for the devs pls design an event that we could all enjoy and hoping the increase droprate of jewels