Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bored to the Core

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The main issue is the cost vs profit. Putting the effort to make a good profit and ending up with less than you began with. A lack of a short-term rewards system that's substituted by "Luck". This whole game is a gamble. STS focused more on the far future that they neglect the present's fundamentals that build up a future.

No one in the right mind is going to enjoy a game because it's fun. Maybe in the first few moments of fresh gameplay and new experience. But after all that, people tend to care more about profit and social stance. Money = Power. Attaining profit is what keeps people in the game, especially when the novelty of fresh gameplay experience dwindles away and is replaced by a sense of "work" - when people feel they are sacrificing their time to produce a desirable outcome. To be accepted as a high class person in a society, to feel important. That is the importance of profit.

Now, when a player enters a zone with some kind of supplies that have originated a cost (energy, ankh kits, elixirs, potions etc), and completes the zone with absolutely no notable immediate reward, yet they consumed their supplies (lost energy/ankhs/elixirs/potions), cost overtakes profit. And when a player had a goal to gain profit, they would "work" to attempt to achieve it. So essentially, a player paid out-of-pocket to work, rather than a player being paid to work. Which basically doesnt make sense.

There are two kinds of people in the world of mmo's. Those who don't care for fake virtual currency - who already don't tend to actually play the mmo; and then those who enjoy the sweet moments of accomplishment from winning the game - who tend to enjoy working hard to achieve a goal.

In this situation, the game appeals to neither which greatly limits player enthusiasm and participation. Those who enjoy the game for fun mechanics are the newer minority who still enjoy AL. Even the devs are probably bored with it, which is why they rarely play.
    Last edited by Zylx; 12-25-2015 at 03:30 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    If you make play kits for gold now, people only want to get plat kit to get whatever they want and wont buy other kits ,the other kits lose their value , think before you say.
    is buying 100 plat and selling it as a kit not the same as buying 4 ankh Kits with plat and selling?. . . its the same amount of plat.
    the same ppl selling the kits will be the ones that will sell the plat kits. . more value per plat cause now the buyer of the plat kits can even open locks. . I think many non plat buyer wishes to open locks. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    is buying 100 plat and selling it as a kit not the same as buying 4 ankh Kits with plat and selling?. . . its the same amount of plat.
    the same ppl selling the kits will be the ones that will sell the plat kits. . more value per plat cause now the buyer of the plat kits can even open locks. . I think many non plat buyer wishes to open locks. .
    If a buyer gets plat kit , he can respawn using 1 plat instead of 1 ankh ( 50anks for 50plat?) So no change in price and he could use remaining plat with other things which gives you more benifit, so people look forward only to buy plat kits.

Back to the Topic.
    Last edited by Hoardseeker; 12-25-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wht would we prefer in the plat tier reward (within reason) It's not to late for sts to add somethin to the reward they just needa here wht we want! cmon sts u can see wht we all want.. Don't u want AL to b best mmo 2016? Then make some positive changes! Bring back para n eyes instead of always bringing new gear..Yea jewels are good at twink levels but those poor endgamers. For them to create a maxed set they gotta spend 5 m per eye 10 m per para (it's also risky..u ask why ppl get scammed), it's not fair.. Why r u brining new mythic sets? When u bring new gear your aim is always to try to get rid of para n eyes. Just bring them back but tradeable! Give AL ways to farm..the balance in AL is so uneaven, some ppl (Zeus) who can afford full eye n para sets then there's newbies who reach 46 have no ways of farming other than locks have to spend like a few months just to get arc ring, pendant, etc by this time many quit or buy plat (exactly what you want) also seriously?? I was expecting a plat sale for Halloween but plat price went up..Now I'm not complaining bcs I'm a newbie without any gold. I have full para eye set n can afford to buy another few sets so it's no benifit to me. I just wanna give u some positive feedback which I'm hoping will get read *fingers crossed*.
    Anyway gluck sts, this is what the players want.
    Sented

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This evet is only for hardcore ppl who get tons of tokens... And id also like to suggest something for further events

Kershals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Added Lv36 Mythic set to the Topic. Which made me quit the game for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

They should introduce lucky wheel. ..:-\

1) Free Spin Every 24 Hrs.. ( Addition spin if you use platinum
    2) Add Pet Shards, ( For Example get 10 Malison Shard to craft one Malison Egg.
    3) Elixirs.." Same As Klaas and Shazbot.

This Fortune Wheel actually make players come every day to play ..

and of course not to mention daily login bonus..

Thanks!
    http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee365/milyemily97/papapam.gif

9. The Following User Says Thank You to faithpece For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    I'm a old AL Player , i've been playing AL since Lv26 Cap and now for me it's much boring and i've stopped playing this Xmas event . The changes over time Ruined AL.

1.Entry of Energy System:
    I really hate those energy System and the way it works. I know people buy it for plat but in 2013 Xmas event you can hunt portals around arlor or Buy them with plats too, I'm sure LB runners don't have time to hunt portals and they buy those plat dungeons straight away . The chance if boss spawn depending upon the tier , if 3 gold tier enters and a newbie enters , the weak boss appears which makes those gold tiers angry too.

2. Entry of Jewels.
    One of those major let down , it caused too many inflation with existing Gems . The Gems were Great and if they made those drop rate less or more essence for a gem and it would have gone good.

3.Recipies:
    In older times you directly get loot from the boss or else a chest that was really awesome but now you need to collect tokens , buy a recipe, loot those materials , craft it , wait for a long time and finish. That's boring.

4.Event meter:
    Collect useless eggs,craft it, fill ur crafting slots with no space for other things , open it , fill the bar and the way to brood opens mostly when you are sleeping ....

5. No event Jewels:
    We had Event gems and no jewels.

6. No event boss Drop:
    Use a energy , kill a boss, get points and tokens and a chance for energy essence . That's all, only tier rewards. The greatest thing was getting an awesome loot from boss with your friends looking at it

7.Mythic Prices:
    Now the Mythic Amulet or Ring costs around 2k-30k and you didn't remove it from crates. Mythic items had a Unique position and now it's like a garbage

8. Mythic title at 20k:
    Buy a Planar pendant recipe for 20k and u get a mythic title. ( I got it for 1.2mil buying grim egg) and Mythic title lost its Unique position and cannot be rebuilt now.

9.Pets & Gears over time
    The new pets over-time gets powerful , for example the arcane Pet Hammerjaw is worse than Nightshade and other mythic pets , they should maintain their level overtime and not crossing it. When u quit the game for sometime and you comeback to see your Arcane pet replaced by legendary. Same goes for Gears , Look the Below link for the comparison between Mythic armour and legendary armour of same level(lv31):
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Mythic-Armour

10.Abonded Lv36 Mythic Set:
    It got released in Lv36 Expansion . The Lv41 Expansion passed away and now it's lv46 Expansion and still we got those Old Lv36 mythic set as a Rubbish in our inventory. Can't be sold or Used at least as Vanity.

I've started hating this game , those are my thoughts on the changes made over game and it's a boring to the core event

To prevent the game getting even worse STS should Discuss the Changes planned for the game with the community before they implement it.

Im pretty angry about this too...but why should sts care? Old players leave, new come (its like 1:2 ) sts makes still same money from this,so why care about some nobble players?

sts changed a lot...as (almost) every online RPG Ive played - as the game starts devs r active, making new things which makes new players coming....but as the game becomes popular, devs just recycle old stuff or add things which r popular in other games. STS no longer cares about veterans...

IGN: illidansk/illidanpvp/licence
    Guild: Havrani (ravens) <--- click for more guild info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol so damn true. Boring event, boring pvp, boring game.
    Lets start with the event...plat tier...almost 7k points...is this a joke...? Wasnt it 2.9k last time? And for something not worth shet? Literally 25 crate tokens lmao thats a hell useful item to Non-Plat users right? And additionally, i believed it was mentioned at least a 100times, the energy drop rate is lesser than the drop rate of sns from massive... Then we have the brood badge...200 tokens to fight a boss that opens when your sleepin, and even when you farm? Loot a vanity weapon recipe and hey guess what? Its not even 1/10 of the amount i use for pet food daily..imma lvl13 btw...As its said event is almost useless except to get a swift egg which is similar to breeze..
    Secondly, pvp...everytime i go into a room...heyyyyy i get ganged 1v9 5 on enemy team and 3-4 blockers. What bs is that? Makes pvp so boring just getting ganged daily...Maybe a option to be able to kick people out of your team? The ganging situation at twinking is getting worse and worse and it really needs to be fixed lmao.
    To the game in general, everyday log on, repeat same thing, check auc,do some merch,go pvp,get ganged,leave,check auc again,switch off game. Thats it.
    This game really needs a buff or soon people will start quitting the game. Please sts please..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cursebaby View Post
    Lol so damn true. Boring event, boring pvp, boring game....To the game in general, everyday log on, repeat same thing, check auc,do some merch,go pvp,get ganged,leave,check auc again,switch off game. Thats it.
    Maybe because you are an old player and you 'everyday log on'. Everything gets boring after awhile. Maybe its interesting for new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Maybe because you are an old player and you 'everyday log on'. Everything gets boring after awhile. Maybe its interesting for new players.
    Not only that, I loved this game so I played everyday.
    The thing is, no one wants to grind the same maps over and over again. They do create events and I understand that they can't make every week a new event. I used to have fun playing the events but lately I haven't...I personally feel that it is getting worse by time.

Unless the Devs can make something really interesting and keep us the older players entertained, we will probably quit the game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StrangeAsylum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    I mostly only come on for 30mins a day? Cuz its soo boring lmao

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cursebaby For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

100% Agree with Hoardseeker
    My best memories, I started playing this game in December of 2012 or 2013 ( not remember) rather Tarlok event. When I do not know what that portal even I do not know when it was winter event . I envied people in town wearing costumes of ice because it looks cool. When I 'm trying to finish my quest , I saw all peoples running to the portal and then I followed him turns out I moved to another location that is cool snowy . I go forward with the others and fight dragons although my most dead but I'm happy because I can get the chest then told me to open it and turns it armor made ​​of ice I want (epic rarity). I am very proud and happy even though the event is over and my level far beyond the level of armor that I still wear . STS , can you create a memorable game like that again ? I am sure you can! Rise up and be the best MMO in 2016 .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Well it was not all bad, we should give sts some encouragement, i like the part where brood comes out, everyone starts farming for it and also the egg hunt after that, fairly exciting, but i also see ways where that can be improved, like brood give a chance to drop more valuable items, lvl 46 legendaries which are of decent stats or interesting procs/ 1% drop rate for the new mythic weaps and for the egg hunt idk, its fun but too much luck involved i guess and ppl (including me ) always mistake tarlok for syrillax!!!
    POTATO ISH ME

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Potato is me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

You took the words out of my mouth hoard.
    I remember the old times and it's sad to see what happened to the game.
    I started playing again 2 weeks ago and everything has changed- mostly to the negativ...

Miss the old times farming portals and congratulating your guildies and best friends for dropping awesome eggs and chest.
    As for now the game is really onesides. All you do is running watchers tomb for essences and fight against 5 differenz bosses as you said for almost nothing.

A vanity for weeks of hard work or if you buy enough plats for a ridiculous high amount of money is in my opinion very very unfair.

Another point I wonder about is, why STS does not implement some log in bonuses or daily rewards.

KAt the moment i am even thinking of quitting again after my comeback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

AL, as other sts games I have loved. I have no reason to level. I don't do pvp, i don't really farm anymore...and the low levels I used to play that had a chance of gaining some gold "locked chests" and selling those items....not alot, but enough to keep me busy. AL has changed, but not for me..but players who love to collect. titles..vanity's..and pets.

I need to be able to hop into a game..get some items..and get out...not feeling like i've lost more then I went in. AL was like this before..and raising in level meant something. meaning money was to be made at lower levels so people didn't have to depend on locked chests to get something great.

So now, anytime i log onto AL...its only to play low levels in the hopes to find a way to make some dinero...till that day hits again...ill just log in to visit towns. happy holidays ladies and gents.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

It's actually very easy to make gold now, compared to how difficult it was during the planar tombs expansion.

Strategy died when they decreased the difficulty of the new elites. But it seems like I'm in the minority. A lot of players hated planar. I loved it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

IMO AL is all abt gear, gold, and everyone uses almost the same (almost) skill builds and strategies.
    So if STS could make this game more skill based, and make more farming places and more ways of getting gold etc...
    I totally agree with Hoardy.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I have played AL since S1, in my opinion, players never stop complaining, in any time....

The L46 mythic set at least are farmable, although need long time, it is alrdy a progress.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    I have played AL since S1, in my opinion, players never stop complaining, in any time....

The L46 mythic set at least are farmable, although need long time, it is alrdy a progress.
    Yep agree with avshow here. In S1 people complained as well. Many people complained about the elusive four for a while as well. IMO this quest is good because it's a long goal to achieve instead of an ezpz one.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles